1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Chargers 11/6

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Nov 6, 2011.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 44 / -6
    There is plenty of reasons why the bolt's lost this game, River's is only one of them.
  2. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    Yes, I agree. Penalties was another.
  3. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +153 / 2 / -0
    did anyone else see gilchrist getting smoked all day long.. can we bring cason back alrdy
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    So we can then post 'did anyone else see cason getting smoked all day long.. can we bring gilchrist back alrdy'

:roflmao:
  5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    Why is it that we never seem to HIT on good secondary players? We certainly have had plenty of goes at finding one!!! Even Jammer, who is our best one (and is still a good player) wouldn't get into many other teams around the league and has big holes in his game.
  6. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +153 / 2 / -0
    id rather have cason in there... gilchrist aint ready yet he clearly doesnt look comfortable/confident out there in coverage
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    six of one half a dozen of the other to me... But I understand what you are saying.
  8. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    I've forgotten about Weddle, but still we have missed more than we have hit on secondary players
  9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -0
    Hey we're glad to have you on board, but I will tell you that the years between the '94 Super Bowl season and when you started following the bolts you missed a lot of really bad football (look up the team's record during that period, 3rd or 4th place mostly...1 playoff appearance, Jim Harbaugh and the Colts crushed us to end the 1995 season) The team can break your heart..but at least they have had a realistic shot at making the post season the last few years.

Keep the faith!
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +828 / 22 / -1
    Exactly. I think a lot of fans have shown up in the last decade due to age or just because the team is playing well. They have been spoiled by a team that's always in the hunt (though we haven't won it all) and don't have the perspective of how really bad this team has been in the past, spans of years when we had NO shot at the post season. Heck, both of my kids became Charger fans during a time period where we always contended, and the Raiders have never been a factor.
  11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -0
    Perhaps some of the younger fans...and some of the perennial whiners should pick up a media guide, thumb thru it a little bit and realize it could be worse...a lot worse. I still believe this current team can get better (...yes, I'm a "homer") and I am hoping they start getting better Thursday night...nothing better than watching defeated ray-turd fans slinking out of the Q after a loss (or during the 3rd quarter) ...it's a beautiful thing!
  12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 5 / -0
    At the end of the game, they actually brought Cason back into the defense.
  13. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings Received:
    +66 / 2 / -0
    We hit on Cromartie, but he's only good in man coverage. We forced him to play zone, where he sucks.
  14. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The Chargers are 'allowed' to lose to a better team and that's what happened last night.

The second int was a brilliant play by the GB defense and the third one could have happened to any QB at that stage of the game.

I saw plenty to be happy with from both the Offense and Defense during the game and hell, even the Special Teams made a play.

Our 'broken' QB still moved the ball, still scored TD's and took us to within one TD from OT - against the reigning SB champs.

All is not lost.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Naa i disagree we will stomp the Raiders asses in the ground... Carson will throw 2 picks to The 40 million dollar man Eric Weddle ... and Rivers will get his s*it together against that lame *** Raiders defense.. I got faith we gotta get this s*it right we should've beaten the packers if Rivers didn't throw those 2 pick 6's.. i like how we fought back in the game but too little too late... Thursday Night we taking this got damn division str8 up and wiping our asses with em [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 44 / -6
    It's true that River's brought the team back and was close to tying up the score. It's also true that he Fawked up big to cause the deficit to overcome. I have seen River's play since his freshman year at NCSU and have never seen play like this out of him. I don't profess to know what's wrong but I sure hope for all out sakes it gets fixed real quick.
  17. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    I agree with what he says! ;)
    • Like Like x 1