1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Padres reinforce what it means to be a San Diego sports fan.

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by matilack, Oct 1, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Give me a break, 1963?
    I guess it counts, How bout something that didnt happen the year Kennedy was shot?
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

ok, you win, your right

now go away
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    I'm sorry I brought everyone further down.
    I was actually hoping you guys could prove me wrong.
  4. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

yeah right

:tdown:
  5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6

You asked, I responded, now you can’t accept it.

You should have said something like

“Show me something since I was born”

Well nothing has happened in the last 18 months!

Just like 95 % of the Raider Nation!
  7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    The Padres have made the World Series twice in the past 25 years.

The Cubs haven't made the World Series since before the Great Depression.

The Padres have lost both their World Series appearances. The Cubs have made it to the World Series a total 10 times, and lost their last 7 appearances. They haven't won it since the Model T Ford was introduced.

Yet Cubs fans seem to be still following their team year after year, no matter what.
  8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    Shameless Jabba the Coordinator post:

[​IMG]
  9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21

First of all, when we're being compared to the history of the Cubs thats not a good thing at all.

Second of all, I do fallow the Chargers and Pads' year after year after year, its not like I'm about to give up. I was just restating my dissapointment and frustration with our gloryless franchises.
  10. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

well, if you measure glory by championships won then your right

but, San Diego is not alone.

There are a **** load of franchises out there without championship rings
  11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Nevertheless, I think nearly every sports fan would at least be willing to accept a loss in the World Series or other championship game, as long as it means their club gets that far in their lifetimes.

Some people wait their entire lives and never see even that.
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Sure, with the losers mentality.:tdown:

I'm sorry I have such high standards, but thats what makes teams like the Landry Cowboys, the Walsh 49r's, and the Lombardi Packers. Just getting there isnt enough.

Sorry if that sounds too cliche'.
  13. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

now your changing the topic of the thread

edit: wait a minute this thread never had a topic

:tdown:
  14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Topic: Dissapointment.
    Work from there.
  15. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    got it

:lol:
  16. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +36 / 0 / -0

Don't flatter yourself homeboy, you aren't bringing anyone down, the only thing going down is respect for your opinion by the second.

I was able to lift your skirt and show your biatchness no problem, you back-pedaled because it hit a soft spot in that fairweather uterus of yours, you wanna fill your snatch with a trophy? Hop over to the colts bandwagon, visit their HQ and have them pencil you in for a lombardi trophy colon plug, you empty-bagged, dis-illusioned nothing.

You want to stop breaking remotes, keep them in you arse, with your childhood memories of your uncle's knuckle-deep massages... it's alright homie Dago will get you that championship to fill that void...

Till then, quit your crying.
  17. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    :icon_eek:

Deeeamn! Mondo just put an *** whoopin on Meltdown...
  18. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure of anyone's posting history here being a newcomer, but some of the replies here are just...strange.

Someone posts about being disappointed and is attacked for it? How does that make him lesser of a fan? I have been following the Pads and Chargers since I was a kind in the early 70's and couldn't fathom ever rooting for any other team. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about the lack of success these teams have had.
  19. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    Are you ever saying that all San Diego sports history is a joke the way Meltdown is?

There is being unhappy, and there is being stupid. IMO Meltdown has entered the latter arena...
  20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Conc, please refrain from misquoting me. I never said SD sports was a joke.
    I said I have been dissapointed.
  21. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    That is not misquoting. It is called paraphrasing. If you don't like it, stop saying it.
  22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21

I got a couple points for you, make sure you read them all you might learn somthing.

1. To start with, I had people giving up, your flat out retarded if you think I dont have a point.

2. Theres nothing wrong with wanting your team to win a Super Bowl, obviously you disagree. Charger fans like you are why we get such a bad wrap, your just another half *** quitter who is satisfied by mearly taking home the consolation prize.
    Me on the other hand, I expect more from my Chargers and Padres.

3. There is always time for a moment of reflection, and when I look back I see a lot of good times, and a lot more dissapointment. So until one of our "proud" franchises throws me and the other faithfull San Diego sports fans a bone I reserve the right to biitch and complain as much as I goddamn want too.

Anymore questions from the Jim Rome wannabe?
  23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Fine, please use the entire quote where I called SD sports a joke.
    If you can......
  24. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ouch, Jeesh tone it down will ya?!? why so harsh, you didn't have to go and be say that, jeesh I was being respectful and considerate but if your gonna be like that, now I'm going to have to strangle a hooker to get my self esteem back where it needs to be... .:unsure:

And of course you have a point we all want a championship and we all have our ways of dealing with the fact that it isn't happening this season for the padres or bolts. My way of dealing with it just happens to be giving you a good ol' verbal fisting, but hey we can all rest assured that it could be worst, we could be low-rent raiders fans... or even worst low T-cell niner fans, so at least we are backing Cali's finest!:bolt:

:icon_toast:
  25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21

You see that Concudan.
    Thats whats called admitting when your wrong, Mondo is obviously a better man that you.

MONDO :icon_toast: TO A SD SUPERBOWL AND WORLDSERIES!!!!
  26. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    Yup, back to being stupid again... Do you know what paraphrasing is? Go Google it, you might learn something tonight. Doubtful but you might.

When you post crap like this, you are saying that San Diego sports history is a joke. That has been the tone of every post you make in here. We are supposed to think you are some tough nut fan because you are all broken up we don't have a ring.

If that is all you need, please go find a team that fulfills your need. Since, you feel it is a 'loser mentality' to find pride in the accomplishments of our 'ringless' teams of the past.

Your message is one of futility. Fans support San Diego teams in a futile manner, because they will never be good enough for tough nut Matilack! He will show them, he will post about how loyal a fan he is by saying that there is nothing in all of San Diego's sports history that isn't a disappointment.

Well JR. thats your prerogative. It is our prerogative to call a spade a spade. You sir are the spade. A spineless whiner who is insulting everything that we fans cheer for. You want a pat on the back for that? No, you can go pound sand.

So now you want to do your to step and get all bent at those who call you out for the bull **** you post. That is your bad, you made the bed, now lie in it.
  27. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    The only one that is wrong is you. You have a problem with that, too damn bad Meltdown...

Do you seriously want me to believe that you start a thread "Padres reinforce what it means to be a San Diego sports fan." the day they lose a big game, when you want to say "Rah-rah go team go!"? You seriously want people to believe that. You are either incredibly young, or incredibly stupid. Which one is it Meltdown?
  28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Conc calm youself for a second.....................

Ok now, your stuffing A LOT of words I never said in my mouth, If thats what you've gotten from my posts then maybe its time you get tested for dislexia.

Please read only the words I put in writing because you are WAY off on my point.
  29. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    Perhaps you should have yourself checked. You have argued that all of San Diego Sports history has been futile, because you haven't gotten your ring.

LT's record breaking season. Discounted and thrown away by you because "=no ring!" Remember saying that? Or do you have a short term memory retention problem.

Why not review the bull **** you post instead of trying to make yourself out to be the victim because people don't like the crap your selling?
  30. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Sorry spade, but Im with conc, this **** storm hit you for running your mouth about my beloved Dago squads in the first place, we got heart and talent, not much else yet and i'll take that anyday!

I like conc and everyone else on these boards, wants a championship, I just disagree with your glass is half empty outlook on it.

**** it lets all get :icon_party: and live vicariously through madden football lol I can go 16-0 there no problem bite my lip; close my eyes and let that be my bolts paradise....