1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Raiders @ Chargers 11/10

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sandolf, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +236 / 22 / -3
    I agree, but then I disagree when considering that PRs spiking/throwing the ball back into the LOS out of frustration on a flag play should also be called. As it isnt called, I can let this kick slide.
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    Yep. The days of teams circling the Chargers on their calendar are over.
  3. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ex jocks, hacks and others that fill up ESPN, NFL Network etc. don't know what the **** they are talking about half the time. They go whatever way the wind blows. Remember there is no real journalism going on in sports. The hard questions have never been asked when it comes to the San Diego Chargers, especially local media. Does anyone think AJ Smith could survive with his dog and pony act in market like New York or Philly?. No, the fans and media would run his *** out of town. The UT guys are candy asses, then we have those two mental giants ex jocks on XX1090 with their high school grab *** bull ****.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. allendas

allendas Bolts 2013!!!

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    True we do have the backs to run ,give Tolbert some $ let V.jax walk bring in some f**kin line help and get a defensive minded coach like Fisher.
  5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +236 / 22 / -3
    I was thinking about how alot of us feel like this. Why havent we started to go ahead and predict the play call on 1st 2nd and 3rd as drives progress?? Could be a very boring game is the answer, as we all KNOW EXACLTY WHAT IS COMING play to play and game to game Our adjustments seem to be a joke lately and im not talkin second half im talkin from one opponent to the next. Youd think we could have sold out on stopping the run and forced the game onto CPs shoulders to win and maybe get him to try to force more throws than Phil.

Next game its ON lets not just post yea 1st down or ooo bad call after every play. Instead lets all play OC and prove how fukin predictable this Offense really is. Those of you who want Norv gone even more than I do, this could prove useful information to PROVE that Norv should be gone 2 years ago.
  6. CJSweeps

CJSweeps BoltTalker

Heart: La Mesa Mind: The bay Body: Lake Elsinore
    Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That last drive was an embarrassment. No sense of urgency getting back to the line. Where is this lackadaisical attitude come from. It starts at the top, and there is no toughness to this team...aside from a heroic effort by Rivers. Anyone who wants to bench that guy is an idiot. As far as this team not being that good. Line them up man for man against the jets, we come out on top in most regards. Definitely more talent over all. We need a new attitude, and thats going to start with a new coach. My opinion...he was already going to get fired, but the lockout saved him. They didn't want to change systems in that short of an offseason. Regardless, look at the turnaround in San Francisco with minimal personnel changes. I was in Norv's corner for a long time, and he has turned our Chargers flaccid. Lets get a coach that expects greatness out of every one, not one who "likes our football team." I swear i had a nickel for ever time he stutteringly dodged a critical question with that line, I'd have an *** load of nickels. So let me ask you this. Do we think, with the toughness of the remaining schedule, are we going to make the playoffs. Realistically, not with the foolish optimism all Charger fans are born with (myself included). I want to say yes, but tough teams bounce back....Are we tough...not if Vincent Jackson's fight for the ball in the end-zone is any indication. On a separate note. Did anyone see 24 in the second half? Bright spot...Special Teams played great. Thanks for letting me vent, and don't think for a second im not bolted up!!!!
  7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +236 / 22 / -3
    That strip attempt is all that made Mike Bush forget about bruising over defenders on his way to the endzone. Had he tryed to tackle him at that speed and angle he would have been shed and you would still hate on Weddle.
  8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Welcome CJ to the forum , and venting after a disaster like this game is understandable. I like your SF example of a change at the top made a big difference on the field. More than food for thought!
  9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +236 / 22 / -3
    Come play Battlefield 3 with us.
  10. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    ???????? Please Layne, drugs are not the answer...be strong. Try whiskey. LOL
  11. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
  12. CJSweeps

CJSweeps BoltTalker

Heart: La Mesa Mind: The bay Body: Lake Elsinore
    Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I almost hope its drugs, and not a reflection of the public school system...
    • Like Like x 3
  13. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I rest this mostly on the players.. partially on the coaching staff.. partially on AJ..

I really don't even know where to start to be honest.. AJ man you really need to step your game up or Spanos will have to fire your *** or something I just don't know!

We bring in Manusky, a guy with a scheme of his own, that can only teach it with about a month or so til the season starts was ridiculous.. of course we don't resign our top tackler.. Burnett and other key players that made our defense last year number 1.. Let up way too many yards today, simple screens weren't picked up.. the secondary was slow.. there was good pressure time to time.. but you look at Oaklands 4 man rush I thought they were blitzing at times but there just that good and make our defense look like ****!

The offense is just boring.. a star was born tonight, Vincent Brown but that was about it.. Nothing generated think we had 4 straight 3 and outs AT HOME.. we got caught chasing the game just like last week..

This is easily the worst team with the most talent.. I think it is time we dropped Norv and the whole staff.. except Bissacia ST coach.. That guy does deserve a promotion and I wouldn't mind if he was our head coach, I mean that seems like a hot trend ST coaches that turn into head coaches seem to have success..
  14. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,137 / 4 / -0
    That's probably what the problem is. Dood needs to shut down the 'puter for the night and go sleep it off. The Bolts are breaking our hearts, but acting like a total douche-bag isn't going to make ANYTHING better.

It would be great to keep this thread on topic and not degenerate into personal attacks and obscene mental pictures about grannies that make even this crusty old R.N. wanna hurl. Just sayin'..
  15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    PR should get a medal, then shove it sharp end first up AJ's *** for trying to get him killed. As for where Rivers' head is, it may be up his ***, but only because an opposing pass-rusher shoved it there.

Anyone still believe that this organization is trying to put a winning product on the field?

They'll kill a majority of fan support by tanking the team, then look around amazed when there's such backlash over their move north. If the FO could build a team as well as they build cover for their true intentions, there could well be a Lombardi or 2 in their case right now.

Ego or intent is the only question to be answered regarding the dismantling of a once-talented team. My take? Ego is there in spades & only adds to the smokescreen of the intent.

Enjoy those PSL's.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 10 / -6
    Goodnight...

[​IMG]
  17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    Didn't see one snap of this game and that might be the best thing that happened to me yesterday. Hell, a broken heart would feel better than reading about the team I love look the fool on the field of play. If you
    re going to lose, at least go down fighting!!!
  18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,292 / 12 / -5
    Rough Night:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/11/elderly-woman-finds-drunk-chargers-fan-on-her-couch/

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    At least it wasnt a raider fan, or she would have found two of them in her bath tub.
  20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    And considering 4 of our starting 5 linemen are over 330lbs, we should be able to run the goddamn ball.
  21. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    PR's spike could also be to prevent one of those "I couldn't hear the whistle" cases where a D-Lineman flattens him on a dead play...just a thought
  22. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    They could have got Bush in Free Agency, this last off season. He resigned with the Raiders, because no one else was really after him.
  23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    IIRC, they put a first round tender on him.
  24. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +236 / 22 / -3
    Actualy for the past 2 or 3 seasons when it comes around to FA Oakland makes the statement that they are willing to trade ANY player for reasonable offers in their benefit.