1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Our Free Agents

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by josh tyler, Feb 14, 2013.

1. josh tyler

josh tyler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This year our free agents will stay or go. While this year free agents do not have many big names like Vincent Jackson all of them could contribute to the team. The 5 most important free agents the Chargers have are Alexander, Vasquez, Cason, Jammer, Philips. The Chargers what I have heard have around 6-9 mil in cap. But that could be doubled with some key cuts like Gaither, McMicheal, and McClain. I think the number one free agent we must keep is Vasquez. The worst thing we could do is lose one of our top 2 lineman when the other three would not be able to start on other teams. Vasquez needs to be their to help Rivers. Alexander is quite a talent. I am a huge fan of him. But all we have to do is just put a tag on him for a first round tender and he will be a lock to come back to the Chargers next season. I say we keep Cason as well. I think he shows at times he is a great corner. But there times were I feel he plays like he does not give a crap. The only reason I say keep him is because we need to focus on the o line and it would be a nightmare to have Ghilchrist and Wright open up OTA's as the top 2 corners. As much as I love Philips, I believe it is his time to go. We have younger talents like Ingram and we have Johnson on the other side. We have much bigger needs than the re sign Philips.

P.S. First time take it easy on me

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,882 / 48 / -26
    The real question, is are we changing from a power blocking scheme to a zone blocking scheme? If we are, then you have to ask if Vasquez is really a good fit for ZBS. If he isn't, then there's no reason to pay top dollar to keep him around.

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3