1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chiefs @ Chargers - 9/25

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sandolf, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    We have a lot of changes and the was a lock out. It is affecting other teams too. Players are not as sharp and there is an awful lot of injuries. Just ride it out. The rise of Buffalo and Detroit is a good indication that things are evening out. But it is a long season. We shouldn't whine... and Super Bowl tickets for either of them may be a tad premature.

2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    So do the rest of them. All 31 to be exact.

3. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    The Chiefs are down, hurting. But they played like Men, did anyone think they would just fold?. These guys have pride & wanted to win badly. The Chargers looked like they were simply playing to not lose. Rivers better get his head out of his butt real quick.

4. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    We always start out slow every season, but this time we've actually gone 2-1 instead of 1-2 or 0-3.. I'll take this win for now but I'm not happy what so ever. I think the expectations were raised a little too high for this team. They have alot of new personnel, new special team and defensive cord. and alot of new players. We made some great signings but we've lost Riveira who was so big in what we did last year on D and just a lethal weapon in Sproles..

None the less, we have alot of talent, we have to get are act together without a doubt.. Norv's clock has to be ticking, I don't know who leaves me in worst heart ache.. the Chargers or Redsox?! :mad:

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 8 / -0
    What does it say about him? That he's whipped?:laugh:
    All kidding aside, I do think he is one of the hardest working guys on the team.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 37 / -21
    Another thing....have Mathews in the game on 4th and 1.

When we have Tolbert, Hester, and Rivers in the backfield the only option we have is going up the middle, and defenses always cheat that way. A nice toss to Mathews (a la LT back in the day) would have been damn near indefensable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    Yeah good point. There was actually another team playing today.

I mean... who would you guys rather be? All of the top teams have come up with stinkers. Pats blew a big lead... Ravens got blown out by the lowly Titans... after blowing out Pittsburgh themselves. Green Bay looks to be in good form... who else?

8. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Yes I love mathews as well.. He is really developing a dangerous game catching the ball and running it..

Tolbert is good.. But i think we should use him more as a fullback instead of this 2 back system crap, he made two critical errors last week against the Pats.. Another thing since I'm on this Running Back rampage, can we please activate Jordan Todman, the rookie RB out of Uconn, this guy is from my neck of the woods and let me tell you something he is a hell of player, is 3 seasons at Uconn he didn't fumble ONCE! I know he did in Pre-season but we need to activate him, I'm pretty positive hes not hurt and if he gets some time he can DEVELOP into a mini Sproles..

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 37 / -21
    One bad week doesn't concern me, its 3 below average weeks in a row + the injuries thats got me concerned. Not one solid performance yet from the Chargers. At least the Pats and Ravens have quality wins on their record.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    I agree, I'm not Chicken Little'ing but we haven't looked too good in all 3 of our games that's the difference. Ravens have dominated 2/3, Steelers dominated last week, Pats dominated 2/3, we haven't dominated anything. The Chargers just don't look like a strong team right now. But hey, 2-1 right?

11. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    Mini Sproles? Is he 4'11"? Lol

12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    Fortunately quality wins don't count any more in the standings... (just in tie breakers). Regular season games are not the holy grail. I'll happily take a one point win over the Fish next week.

13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Lol my bad, I meant his play..

guys 5'9 193, had an incredible combine.. who at 193 puts up 225, 25 times!?

some great stats as well..

YearTeamAttYardsAverageTDsReceptionsYardsTDs
    2008 Connecticut 47 296 6.3 3 2 4 0
    2009 Connecticut 235 1,188 5.1 14 21 185 0
    2010 Connecticut 334 1,695 5.1 14 19 94 0
    College Totals 616 3,179 5.2 31 42 283 0

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 37 / -21
    Mathews is on pace for 1200+yds rushing, and 1100yds recieving.:eek: Of course its early and stats are a little inflated, but the kid is good, and I can't wait to see a game where our O-line actually opens holes for him.

Tolbert just doesn't have the foot speed to avoid defenders in the backfield. I like him as a 3rd back, I wouldn't give him too many carries unless we're playing a small defense like Indy or Denver.

15. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Yeah I agree.. Not too positive but I think hes one of our top receivers.. He really is developing into something special.. I like the fact Tolbert is a smash mouth RB.. he gets some yardage after the hit.. But he just doesn't cover the ball well.. look at last season as well..

16. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    B-b-but we gave up too much for him!

• Like Like x 2
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 37 / -21
    B-b-but he failed his conditioning test!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    B-b-b-b-but the poncho!

19. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Well I'll talk about the game a little more..

Defense- Great first half.. Terrible second.. Gave up way too much, injury to Jammer as well.. But still Cason has to step up he was beat all over the field last week and now again in the second half of this week.. But that could also have to do with the so-so run/pass rush we get.. We need more defensive takeways..

Hopefully we'll get Sanders, Liuget, and Jammer back.. We could use Stephen Cooper back as well at 100 %

Offense- Rivers needs to wake up.. He had a phenomenal year last year and now looks like it got to his head.. throwing off the back foot into double one time last week TRIPLE coverage.. C'mon buddy think a bit..

Gates does a lot when hes 100% but this nagging injury has got me worried.. Need Mathews in the game more as well maybe introduce Tolbert as a full back/ third down back..

O-line needs better protection

Special teams- so-so, still not bought that were better than last year.. Novak looked good.. Sproles was a big loss.. shake my head.. but we must move on

20. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    who are we talking about here? lol

21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 37 / -21
    The aptly named "Ryanna Mathews" or "Ryan Leaf Mathews"......you know, the guy we should have drafted Terrance Cody and Ben Tate instead of?:coffee:

LOL the clowns on this board.

22. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering the same damn thing.

23. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
  24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 39 / -8

[​IMG]

SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter

worse, rivers' decision-making has been suspect. 1 team official told me rivers' only problem is that he's pressing for a fast start. um, ok
    1 minute ago

[​IMG]

as for philip rivers, love him to death but he is not playing well. his 6 INTs are nearly half his total (13) for all of last season. ...
    2 minutes ago

[​IMG]

re cassel's INT to end the game, there is only one way to describe it: AWFUL. threw blindly, which violated everything he has been taught
    4 minutes ago

ยป

[​IMG]

couple of thoughts from yesterday: chiefs are 0-3 one year after starting 3-0. combined record of their opponents: 8-1. (buff, det, sd)
    6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,559 / 7 / -2
    Our opponents combined records:

2-7

*shudder*

26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 37 / -21
    Dolphins are 0-3 too lol

No better way to hide your problems than by playing teams with more than you.

27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    Yeah.. BUT the one we lost to has the two wins. You can spin stats however you want. If you guys enjoy wallowing in the mud... be my guest.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    Meh... teams with a bad record need to play more desperate. Every NFL team has good players. With Jammer out I don't doubt that Henne will torch Cason for some points. We will score more than they do if we settle this issue with the turnovers. That is in the Chargers control. Its not like we don't have the personnel to get the job done.

29. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    thats ridiculous..

• Like Like x 1
  30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    So sorry that the Chargers ruined so many people's day by winning. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1