1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD!!!! BOLTS @ PATS!!!!! Let's do this!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Electric Chair, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    True but Ted also chose not to get pressure. When he did it worked great. Brady cant have all day to throw and we did have good coverage a lot but he needed to mix it in more.

But the run D got soft and that was huge for them.
  2. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    The run D got soft because Big Mal wasn't in there
  3. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Maroney also had some good cutback runs and we weent there to stop him.
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Bullshit. We forced 3 INTs, held Brady to his lowest yardage total of the season and held Moss and Welker to less than 100 yards receiving combined. We made Brady look terrible.
  5. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

But with Mal in there I don't think that would have happened, he requires a double team
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Sorry dude, but I think you've been drinking that Boston water a little to long. Simple question for you. Why would Belicheck, whose a reasonably smart guy, risk this if it did not help them or they didn't get an edge. Just use some common sense here.

The Pats cheated, got caught, and paid the penalty. We don't know how long the Pats had been doing this or exactly how the Pats were using this ill gotten information. Did they do some sort of tendency analysis? That would definitely helped them over the long run.

Truth is we don't know what benefit the Pats gained, but you're awfully naive if you believe they would take that risk for no benefit. Nor do we know how long the Pats have been getting this additional benefit.

Then there was the radio frequency discrepancy. What exactly happened there is still not publicly known. It could be nothing, or it could have been a major advantage. We'll never know, will we? But then once again, why would the Pats risk such a thing?
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    I have to blame this one on our offense. I don't know what to say.
  8. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    He looked ok standing there all day when throwing two TD's. Those arent his worse stats and he threw 3 INT's against us last year and they won.

He was 22-33 for 209, two TD's....i dont call that terrible. We had 2 sacks. He looked ordinary when we got pressure early but we got virtually none in the 2nd half.

Hey we played well but we didnt get enough pressure.

I agree the offense handcuffed us by not getting TD's.
  9. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, maybe not. Im not convinced of that but i agree it didnt help.

We were just a banged up team and did what we could and it just wasnt good enough is all.
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Nice post there until you had to throw out an insult to one of our members. What happens in the smack area, stays in the smack area. Please remember that.

And thank you for congratulating us on our season. I know I'm disappointed, but we weren't 100%. We did well against a great Pats team all things considered. I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll meet in the playoffs.
  11. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Brady had a QB rating of 66. We held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 21 points, and 7 of those points came on a 25 yard drive. There's no way you can question Cottrell's playcalling. If any of us would have said before the game that we'd pick Brady 3 times and hold him to a QBR of 66, we'd be ecstatic. There's absolutely nothing to criticize about our defensive gameplan. We made Brady look bad. We took Moss and Welker out of the game. If you blitz all the time, Brady will burn you. We mixed it up and played very well defensively.
  12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I think the Pats won with the time of possession in the second half. Our defense was carrying us in this game, and they made adjustments in the second half to wear down our D.

I'll say props to the Pats. Their game plan wasn't really working that well, but they made the adjustments at the half that they needed.
  13. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    LT and Gates not being healthy really cost us this game in the red zone. Turner can not run those plays meant for LT, and I don't think that Sproles can break the tackles as well so close to the goal line. If LT was healthy we probably run a more diverse offense inside the ten. That third and one should have been up the gut with Turner. The guy does not run east to west, and we were moving that fat *** wilpig all day long.
  14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    We lost, we move on from here.
  15. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I am just saying we could have got more pressure. I also never said anything about blitzing all the time. I said mix it up and we didnt do that in the 2nd half.

I can question that all i want. It was a good gameplan overall but when we got pressure early, he made bad throws and it would of been nice to get some 3 and outs or 5 and outs *** opposod to long drives like they had in the 2nd half.

Welker had 7 cathes so we didnt take him out of the gameplan. They just threw a lot of short ones to him which they usually do anyways. We just tackled him when he caught it.
  16. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 0 / -0

I agree with you. We did a hell of a job, but there were instances when we could have brought more pressure. Whenever we decided to rush three and drop eight, Brady pretty much picked us apart.
  17. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Go ahead and question the defensive gameplan. It only reveals your ignorance. Welker had 7 catches for 56 yards. That's spectacular, especially when you consider that Moss only had 1 catch. To hold those guys to 80 yards receiving combined is a phenomenal performance.

Anyone that second-guesses our defensive coaches after this performance is foolish.
  18. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I only said it would of been nice to get some more pressure at times.

You know, you are always calling posters names and being the forum hothead. I dont give a rats *** if you agree with me or not.

The game plan was great as i said, it just would of been nice to see more pressure which was working just fine in the first half.

Im not BLAMING anyone....just sayin

I can see why i deserve to be called a douche and ignorant tho :tdown:

Hey BB...FU
  19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    I do like that in this little AFC trifecta of the best teams (Colts, Bolts, Pats) that Brady and Manning each have had consistently bad performances against us. That bodes well

And yeah i agree with thumper, the Pats made adjustments when their air game couldn't win it and just pounded it out. I never understood why Cottrell didn't make adjustments accordingly but que sera.

Re: Welker, this is what Bellichek does that's incredible and that we've done in the past with Gates - move him around a ton to get favorable matchups. My bigger problem with Welker was simply that no one covered him tight and no one was glued to him. I'd've put Hart on him non-stop.
  20. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    FU, too. We just lost a gut-wrenching game. Our D played great and you have to come in whining about Cotrell's playcalling. I totally disagree with your assessment. That's all I was trying to say. Sorry if I offended you. I just happen to think that you are monumentally wrong on this one. You don't have to get all butthurt over it.
  21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    If the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a ****, we would've won the game.
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    The vBookie's a rich mofo
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    :lol:
  24. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I wasnt whining, i was just saying would of been nice to se pressure sometimes and you know, you always come at posters with your name calling and ive seen it time and time again at Charger boards so it isnt that im butthurt TODAY.

You still never appologized to the poster that broke the Foley shooting and you raked him over the coals in a dispicable display.

You could of "just said" while not calling me a douche but i guess thats too hard for you.
  25. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how the moneyline works...did those who bet it , win?
  26. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    I think that our “D” played well. Unfortunately the Pats “D” played better; especially in the red zone. Whether our key players are hurt or not, we have to convert at least a couple of those chances into TDs. We have a lot of depth on our team, so injured players is not a good excuse for not getting in the end zone.
  27. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

No the moneyline is a win bet no odds.
  28. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

But where just not talking about players we are talking about guys that make the offense go.
  29. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0

Thought so, man i lost a lot of dough :icon_sad:
  30. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    The vBookie is always a rich mofo. He prints all the Bolt Cash.

I'm sure there will be some upcoming contest or some other opportunities to earn extra Bolt Cash to make up for some of what was lost on this game.

I know I lost almost 5 million in Bolt Cash.