1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OK since norv is here

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Jan 3, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    let me know how the team does next year, i refuse to watch a team who is content with being 500. I want a gm and head coach who want to win, not draft crappy players, let our talent decline,have horrible play calling,WE shouldnt have won the final game. i hate the owners so much right now
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Wasn't one of those crappy players he drafted your boy Mathews? ;)
  3. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    i never liked mathew, i wanted Ben tate in that draft. Once i found out he was fumbler i never wanted him lol
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I'm pretty sure both you & matilack rode his jock hard & crowed about getting the pick right.

You should be pumping your guys up to slaughter WVU & those couch-burning redneck fans tomorrow night. :tup:
  5. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Mathews never played for clemson, and nah i never rode his jock, i never wanted him, but i did say he'd be a good fit.
  6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I'm confused by the question.
    Are you implying that any team that ends up 8-8 is 'content' to be 8-8?
    If the Chargers do go 8-8 next year, does that mean you're done?
    Though I'm pretty sure "we" didn't win the final game (I think the Chargers did)
    I'd still want to hear why you think that a team that dominates
    another team should not win. Is it 'Backwards Day' already?

I'm not saying that your post isn't among the most erudite, astute
    gems I've encountered this month, but it deserves more fleshing out...
  7. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Ok no not any team would want to be happy with 8-8 but the Chargers sure seem to be, Second time in 4 years we've been 8-8
    And no im not done im going to support the Chargers but having a ridiculous Coaching Staff is a Joke. The Definition of insanity is " doing the same thing over and expecting s different result" so keeping Norv would be pointless, and is a spit in the face to every Charger fan
    And i think We should have tanked the Last game, Wow we beat the raiders when they ddint have mcFadden, but the beginning of the season they beat us, The Raiders played against us like they didnt want to win, we played to Lose 4-5 draft posistions, and only to keep a GM and a HC that cant put together a Consistent winning team
  8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 19 / -5
    No worries according to some we'll win a SB and draft HOFers in the draft while Rivers and co break all records. Norv and AJ are the best and have no faluts whatsoever......./sarcasm
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Please direct me to these "some" that are saying definitively that we'll win the SB and draft HOF'ers since you're so confident there are these people and this is what they're saying.

Though, you're also inferring that we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of doing any of that. Which, to be perfectly blunt, you have no way of actually know - despite the fact that you think you do. You must eating a ton because you seem to be plenty full enough to show up and **** negativity in absolutes on every thread that's started today.
  10. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 19 / -5
    How many teams led by Norv have gone to the SB? Not gonna even say win it. That's waayy to much for this franchise.
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,281 / 12 / -5
    Hey, there's a first time for everything. [​IMG]
  12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Quit changing the question. The number of teams Norv has coached that have gone to superbowls has little to do with whether THIS team coached by Norv Turner "can" go to a Super Bowl. I could give two shiny brown turds about the Skins and Raiders teams he coached and what they did in the past. The past is the past. It doesn't predetermine every aspecto f he future.

You said "people are saying that Norv and co are definitively going to lead us to a Super Bowl" and that AJ is definitively "GOING to draft several future HOFers". You can't, no matter how much you want to, definitively prove that there is no chance that either of happens, just as whoever these people you're saying are saying this can't definitively prove that it will. Stop insisting on dealing in absolutes.

Some of us are trying to make the best we can of a bad situation. You on the other hand seem to feel the need to crap on everyone for trying to be positive whatsoever because you're angry and feel disrespected. You knwo what they say about misery loving company.
  13. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 19 / -5
    Is that it? You don't like my absolutes? How about this then Norv and AJ will not lead us anywhere and I'm 99.9 sure about that. Good?

I could careless if people think this team is gonna do better next year but I will call them out on b.s about Norv and AJ.
  14. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Cool. You're petty and gain some sort of validation from rubbing it in people's faces that they tried to remain positive in the face of adversity rather than turning into a total curmudgeon like you. No wonder you're so miserable all the time.

It's no wonder our society is as screwed up as it is. We've got people out there like you that find it offensive or somehow wrong that people cling to hope no matter slight it might be rather than just wallow in misery because things aren't going their way. If more people thought like you, then the suicide rate among those people that are out there trying to find jobs or applying for positions with 1 opening and 200-300 applicants for that one position on average would be out of control. Seriously... **** hope, right?
  15. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 19 / -5
    Wrong. Telling it like it easy. I'll say I'm wrong if someone calls me out on it seems some here aren't willing to.
  16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    fix the damn defense and the damn offensive line
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Again, you use this "some" reference. Do you actually have specific people that constitute these "some" or are you once again making assumptions that surely because people don't think exactly the same way you do they must be thinking the exact opposite. There is no gray area, hmm?
  18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,281 / 12 / -5
    Word.

You don't win the battle up front, you don't win.
  19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Who said he played for Clemson? I'm just telling you to go put the smackdown on WVU.

And you DID hump Mathews leg right along with mattie-pie.
  20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    Why dont you quit calling people out about anything, especially since you have a very tough time keeping up in the row once you do call them out. ;)
  21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,553 / 44 / -6
    The next couple months will reveal what if anything has been learned from the 2011 season. Vet's as well as newbies will have access to charger facilities and coaches, which was not permitted last year. Management and coaching changes from within may show a move to a new attitude within the club, AJ was trying to be a little different in his presser yesterday.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the Bolt's right here, right now, to smoke the AFCW in high fashion. The young defensive front was getting push and penetration into the backfield, they just couldn't play off of their blocker's. If nothing else, it was a great learning year for the young'uns. They have been through the fire and have been tempered, a little buffing and polish and they should start to shine like fine fitting pieces of that new Swiss watch.

I think, I should just stick to my one liners. The Bolt's will be better next year, just you wait and see.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Man I wish I was as positive as you, and I hope you are 100% correct.
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I'm with you, HB.

Whiners - please bookmark.
  24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    Where is that feature again... Wait... Did I just let you call me a whiner.... Ohhh is my face red... :oops:

:laugh:
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Only if the shoe fits. ;)
  26. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Just out of curiosity--because I totally appreciate the nobility of your outrage and utter disgust--
    are you familiar with any other 5 year block of Charger history in which the worst season was 8-8?
  27. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    yes i am, we have done terrible with other coaches to. I just want to see a Change i want to see a Drive for this team to win, not just making the playoffs, Playoffs shouldnt be good enough, Playoffs shouldnt keep you job, and breaking even or winning the last game shouldnt win you your job back
  28. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I was pretty sure you'd know. :) But you forgot to tell me!
    When was that 5 year block of Charger history in which the worst season was 8-8?
  29. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    years we were 8-8 or worse
    1962,1966,1969,1970-75,1996-2003,2009,2011
  30. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,104 / 34 / -21

I'm not sure why history is relevant to the Norv conversation anyway. This is a different Charger team with much higher expectations thanks to the fact that we are in a rare era where we have an elite QB surrounded by pro bowl talent, and at least decent talent on defense.

We are/were in a window that we haven't been in since the Dan Fouts era were we should be regular contenders for the Super Bowl, and instead we're pissing it away with horrible staffing decisions.

So the Chargers record in 1969 could not be more irrelevant.
    • Like Like x 1