1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Patriots @ Chargers - 10/24: LOSS 23 - 20

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by Trumpet_Man, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ynnoj

ynnoj BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bottom line, somebody needs to be made an example of. Somebody needs to lose their job.

This somebody is Crosby. He's easily replaced.

2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Making someone an example is not going to solve the Chargers problems. The entire organization needs a paradigm change...band aids won't work.

3. ynnoj

ynnoj BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In the grand scheme of things, you're right. But in order to save this season somebody needs to be fired.

4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    ? WE arent allowed to be upset or disappointed? What does that mean?
    It shows we care for the team. We arent robots here fella.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +246 / 22 / -3
    and the onside kick the second and the first want showing submissive signs..??

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    You can feel what ever you want, do you have to whine about it? The Bolt's lost get over it.

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,255 / 38 / -21
    know what, I bet you if you did the math on onside kicks compared too going for it on 4th and short.....4th down is far less risky.

The onside kick was not a hard call. Down 2 scores with 8 minutes left when your defense just got gashed two drives in a row? It was absolutely necessary.

We were playing on borrowed time. It was a sloppy fuckfest of a game. Just go for it.

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    And who would you pick to fire at this point in the season with the Charger W-L record what it is, that would not cause complete chaos and disarray?

Your season may have to turn into not only an execution and discipline training school for youing players, but there needs to be some really deep probing and introspection into how to change the systemic funk that has followed the franchise for many years....and what it will take to do that. Maybe ownership and general management is THE serious roadblock to winning the Lombardi.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 19 / -4
    Slight Correction

It was a sloppy fuckfest of a game except for the defense (minus the long drive in the third) and the offense in the fourth quarter. Basically half the team decided to not give a flyingfuck until their *** was really in the fire while the other half of the team basically played their *** off and gave the fucktards every chance to get ahead and win

10. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    How is dicussing the game whining about it. Hey is your name Spock? Or are you a drill Sargeant?
    Should we rub dirt in it and walk it off? Hey no one is crying. Besides this is a dicussion forum, not a silence forum. VOX POPULI!
    I am over it. I have accepted we will suck this year. Doesn't mean we have to shut up though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,255 / 38 / -21
    You mean....minus the two long scoring drives that HAD JUST HAPPENED...right? At the time our defense was bending, our offense was finally moving, we were down 2 scores with 8 minutes....the onside kick was an easy call to make.

The 4th down call should have been too. With our STs issues our 5th long snapper and our backup kicker any number of things could have gone wrong...and DID.

12. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    This is the worst, most undisciplined, dumb, idiotic, bunch of losers I have ever seen. . thats the team, players, coaches, organization everybody

You can't write the **** this idiots do every week to lose a game. and there is Norv standing there looking up at the screen, go coach Norv that is what your being paid to do right?

Norv your job isn't to talk to philip every second on the sidelines, you need to get in these guys face when they constantly **** up with these boneheaded penalties, fumbles and sloppy play.

And Philip how bout a 4th quarter comeback just once this year, That's 4 times this year he didn't come thru in the clutch.

Season is over, I had faith but after today I don't believe things can change quick enough to make a difference, not with Norv and AJ's idiotic players, I just hope he's fired soon, can't take much more of this ****, i don't know what else to do but just laugh.

13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 19 / -5

I agree. Answer this scenario. If Rivers threw a Perfect ball and I mean perfect and it was for the game winner and the reciever flat out drops it. Is it the QB's fault? Rivers could have played tons better. But seriously every single loss shouldn't be put on him. Win as a team. Lose as a team

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,155 / 32 / -0
    I'm all for looking to the coaches for some of the undisciplined mistakes, but things like Goodman getting up and leaving the ball on the ground? Do you really mean to tell me that's a result of the coaches not instructing him properly or not drilling home the rules properly? LOL. 8 year old pop warner kids don't make that mistake.

Sure, some of it is on the coaches, but alot is on the players, too. I think mistakes like this are contagious, just as good ball handling and fundamentals are contagious.

15. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    yea I agree, im sure playcalling has something to do with it, but we are always in position to win or tie the game and something happens and philip can't quite get us there, and some of it is on him he needs to play better in the redzone, but ultimately the entire offense needs to step up at the end of games

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    This is Charger ball, always has been. There are a few of us still waiting for the worm to turn and win the Lombardi and this style of play is nothing new to any fan with a memory. Many of us were not happy with the Norv hire but learned to deal with it. It would be nice to see that Lombardi in San Diego but I sure as hell am not going to let a game control the way I feel, think and live.

17. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It must have been all that rain.

Oh....wait.

Nm.

18. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    Smug arent we. You wont be going anywhere in the playoffs anyway. So enjoy the regular season buddy.

19. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

Who said we would? We're no where close to an elite team yet

We weren't supposed to make the playoffs this year, but I like the direction we're going.

There are just several people here who promised me that week 1 was ONLY because of rain and "one or two easily fixable special teams plays."

Well, how's that lookin' now?

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,255 / 38 / -21
    Well its lookin like something new every week. Everything that can go wrong to undermine a talented team, has gone wrong for the Chargers. From STs disasters in every single game, to untimely fumbles, to INJURIES this week, to piss poor coaching.

You gloat like a revisionist tw*t because we all thought this team was going to the playoffs...well find me someone legitimate who didn't! (By legitimate I mean not a biased Raider, Bronco, or Chief fan) Find me a human being who gets paid cover the NFL, who picked the Chargers to start 2-5. Please, be my guest.

21. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I am not talking about analysts, Matty. I am talking about YOU.

You told me after week one that the Chiefs sucked and the chargers ONLY lost because of rain and "easily fixable" special teams problems.

Then after Seattle, you blamed the refs and those "one or two special teams plays"

Then you said that the Chiefs lost to a "declining" Peyton Manning, a quarterback nowhere near as good as one Phyllis Rivers.

Then you told me that San Diego's problems were MUCH easier to fix than the Chiefs and that the Chiefs would not win more games because they have a crap quarterback.

Let's see how that's panned out...

The Chargers are still finding ways to lose even with their "elite" quarterback, while the Chiefs are somehow managing to win.

BTW, our "putrid" offense has put up 73 points in the last two games. Not bad for having the worst offense in football, hey Matty?

I don't have a problem with most charger's fans, kiddo. I do, however, enjoy rubbing it in the faces of the few arrogant assholes like you and !-Dolt-! who can't figure out that when you get beat...you get beat. Excuses get you...right where you are.

22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,255 / 38 / -21
    Ok pay attention dunce because this is the last time I'm going through this and I know you miss a lot of things.

1. And so it is fixable. Fumblitis, and bad special teams are much easier fixes than lack of talent, and I stand by that. But you gotta be reasonable, every week its something or someone different. It started with kick returns, then blocked punts, now missed FGs....The fumbles started with Mathews, then Tolbert, then Naanee, then Tolbert again, then today 3 different guys (Wilson, Hester, and Goodman) all fumbled balls that killed drives where we had a chance to extend the lead.

Today we gave up only 36yds in the entire 1st half, and less than 200 total. We know we can move the ball when we're not fumbling it around, but injuries forced us to play some players we wouldn't otherwise. Sooner or later its gonna come together, hopefully its not already too late.

2. YOU ARE FLAT OUT LIEING about the Peyton Manning thing. I never said he was declining. I said it was the worst game I'd seen him play since his 6int game back in 2008....and you still managed to lose.

3. Lets talk about your putrid offense.... Last week you played Houston, 29th in pts allowed, 32nd in pass defense, 32nd in total yards allowed, you moved the ball? Big whoop, you still lost. Today you played Jacksonville a team on there 3rd string QB, they are also 31st in pts allowed, 30th in yds allowed, 27th in pass D...again, big whoop.

No doubt the Chiefs have improved, but I still don't think you win more than 8 games this season.

Call me when Matt Cassel is down 10pts in the 4th quarter to the Patriots, and he converts a 3rd and 12 pass to his practice squad rookie WR with a name nobody can pronounce to keep the drive going, and goes on to score a TD. Call me when everyone in the stadium knows he's gonna pass...and he still picks the defense apart.

23. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    Obvious troll is obvious

24. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    LOL You are such an idiot Matty. STILL making excuses and still claiming your team is better than everyone they lose to lol

Also, the Chiefs have won 5 games already, and you think they can't get 3 more against the Bills, Cards, Seahawks, Titans, Raiders, Donkeys and Chargers. You ARE delusional.

Also, Matt, Do TRY to pay attention. The Chiefs don't play the Pats. One of the sure reasons why we will make the playoffs is that our schedule is very easy. The other reason is...we get to play teams like the chargers twice :)

25. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    The Chargers are a better team than the teams they lost to. Everyone in the world can see that, everyone has acknowledged that, along with the fact that this talented team has underachieved, and has played poorly. There is a difference between a poor team, and a team playing poorly. The stats show the Chargers DOMINATE the numbers game, but make ALOT of stupid mental mistakes along with turnovers that has killed them to where they fall short at the end. Trent Dilfer called them the AFC Cowboys. Talented team that just can't execute to get the job done. Everyone is shocked at the Chargers outcome so far. (Although I will point out the Chargers are better than the Cowboys)
    There's reasons why the Chargers have played poorly, we can see that when we watch every game, and every play this season. But by no means is this a poor team out "DOMINATED" by the teams they lost to. It is what it is, and you are what your record says you are. Sometimes the best team underachieves and doesn't live up to it's potential, and sometimes Colt McCoy and the Browns go to New Orleans and beat the Saints :eek: Things like this happens every year in the NFL, and so far this season the Chargers have underachieved with mental mistakes. Not a excuse, just the facts on why they are 2-5. Even the 49ers are a better team than their record indicates, and the Bears are WORSE than their record indicates. Even the Vikings are not living up to their potential, but that has to do more with their QB than anything.
    Next year there will be another team people will acknowledge is talented, possibly a playoff team that is underachieving. Happens every year. So far this year the CHARGERS, BENGALS, SAINTS, VIKINGS, and COWBOYS are ALL underachieving who were playoff teams from last year, AND all have a very talented team. They all have made bad mistakes, and at times have NOT executed when they needed to. Are they BAD teams??? F-NO they are all good teams that are struggling. Basically the SAME players as last year in the starting lineup, or have upgraded at a position. All 5 of those teams are BETTER than the BEARS, SEAHAWKS, CHIEFS, or REDSKINS. But those teams are overachieving like we didn't really expect them to. Nobody would have picked them to have better records at this point, and to have beaten the CHARGERS, BENGALS, SAINTS VIKINGS, or COWBOYS. S*it happens to the best of teams at times. The Steelers have won 2 SB's in the Big Ben era, and I believe they also missed the playoffs twice in that period as well. Were they awful in those years, NO, they just underachieved and made mistakes that cost them some games, but still were a good team in those years. That's just my opinion on this whole debate.

• Like Like x 1