1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ok, who do we draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thumper, Jan 17, 2007.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Personally I see just a few positions that i'd like to see get upgraded. Inside LInebacker. saftey, and right tackle. Maybe an outside linebacker as well.

Not sure what to do about a wr. I am so against using an early pick on one. They are so iffy. If possible get one in free agency. Or get one with one of the 3rd round picks and develop him.
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Nose tackle, right tackle, right guard, defensive end, ILB, SS, WR/KR.
  3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    1 - WR (Sidney Rice)
    2 - WR (Johnnie Lee Higgins)
    3 - Best OT/SS available
    3 - Best OT/SS available
  4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Who do we draft?

We are set in the 29th slot now, by the time it gets to us, hell the best athlete available.
  5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Who do we draft?

LOL .. thanks .. I was redirected by trumpy to a different thread.. :icon_eek:
  6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Who do we draft?

I just did not want you to miss out on what that section had to offer. There are some good posts over there and threads.

Don't mis interpret my intent. I am not one for any protocol so here is just as good.

I want to see a Nose tackle, right tackle, right guard, defensive end, ILB, SS and WR/KR....

I want fat boys who can run like a six million dollar sasquatch.....

Give me a McNeill at right tackle and now we are getting somewhere. Give me another Dielman at right guard and I get wood.

Give me someone to back up Jamal that is worth a fuc otherwise the 3-4 defense is for ****.

Donnie and Godfrey may be gone so we need to think ILB.

Our SS may be in the federal penitentiary so SS is a need plus he sucked *** in pass coverage.

WR/KR is a must as well but I prefer a free agent here.

Running back is an area nobody seems to mention because after 2007, Turner gives us the finger.

Unless we franchise tag Turner and that **** ain't happening unless LT is crippled.

That is my Christmas wish list for 2007.
  7. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    Hydroponics? :nana_rasta:
  8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Who do we draft?

I didn't misinterpret .. It was my bad .. totally overlooked this thread. :icon_shrug:

Sorry about that .. :icon_toast:
  9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Turner is worth alot more than people think. This guy is young, proven. He has speed. He can grind out yardage. He can break tackles. He is worth atleast a 1st round pick. Not necessarily top 10 material, but somewhere between 15-20th. That could land a nice hard hitting safety we lack. Take our overall 1st rounder and grab the best avail....LB, WR, OL. Look deep into FA without spending too much...like Washington did last two years. This offseason could be a big key to our success in 07. Im am definitely glued to the tv around april when the hype is up for the draft.
  10. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Turner is worth alot more than people think. This guy is young, proven. He has speed. He can grind out yardage. He can break tackles. He is worth atleast a 1st round pick. Not necessarily top 10 material, but somewhere between 15-20th. That could land a nice hard hitting safety we lack. Take our overall 1st rounder and grab the best avail....LB, WR, OL. Look deep into FA without spending too much...like Washington did last two years. This offseason could be a big key to our success in 07. Im am definitely glued to the tv around april when the hype is up for the draft.
  11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    1k X 2 switchables with CO2 .... I need CLONES !!!!
  12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    Who do we draft?

We're #30

I'm kinda intrigued by Higgins the WR but last I heard he's a second rounder, we'll see how it shapes out

I also am interested by Doug Free, think he'd be a good RT?
  13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Zibikowski - safety from ND
    :yes:

Dude is always around the ball... and he hits too. Check it out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. RipTheJacker

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Besides just being a good SS, hes a very good kick returner too
  15. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0

He is super but he won't grab a 1# why would you pay that for a player who you can wait one season on and get him for nothing????

It always takes two to make a trade. The only RB who landed a 1st was a kid who was a two time pro bowl player and who had lead his team ( Pats) as the primary back to the Super Bowl I can't think of his name but Parcells was the coach for the Pats and he became the coach of the Jets and made the deal.

Turner is a back up kid that has tons of potential he is not a starter and he is not a pro bowl player. The Chargers will offer him a high tender to insure no one steals him and then we will get a 2nd or we will bundle him with other picks to move up other wise we will keep him and we will get a 3rd after he signs with another team after next season.
  16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree with that logic. The reason is; because then you actually do get him, rather than taking the risk that you won't get him on the open market. I agree with the rest though.

17. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    That's my boy. Unfortunately and fortunately (I'm and ND fan), he's coming back to ND for a 5th year. He's filed the paperwork according to reports.
  18. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 0 / -0

RIP - I like Rice as well. :tup:
  19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    THAT BASTARD!!! Call him and tell him we need him to kick Hart and McCree's asses!!!

Look at him punchin' that dude in the chest. NICE. :yes:
  20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,532 / 7 / -2
    That his is.
  21. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I think that a lot of fans tend to think about trades from just one side of the equation and I do think "the get him now" and not get in a bidding war works with a second round pick I don't see it working with a 1st simply due to the money 1st round trade means, 1st round contract and 2nd round trade means 2nd round contract.

Turner has also played for a few years and that effects his value.

Teams value 1st round picks very highly from a marketing stand point as well with perhaps the Deadskins being the lone exception.
  22. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Kid has fought in a ton of fights and only lost one bout I believe. He loves boxing and figures he has an advantage over his opponents, because he has a thick fat head. Kid can take punishment as well as dish it out. It's about time we got a guy with a mean streak in the defensive backfield...ala the Rodney days.
  23. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Yea, Marcus McNiel does come to mind huh.
  24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    What the hell does he want to go back to ND for? Does he have some kinda' sick burning desire to be on the receiving end of another Bowl Game Butt Whoopin'? Fat head... hehehe... :lol:
  25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

8er,

I love that av..

I remeber seeing Rolf at that restaurant on the other side of Montgomey Field. WTF is the name of that place?? It's got all kinds of plane shiit inside of it. great food in the day

anyways, you could hardly recognize him.

I forgot what he had but it kicked his azz.

anyways I remember Louie tried to carry him on the field that day
  26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    That is the "94th Aero Squadron". I was down in SD this past summer and had a family brunch there. It was a kick-*** brunch. :tup:
  27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    YEAH THAT'S IT!!!

Fugging awesome place.

always had good eats!

GAWD DAMMIT I MISS THE MOTHERLAND!!!!

:icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:
    • Like Like x 1
  28. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Tommy Z isnt a perfect fit in our system... we need a SS/FS who are both decent at pass coverage.

Anyone worried about leadership on our D??? hate to see Donnie and Godfrey leave in the same season. I dont like Merriman as the face of our D.

Charger Needs as I see it
    1. Safety - huge need
    2. ILB - must be good in pass coverage
    3. NT
    4. RT
    5. WR - pure speed guy, pure burner. doesnt matter if he is raw.

I hope D-Flo sticks around... AJ has the ammo to get people in Free Agency, will he use it is another question
  29. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 27 / -1
    1st two rounds on WRs?

Are there not any good safeties worth drafting till the third round?

Not trying to imply we don't need WRs, though.
  30. RipTheJacker

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Well see im of the minority that thinks that WR is BYFAR the weakest position on the team and dont think we even have a good #3 on the roster let alone a good #2 (jackson as the #1) and that we really need to redo our entire core outside jackson

To me Rice is the sleeper WR of this years group and could very easily be the 2nd best WR from this draft (behind Calvin Johnson) and would be a perfect compliment to jackson.
    Johnnie Lee Higgins is the perfect slot guy and would be the fastest player on our team and would finally give us a deep speed threat

Both those could easily start over who we currently have

But i think S is a HUGE need and needs to be upgraded (kiel sucks! and Hart/Jue are no better) but the thing is, i dont see any of the big 3 S (Landry, Nelson, Griffin) being available at 30 and after that there is a big drop off and the next couple of S will probably be selected before 62 and i wouldnt want to reach for a S when we can get good value at WR

If we can land Wendling in the 3rd, it would be HUGE steal. He is a guy who could start from day and actually make a difference . Physically he has everything you look for and I think all his flaws are mental and will be corrected in time.