1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Saints - 10/7

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 7, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +507 / 13 / -3
    I personally think we should of ran the ball more.. I think RM got 2-3 carries in the 2nd half when the guy was averaging 8-10 a carry.

It was 24-21 when we got the ball back.. should of just ran it down NO's throat and controlled the clock. Get into those 3rd downs and those play actions become more effective.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    That is a lie, plain and simple. Why would the guy battle his *** off for 70 plays, only to give up on the last one? It makes no sense.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    Rivers hit on all the passes over 20 yards in the first half and the Saints made the adjustment to take away the long pass and this opened up the run game for Mathews. This game gets another F for Norv.
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    The Chargers played two teams last night, the NFL Saint's and the NFL Referee's and still had a chance to win. Blaming Norv for this loss would about as smart as slugging your mom in the mouth.
  5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Yep, obvious he was hurt. People aren't watching if they can't see that.
  6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Gaither was def. hurt:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=4497&line=243725&spln=1

As for blame... 100% on Norv. For everything. 55 yd FG attempt should've been a punt to pin them down deep. 2nd half offense was slow and plodding. Not recognizing Gaither's injury and letting him stay in. I can go on... but what's the point? He wasn't prepared to face this kind of adversity and deliver a kill shot when he had them down.

Norv needs to stand in front of the media and say these exact words: "I take full responsibility for not having our team better prepared to deal with the situations we faced last night"

Then end the conference and move on. Because now you've gotta prepare for a defense that will be relentless in its pass rush. And an offense that will be looking to kill your horrible secondary all night long.

Prepare yourselves now for 3-3... and then 8-8. it's coming.
  7. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Harrison played for the Chargers. He knows from experience.
  8. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    At that point the coaching staff has to have a replacement ready and sub him off....if he lays down for the trainer we lose 10 seconds for injury timeout. It's the O-Line coaches responsibility to manage personnel and he blew it bigtime. Don't blame Gaither, up until then he'd played his *** off. I just hope he's okay because Harris isn't up for it.

With all the other things that went on you really blame Gaither for that loss? How about refs not calling PI on NO all night, then flagging Gates for breathing oxygen. Norv being too aggressive in the 2nd half, Ingram for not pulling back a little, the NFL for making this a sissy *** league where Ingram should have to pull back, Goodell for turning it into a circus letting Saints brass go to the well....'circus.'
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,704 / 45 / -26
    You gave up your chance to appear rational with that post. :rolleyes:

Gaither was injured, pure and simple....... his only mistake was not taking himself out of the game. Considering how nearly everyone was doubting his back injury, it's not so surprising that he tried to gut it out. It's like Dielman staying in after a concussion..... players don't make the best decisions about their health.
  10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    The ****** up thing is that Norv said it's up to the players to get themselves out.
    When's the last time that worked? (LT and Cro aside...)
  11. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +141 / 2 / -0
    I never said said I blame the loss on gaither because I dont, but yes I do believe he cost us a chance to tie the game obviously
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21

Dude was trying to prove he was tough after that back spasm nonsense. Yeah he probably cost us but after the penalties and this teams loser mentality we wouldn't have scored a TD....and even if we had our injured or backup long snapper would have ****** up the extra point.
  13. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,704 / 45 / -26
    Obviously, the man is deathly afraid of Lasik surgery....... cut him some slack. ;)
  14. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +141 / 2 / -0
    Despite all the calls we did get bailed out with an automatic first down on that 2nd or 3nd down watever it was and basically the field so we did have a chance.. and for the long snapper, Windt was fine and was on the field snapping after his injury.. all im saying is that wasnt the time or place for gaither to go all tough guy on us
  15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21
    Yeah but the nullified plays cost us some 20 seconds and 30+ yards, and despite my dislike for Norv's 2 minute drill (see his record in 1 score games) its hard to keep drawing up 20 yard passes to the sideline without defenses catching on.
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    The bottom line is the Bolts lost to the Saints, if's, ands, buts won't change a thing. The young defense simply fell apart when it mattered most but they are improving and won't lose many more like that. The 3rd quarter offense is a mystery to me, is Norv taking his foot off the throttle or does Rivers have some type of phobia to racking up the score??? why did Rygina go from 8 yards per carry in the first half to barely 2 yards in the second half before he went missing??

I still believe it's the San Diego Curse, you could bring back Vince fawking Lombardi and crazy happenings would still occur. It's time for Father Joe to come out of retirement and perform an exorcism on this team.