1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Falcons @ Chargers - 9/23

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Sep 23, 2012.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    Watching the Broncos right now...even while getting dominated they are smarter on offense than us.

Have short routes open all day long, making that O-line look so mch better than it is.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    The Broncos will kick our ***.
  3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    You are the one saying they don't throw quick short passes and then when it pointed out you still deny it. You have no clue of the game or what has happened. There were 8-10 short balls and royal was mentioned. You said none of it happened I I proved you are a liar on both accounts. End of story, you have no cred in here.
  4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    I can't let this go unanswered.

What exactly do you base this on? This was a single game, and yes we crapped all over ourselves. So what? This will only have a carryover effect if the team lets it happen. Go to Arrowhead and win, and nobody will care about this afterward.

Teams have bad games...it happens. This alone does not indicate a systemic problem. Hell, the '94 49ers got whacked 40-8 at home by the Eagles and blew through the field -- us included unfortunately -- they did not panic, and I won't either.

End of rant.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21

I'm sorry the fact that you can find one screen pass that happened early in the game doesn't tell me jack ****. It may have been the only pass to a WR for less than 5 yards the entire game and I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not saying we have no short passes in our playbook, thats just you taking things to the extreme again.

The entire point I was making Norv doesn't use them enough. Its as the Falcons players put it "A touchdown or checkdown offense" strait out of the early 90's. For example we ran 2 slant passes total last week, both went for 20+ yards because the defense was so shocked to see a modern day offensive play call.
  6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    You're a liar, now you're trying to change your story. Go away sonny, you're just full of shyte.
  7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    The Raduds are going to pull this one out.
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    How did I change my story? The entire point (AS YOU JUST SAID) was that we don't call enough short passing plays....I'm defending that point....hence the story has not changed. Wether Royal dropped the pass or not is irrelevant (I sure don't remember it) the point is what it is we don't run enough of them to keep defenses guessing.

I don't know that I've ever spoken to someone with a lower IQ than you, this is unbelievable. :roflmao: Its like watching a monkey try to tea bag a flamingo, the science and situation is all wrong, the angle is all wrong, yet the moneky keeps trying.
  9. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 3 / -0
    We got Mugged ,it was ugly. PR lookd like Forrest Gump running for his life, End of story. On to next week
  10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    You have been exposed as a fraud and caught with your panties down, just deal with it and move on, no big deal.
  11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    Raiduds just won.
  12. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    we weren't mugged, we weren't robbed. We were out Norved.:cry:
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    F
    Lol okay, just tell yourself that 1 failed bubble screen consists of our entire short passing game, and that its enough to prove my point false.

Hey Jackie Battle averaged over 20 ypc today, clearly he is the best RB in the league now.
    Oh and the Cardinals won again, that must mean John Skelton is an elite QB!

We know the NFL, if its been done once that's enough to convince HEX! And that should be good enough for all of us.
  14. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    ****** game. No pass protection, Rivers was all over the place, Dropped balls by wideouts, fumbles, a shanked punt (really didn't make a difference but just showed how it just wasn't our day), etc.

The whole 9 yards.. We were outplayed in every aspect of the game. Got our tails whooped. What pisses me off is so many people on this site are quick to point the finger at RM for fumbling. Yes he fumbled, there's no hiding it, but how are you gonna blame him and argue about a guy who average 4.4 a carry today. But still has been out for over a month with NO contact.

Nobody points out that Rivers looks like a deflated QB. I honestly think his best years are behind him. He forces every single pass when he has pressure in his face, and it was exposed today and really should of had more than 2 INT's. Why doesn't he just take the sack or throw it away. Its so frustrating to watch a great drive get picked off by a stupid error by Rivers. It happened a lot last year and will continue I'm sure this year. I love aggressive QB's but PR gets overly aggressive.

Another error he made is when he had Gates open for a TD in the endzone if he threw it over the top. Instead he tries forcing the ball into Gates and it got deflected at the goaline. Just shows his weakened arm strength as well.

Bring on the Chiefs I guess.. that should be interesting.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,545 / 7 / -2
    This game was so brutal to sit through. Completely inept in almost every offensive and defensive category today. ******* turnovers and drops all over the place on O, and the D completely pissed all over themselves pretty much the whole day. Play great on 1st and 2nd downs, then just curl up into a ball and sob in the corner like a child when 3rd down and long rolls around.

Complete Falcon domination. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come the rest of the season when the team is facing good/great opposition, but my gut says probably, yep (and my gut is huge).

:(
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    Fire Norv now! why wait.:tup:
  17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    Very brutal game, the Charger's should be arrested for impersonating a football team.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    What is frustrating is watching abraham rush past Harris on every play. Norv knows he is a struggling rookie so why did he not give him help? when Norv did us the RB to chip Rivers had time to throw. Norv just bowed down and looked like my avatar.

Maybe Norv needs to start coaching from the coaches box since he is an exaggerated HC. Let him see the entire field and make his adjustments. I am in total shock of how bad, the way, we lost. We had no fight, no game plan, no clock management, nothing.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    Same Ole chargers!
    Lets face it....
    1. Stupid mistakes, turnovers in the redzone by Mathews (fumbling machine)
    2. Rivers continues to cost us games with dumb plays, the gunslinger throwing stupid INT forcing the ball instead of taking what the defense gives you, throwing up jump balls... Philip this is the NFL not NBA.
    3. Offensive line (esp LT and RT) can't block speed rushers.
    4. Receivers dropping catchable passes.
    5. Defense cant get off the field on 3rd down, Bigby penalty (so much for new DC).
    6. Scifi botched punt... really?
    I wonder if our defenders have ever seen a hitch or curl route. Thats the only thing ATL was doing all day. Once again no pressure from front
    7. No adjustments whatsoever, this comes from the coaches. The team is not prepared and its contagious.

Dean really screwed us this year by not firing Norv and changing the culture of the team.

And we will continue to see blackouts..... Thats probably the only good thing from today's game, (No one in San Diego saw this horrible pathetic performance)
  20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Same old Chargers? WE'll have to see how they respond to this loss to know for certain.

Same old gutless fan base? Certainly littered with recognizable faces.
  21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    I think we can take solice with the fact that we could not possibly have played any worse, and be glad it happened in week 3 rather than against a division opponent late in the season. This is IMHO the 2nd most thorough loss of the Norv era, behind the Lions game last year.
  22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Quite a few of you are saying the Chargers made no adjustments what so ever... OK. Did you get to see the game to make that call? Or are you assuming because the team lost, there must not have been any adjustments?
  23. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    i watched the game.. im in kc
  24. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +411 / 7 / -1
    I saw the game Conc and I saw an Offensive adjustment... we went from a balanced attack to abandoning the run before half time!, oh I don't believe the D made adjustments, we continued to play zone as we did not want to confuse the Falcons....

(just a little bit of irony here)
  25. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,377 / 36 / -16
    That's why--with possibly the greatest NFL passer of all time--the Broncos are rockin it (with a 1-2 record).
    Because they know what you, Matty (and almost none of the NFL's idiot offensive co-ordinators) know:
    That the simple answer to offensive success is short passes! Little slants...and oh, don't get me started on
    the 100% indefensible bubble screen! It's guaranteed success! It's hard to believe that stupid Norv
    (and all those other stupid OCs) don't "get" what you see so clearly. Is citing a losing effort as
    evidence that short passes lead to victory kind of funny? Sure! But it's not about logic or gettin' facts right...
    it's about truthiness, and knowing in your heart that short passes = success...even if they don't.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    what adjus
    what adjustments did you notice? I seen a pass rush that killed Rivers that Norv sometimes called a rb chip of Abraham. Norv was out coached (SURPRISE!!!).
  27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,377 / 36 / -16
    • Funny Funny x 2
  28. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    I would not say the Chargers abandoned the run, but let me ask you and Angry in KC (aka rickochey ;)) something. What was the score at the end of the half?

I wont wait for an answer, it was exactly 20 to nothing. That is being down 3 touchdowns. What were you exepecting? In a situation like that, you pass. Especially if your star RB once again coughed up the football in the red zone. I for one would not be running the ball, as that is the play that grinds the most clock.

Looking at the drive charts it appears that the Falcons were able to take all our passing game away in the second half. 1st drive 3rd quarter; 12 offensive plays, 10 passes, 2 runs, 7 incomplete passes. Where would you put the run?

I would suggest that the absence of a different outcome does not indicate that no half time adjustments were made. I said the Chargers would have difficulty with this team. They played to every one of our team weaknesses, and Mathews and Rivers made it even worse with giving the balls away.

I think you have to look at more than jsut the scores, you have to look at the situation if you are going to say the team failed to do something. What I see the team did was fail to get on the same page offensively, and defensively *yet again* they failed to get off the field on 3rd downs.
  29. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    C'mon Lance... That is called "FAITH"
  30. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    of course we gotta pass and NORV can see that they WERE blitzing their asses off. And NORV allowed them to dictate that they were going to play THEIR game. Norv does not know how to take that away from team that out coach him. THE hurry up should have been used from the start. Norv just sat back and wasted all 25 seconds to get everything right. BS!! Take control and slow them down by tiring them out.