1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Painful....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 7, 2012.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 0 / -0
    Watching this league, this team, these officials is so damn painful. It seems to be the same old song and dance with this team. Foot on the gas for 2 1/2 quarters the we just collapse do to horrible play calling, lackluster effort on the field, bad coaching, and SERIOUS help from officiating.

I'm not one to blame much on officiating ever, but this crew seemed to be trying everything they could to make sure this game went a certain way. Unbelieveable. I feel bad for my neighbors, as I have been screaming, yelling, tossing sh!t like a little kid for the past hour...lol.

Crazy night.
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    That's why we lost. The Ingram roughing the passer was BS. Should have been the nail in the coffin. Plus all the obvious non-PI calls on the Saints. Game was completely orchestrated for a Saints win.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +425 / 2 / -1
    NFL wanted the Saints to get the record and win, so much less spectacular if he throws a td in a loss than in a come from behind win. This keeps up, the NFL will look more and more like the WWE. They'll have to call it entertainment and not a sport.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +382 / 4 / -0
    The refs did not want to work O.T. for some reason. Weird.
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    There were some hugely BS calls against the Chargers, it clearly looked like the refs wanted NO to win, simple as that.

But having said that, the team basically caved from there. There could've stepped up from there and played well. Instead they folded like a house of cards. THAT is on them
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +93 / 2 / -0
    Rigged that's what happened
  7. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    I myself like to think there's more integrity than to actually rig a game, but every so often there's a game like tonight where calls are so horrible that I wonder. It seems painfully obvious to me that this game had biased calls.
  8. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +93 / 2 / -0
    There was zero integrity in that game those refs were awful and biased
  9. Brundlefly

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    I'm talking the league in general. I like to hope that everyone is impartial and having things rigged AKA persuaded in a certain direction, doesn't exist. That game didn't look that way.
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 42 / -6
    I'm tired of the bolt's always being on the ****** end of the stick in these kinds of games.
  11. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    BRING BACK THE REPLACEMENTS!!!

STUPID F'N C##KSUCKERS!!! :mad:
  12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +751 / 5 / -0
    This game was messed up...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +93 / 2 / -0
    Regular refs replacement refs there are things happening behind the scenes that influence these games. That SNF game tonight was predetermined from the beginning. The Saints could only stop us by holding us and he refs allowing the saints to do that. Seeing Sean Payton on the broadcast was NBC flipping Roger Goodell off
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    They have real jobs to report to on Monday...they need their rest!
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Losing like this... makes me so much angrier than if we just lost b/c we played poorly. That sucks but at least it's a fair outcome. Having a game tipped so much in favor of one time over another is straight up bullshit.

Some will cite play calling, and yes there will always be questionable decisions. However, tonight there were plenty of calls that would have worked and even been TD's had the ref's not allowed the Saints to hold/dpi/etc... if you're going to call ticky-tack penalties, fine, just hold everyone on both teams to the same standards. How many times can you expect a team to overcome bullshit officiating in one game before they run out of gas?
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    Well said, Sydalish.:tup:
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    First, that was for sure a penalty on Ingram under current rules. He hit Brees' chin with the top of his helmet, and he didn't need to. Chalk it up as a rookie mistake.
    But the one-sided penalty calls and non-calls on PI were bizarre. As was the out of bounds stuff on the final drive.
    That said, Anteater nailed it. The Charger are more at fault than anyone. Up by 10 and they let it slip.
  18. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    The problem is that I don't know how Ingram can possibly have made that mistake. Just grab the QB by his thighs or waist and, if you aren't late on the hit, you can't possibly be called.
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Cause he's an amped up 20 year old not used to getting called for that shite. Simply, the kid needs to mature. More experience, more maturity. There'll be some growing pains, but at least he gets to the QB. Different yet related thing: throwing English in there when Phillips went down rather than Barnes was a true mind boggling move. Saints did well on that drive.
  20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Funny thing is, there's little conversation going on relative to reffing. Nothing at ESPN, UT barely mentions it, I think most people realize it was the Chargers that collapsed. They were still up 24-14 after the Ingram call, but the entire team took a nosedive. The calls on that last drive were wild. But the Chargers put themselves in that position.
  21. Brundlefly

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    I don't really think anyone is arguing otherwise, but those calls made it a much more difficult situation than it should have been.
  22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    There was a big letdown when the Ingram call was made & the pick 6 negated. No question there. The defense lost a lot of steam on that drive.

Still .... we were driving those last 2 mins. & I believe would have scored if not for some truly BS calls at the end. This narrative was written in advance, the NFL got what they wanted from the day, & we as fans not only of the Chargers but of football in general witnessed once again the rotten ******* POS that is Roger Goodell.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 42 / -6
    Once again a sing play starts the snowball rolling. Tings hit would not have been called on 98% of the QB's in the league as they are over six feet tall. Like Ryginas fumble in the Falcons game the Bolt's just let it affect them and the outcome of this game. It was a horrible call on Ting and if he hit Brees any lower they'd have said he went for his knees, it was a no win situation there.
  24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +751 / 5 / -0
    The kid should have learned this lesson from back in the preseason when he did the same thing and cost his team a big penalty. Granted, Breesy, Mannings, and certain other QB's are the league's golden boys and the refs look upon anything close to a head shot or a tackler going helmet first as an attempt to damage an NFL asset, and those flags will fly. After that, the refs only see what they want to see, or in our case, what they don't want to see...
  25. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    I agree but here's the thing. I like watching football, especially the Chargers. I like to watch the Chargers whether they win or lose. If I didn't then I wouldn't have been watching since 1978. I like watching because it's *fun* to see two teams fight it out against each other not knowing whether, on that given Sunday, your team will be the better one. When the Chargers are the better team, I'm elated. When they aren't, I'm pretty bummed out... but I still had fun watching the game... the whole game.

Yesterday, after the Floyd non-call I switched over to the Orioles Yankees game NOT because the Chargers weren't winning, NOT because the Chargers let the Saints score on them, NOT because it was unlikely that that Chargers were going to orchestrate a comeback but because the game was no longer fun to watch. That's it. It was no... longer... fun... to watch.

It became something more than just two teams playing against each other. It became about the Saints, the Chargers, the NFL, the Network broadcasting it, and the Refs. And that's no fun.
  26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    The Saints had one of the worst defense's in the league and we could not move the ball on them. We should have never been in that position to begin with. Why is it when the other starts to make adjustments to stop us, we do not have answer to counter them?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    Since there are no longer "replacement refs" all officiating is accepted...the media helped the union refs get their jobs back by amplifying any minor error a replacement ref made, whereas the union refs make just as many bad calls every weekend too, but for some reason the media accepts their bad calls on Monday because they are the "regular" refs.

The Chargers had plenty of opportunities to win this game despite the bad calls and didn't do it. I recall the playoff game against Indy when the Chargers were seemingly the victim of numerous bad calls but prevailed because they were still the better team on the field. That was not the case last night.
  28. Joy Division

Ratings Received:
    +382 / 4 / -0
    The Saints worst defense was bolstered by the Zebras on that last drive. The Chargers were straight driving that ball for a score to tie the game but we all saw how incredible a defense can get when you've now got 18 guys defending instead of 11.
    It's over now, but a conspiracy theorist might say, "The deal to get the regular refs back came with some concessions on both sides for sure. The refs got what they wanted and the NFL made sure that the refs would
    give them (the NFL) what they wanted in return."
    Wonder if we'll see more of the bias when we play P Manning next Monday night...
  29. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    we were up by 10 points, why did we stop moving the ball?
  30. Joy Division

Ratings Received:
    +382 / 4 / -0
    1. Because at almost 8 yards a carry, Norv decided that sitting Mathews would be a genius move.
    2. Why are you asking me? I already explained why it was difficult to move the ball on the last drive,
    that was "kind of" a crucial drive, yes?