1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pass Defense

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by daniel5678, Oct 29, 2005.

1. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's hard for me to see the games here in Japan but how did the DBs look? I felt they had been getting poor coaching back there. Brian Stewart hasn't had much experience and with them being so young, I wasn't seeing much improvement. No matter how much they might improve this year, I'd like to see a veteran coach brought in.

Any more talk about moving Jammer to safety? His talent is unquestionable, his instincts are. When it's time for a new contract with him, they will probably let him walk.
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    The secondary is starting to come together. Last week, they kept the best pass offense in check and pretty much shut down Terell Owens.

Jue is the MVP in our secondary right now. It took him a couple of games, but he is now getting used to the defensive scheme and is making hard hits and leading the team in ints.

Jamar Fletcher has made the most of his opportunity to play and should get then nod opposite Jammer until he falters. Florence is banged up was playing better than Jammer. Sammy Davis just sucks and is constantly regressing.

Jammer even without any picks so far, has been solid the last couple of games. He hasn't been penalized with PI calls like he normally does. Jammer needs to improve on playing the ball instead of the receiver, and is better suited to be a safety.

But I am not sure if we will move him there next year because both Keil and Jue are playing well at FS and SS. I honestly think that we'll keep him at CB for one more season.
  3. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The DB's are looking better, but they need to force more turnovers. I'd like to see Jue knock Gonzales silly tomorrow. :fumble: