1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pats have worst fans in the NFL.

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BayAreaCharger, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayAreaCharger

BayAreaCharger New Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, every game Belicheat is involved with gets an asterick. :icon_eek:

2. EastCoast

EastCoast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep - EastCoast - as in 33 miles South of The Razor.

I not got credability ? I see little credible discussion over here. I see some Bolt fans that can see the forest through the trees but I see a lot of Bolt fans that really do not understand why the Pats have gone from one of the worst franchises in the league to what could be the best TEAM to play in the NFL.

Granted, this is "Smack Talk" but I have a suggestion for you.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, calm your soul, and once you feel you can be unbiased, really look at why the Pats have been so successful in this decade. If your linens are all wadded up in a bunch, I'll lay a couple out for you - I'd do more but I got to go to work:

The play as a a TEAM. Everyone plays as a TEAM. The locker room has many LEADERS

They don't talk smack. No BB material. Every opponent they play is the best opponent in the league. The opposing players are the best in the league, with great coaches. No Smack, none, it's all on the field.

One game at a time. There is no looking ahead with this team, just the next game on the schedule. Last year some of your players were talking about the Superbowl BEFORE the Pats game. Not how it works in NE.

Best Coach :tup:- yup, we have the Best X&O guy out there. All business. He has personality, he just doesn't let it get in the way of FOOTBALL

Most depth.

Damn - need to go to work.

3. BayAreaCharger

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    OK, Biased, you know you just repeated a Sports Center segment almost verbatum. How fun it will be to know your heart has been torn out Sunday afternoon. But no worries, after you're done sucking off all the other bandwagon Pats fans out there, you can become a Packers fan. Now they have a shot of making it to the Super Bowl.

And you must have shucked to many clams if you think anyone knows or cares what "The Razor" is.

Now get off to work before you get pwned again loser.

4. EastCoast

EastCoast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "pwned", you reach puberty yet?

I don't watch Sports Center. I have more important things to do in life than listen to people talking crap for ratings. I'm a student of life & history. I look at the whole, the Zen, and all that crap. And from time to time I listen to cretins that can't open their eyes as they "pwn" people :icon_rofl:

And the Clams are sweet - called Littleknecks, as in "The Pat's Snapped the Bolt's Little Necks", "PWNED", LOL, ROTFLMAO, TFF, :icon_toast: (Really going to work now)

5. BayAreaCharger

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    You are soooo Zen. :icon_rofl:

Just like Tom Brady. Everything Zen for QB Brady. For someone that claims to not be affected by the biased east coast media, that zen comment was a nice tie in to a recent Brady article.

That's some man crush you have on Brady. Yes, brady is all zen and you're all zen. Does that make you feel closer to him?

You talk tough about snapping necks, but I know you're type. All tough behind a keyboard, but you'd probably wet yourself in person. Well unless the person was Brady.

You're typical a typical bandwagoner. Don't worry, that crush will go away when you realize Tom isn't so terrific.

One more thing, you just got pwned again by this cretin

6. Ellis Hobbs

Ellis Hobbs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dayammm.....

EastCoast, you just got pwned.

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I'll give you all of that save one thing, let's not pretend like they are saints who never talk ****. Perhaps not pre-game, but we all remember them mocking Merriman at midfield, and guys walking past our locker room yelling lights out and other stuff. They just seem to be more rub it in your face guys, than **** talk ahead of time guys.

Great team, no doubt. Poster boys for class and sportsmanship, not so much.

8. BassDawg

BassDawg BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You gotta be sheeeeetin' me!!!

How's my mood?

Why is it that YOU fruits and nuts that comprise SoCal are so concerned for my mood?

Shouldn't you be more concerned for LaDaintia's knees and yer loud-mouthed, classless QB's legs?

So, what will it be from this li'l page next week.......................?

"Oh, those BIG, BAD, MEAN, and insensitive Pats fans caused our team to lose! I guess LT really does stand for Lilly Tuff.", cries Savage Lizard.

OR

From the fuming and still unfulfilled BAC, "Even though those Pats fans were RIGHT; since our precious ADOPT-A-BOLTS (what a joke) got "pwned" by a superior franchise from top to bottom, got a mudhole stomped into our aching and hurting starters, they ran up the score ~because we couldn't stop them, and they just flat out beat us because THEY ARE THE TEAM OF HISTORY that they said they were.............it doesn't mean that everyone who rooted for them was real or true fans like I yam! Boo Hoo, WAAAAH! BOOO HOOO, WAAAAAAH!!! Why can't we be WINNERS, instead of Patriot Haters? Those BAD, BAAAAAADDDD Fake Fans!!!"

Perhaps if you stopped doubting yer own fanhood ~girls,

then you would be able to see the greatness that you are about to face; and

by so recognizing, be better prepared to accept your inevitable DEFEAT :lol: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :lol:!!

All SCHMACK aside. Brang yer Best!
    And Good Luck! Cuz we will not take this game lightly and
    you bess put yer A team out there, sunny Jims.

And please, PLEEEZ keep up the BB material
    from yer lockerroom ova there on the Left Coast.
    Youse guys are cracking us up :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:!!!

9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I guess reading comprehension is not one of your strong points, eh?

I didn't cry about **** c*ck-knob, I was merely responding to a previous post which claimed the Patriots are all business, no trash talking. I was not crying about what they did, merely refuting a point.

I'll try to dumb it down so you can better understand...

Patriots great team, no doubt. But they do their share of **** talking as well. Trying to put them on some "non-**** talking" pedestal is just ridiculous.

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    My eyes are bleeding... thanks a lot!

11. GodofBolts

GodofBolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man I cant belive all these Patriots bandwagoners trying to make their teams sound like their all classy. :tdown:

12. BassDawg

BassDawg BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Easy there, Savage!

That was mostly tongue in cheek with regards to your comments as you do seem to be the voice of reason on this wee little page. I happen to agree with you about how the Pats don't talk before, we let our play do the talking and then let off some steam towards those that let their mouths overload their pre-game!

Well said, Lizard, except for your personal attacks. Of course, that's to be expected from the also-rans of the AFC. Just curious about one thing.........................

Were you for, or against, the firing of Schottzy and the hiring of Norv? Take your time on this one boyz, not yer typical yes or no answer.

13. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0
    So your saying that pats only sh!t talk when provoked?

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    I was against both. :yes:

Looks as though I may have been quite mistaken. :icon_shrug:

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    If we're gonna be civil, that's cool, I can play that way too.

I was not in favor of the hire of Schottenheimer when it happened, I preferred Marvin Lewis. But as a fan, I bought in, and gave the man a chance. He did a hell of a job with the team, though I credit a lot of that to A.J. Smith and the talent he brought in.

After the 2nd playoff loss in a game I felt we should win, I was pretty pissed, but I agreed with the team's decision to bring Marty back for one more go. The pieces were already in place, why screw with things. But after Marty did a number of things to engineer his own firing, it didn't piss me off that he was going.

Norv was certainly not my first choice for head coach, but again, I understood the reasoning, and bought in. After the slow start, I was pretty concerned and getting fairly pissed off. But I have a lot of faith in A.J. Smith, and I felt like as long as we made the playoffs, and had our **** together when we got there, all would be right.

That seems to be what happened, so it's all good. We are playing a team this weekend that is having a season for the ages, so of course I am concerned. I know that we will have to have our best effort of the season if the Patriots do what they normally do. But I also believe that this Chargers team is capable of a win. Will they win? Who knows? But I think I'll just go ahead and watch the game before handing it to the Patriots as every media guy on the planet seems to be doing. I remember too well events leading up to the 1994 AFC Championship Game when we supposedly had no chance, it was all a foregone conclusion, the Steelers were already making a Super Bowl video. That's the great thing about sports, the script hasn't been written, who knows what will happen.

16. BassDawg

BassDawg BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Very thoughtful, SL.
    And, well stated.

So here's the follow-up, hypothetically speaking, of course......................

If you guys had played us last week and lost, which is highly likely to occur this week, bowing out in the first round of the Playoffs again as Marty and staff did, then doesn't that put Norv and his crew in the same unenviable position...............Win NOW, or hit the BRICKS!?!

Or, perhaps better stated "Beat the Patriots, or here's your pink slip!"

Though I will agree that, Norv Turner is a much better Offensive mind than Schottzy. Loved the Sproles Screen-sweep for the TD last week, as it was the right play at the right time. And I picked youse BOLTS to beat the elder Manning, aka 'Ole Fidgety Feets'.

Is Norv the Disciplinarian that Marty is/was? Seems like he's allowing Rivers to infect the team, rather than quarrantine him and innoculate the rest of the team, re: ESPN Turner/LT/Merriman spins, from what would never be tolerated at Gillette ~fogeddah bout on the road!!!

Never have been a big fan of the "revolving door head coach policy" that seems to be so prevalent with many of the NFL owners. What say ye?

Keep Turner, win or lose this Sunday? And if so, will he be allowed to develop the team his way, right or wrong? Lots of rhetoricals here, boyz .......................take yer time, ;-).

17. BassDawg

BassDawg BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am saying that we do our talking on the Gridiron with our effort, first and foremost. Then we respond in kind.

Are YOU saying that the Chahgahs are the only ones allowed to trash talk? 'Cause everyone does it, what matters most is when you talk the talk and whether or not you have the stones to back what YOU squalk.

Nice avatar there, Lilly Tuff-Express!
    So, what middle school DO you attend out there in the land
    of fruits and nuts, chinnuts that is. Is that an image that you are fond of between two men? Most men are repulsed by such a thoughtless and vulgar display. What a maroon!!

18. BassDawg

BassDawg BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right, you are!

19. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1

Regarding the Marty firing, it is a story that has become very distorted. People think they know what happened there, but most are wrong when they start reporting things. Marty was RETAINED despite the playoff loss last year. Then, he let both coordinators move on, and allowed linebackers coach Greg Manusky to go to the 49'ers and Tight Ends coach Rob Chudzinski go to Cleveland. After all that, he stated that he wanted to bring his brother in as the defensive coordinator, and the owner said no. So Marty pushed the issue, and insisted that he had the right to hire whichever coaches he wanted. While that may or may not have been true, the OWNER of the team said no, and if you give the boss a big FU, it probably isn't going to turn out so well. So to re-cap, no matter how many media guys mangle the story, Marty was not fired due to his playoff losses. And Marty was fired by Dean Spanos (the owner), not A.J. Smith, though I'm sure it didn't hurt Smith's feelings.

Word was mid-season that Norv would be back no matter what for 2008. Based on two playoff wins so far, I would imagine nothing has changed about that. I doubt it would have been different if they lost last week. The owner and the GM have faith in him, so at this point, he's not going anywhere. Turner gets the rap for being blah, but so what? Is Tony Dungy running around screaming at players? Did Tom Landry or Don Shula?

As for Rivers, I don't think he is "infecting the team" at all. It seems to be a non-issue with the players, the only people harping about it are the media guys who have to create stories for a living, and opposing fans who don't like it. I am not a big fan of the trash talking but it happens on EVERY team, in EVERY game. They are focusing on Rivers now because it is a storyline. As I have stated elsewhere, if it were Favre doing the same thing, they'd probably be slobbering all over his nutsack about how fiery he is, and what a competitor he is.

20. BassDawg

BassDawg BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Another excellent response, Savage Lizard.

I do remember something of that nature last year, now that you mention it. Cain't say that I blame either party. And it does look as though you've found yer Coach. Big Test this Sunday.

Will have to disagree with the way Norv allows his players to spew their chit as they are want to do. Oshlansky will regret, though doubtful he'll redact, his statements after the final gun Sunday. Just hope he's man enuff to answer for his comments after the game.

A final note, Rivers wishes he could carry Favre's jock strap for a SINGLE DAY, then he might begin to realize what it takes to BE a QB in the NFL ~~entirely by osmosis, since he clearly has no innate clue as to the entirity of what that positon requires from a leadership perspective.

It is one thing to have the talent skills required, and ABSOLUTELY another realm completely that places one among the elite of their position. And that latter behavior most certainly effects the disposition and the on-field performance of one's team, either positively or negatively, based in part by the way in which a team's QB deals with adversity.

Sooooo, Good Luck, Bolts Boyz, and be sure to lace 'em up tight at the Frozen Razor this Sunday. And brang yer A Game, huh?
    We wouldn't have it any other way :tup:!!

21. Butterfingers McCree

Butterfingers McCree BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We actually just rely on LdT to provide the lessons about being classy. Since he doesn't know how to be a winner, we just count on him to be classy and tell us all just how classy he is. There's a niche for all types in the NFL...

22. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    Trust me, as someone who follows the Chargers, and LT on a regular basis, he is EVERYTHING you would want from a player, and a human being. It would take me too long to list all the good that guy has done for the community.

If you want to hang one comment on him, from a press conference when he was obviously upset, it says more about you than it does him. Yeah, he probably shouldn't have said that, but it doesn't change for a second the fact that he is indeed a class act.

23. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    To be fair, Rivers is a second year QB (third year in the league), and is only 26 years old. I'm sure he will continue to improve, and mature. I'm sure we all did things when we were 26 that we aren't proud of. Difference is that we didn't have a camera following us around to catch those things.

All that having been said, his "sins" are fairly minor, and are just being blown up into a big deal by people who have an interest in doing so.

24. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rather Ironic that both teams were born in 1959 and the Pats have been to 5 SuperBowls and won 3 - While SD has been to one and well you know the story.

The Pats have had some extremely lean years. 1-15 Rod Rust era comes to mind and there were many other forgettable moments so the classification of bandwagon fans for 90% of the fanbase is wrong.

And having been out to SoCal I can understand why you don't sell out. So much to do, crappy stadium and an underachieving team made up of whiny excuse making wannabees that have won nothing.

So I understand your difficulty in selling out a playoff game against a team that should not have been in the playoffs and that you were losing to in the 3rd quarter.

But I see where your coming from.

25. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    The wood is good. :yes: :bolt:

26. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    While you are correct about Super Bowls but in 1964 the Chargers won the AFL Championship against your Boston Patriots.

So the Chargers were able to get a Championship before the Patriots did even in the AFL days. All the Boston Patriots did was get to one as well.

On the other hand the Chargers went to 5 and even though all they were able to do was win one of the Championships they did go to the big game 5 times then.

27. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll rely on your word as I am not old enough to remember the Ol'Bastard days of the AFL but I'll give you props on beating the "Boston" Patriots.

But to call any Boston fan that has been supporting their teams since the 70's a frontrunner is laughable. Although I will admit that kids under the age of 10 think that all New England Sports Teams do is win Championships.

I even had a kid tell me it's about time the Celtics get with the program:lol:

28. EastCoast

EastCoast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hehehe - that's funny. I haven't read the Herald since I move out of Boston 7 years ago. But I'm not surprised seeing Buckley write that article. By the way, not that it makes much difference to you but Buckley is a Baseball writer, not as likely to err, breakdown football game tape.

Bandwagon? Again, hehehe. No, I've been a Pats fan since before the glory days of Dick Macpherson, Hugh Millen, and the rest of the noble 2-14 Pats. No bandwagon here, been through the crappy times and now loving these glory times.

But you are right, I'm a real tough guy behind a computer. Plus, I get my kicks by going out to Classy San Diego sites and listen to Classy Charger's fans telling me I have a man crush, and that I'm "pwned".

I've seen a few good fans here that see things as they are or at least able to discuss, and with the exception of some Yahoo Homer Fans, this seems to be a good site with what promises to be a real good game coming up.

But of course we're just fans, some are Yahoo fans like B.A.C, but we're all just fans. The game will be played out on a cold field Sunday

Signed, "PWNED" by the tough guy B.A.C. (********)

29. BayAreaCharger

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    At least EastCoast admits he's been pwned. :icon_rofl:

Here EastCoast, this video is for you and your man crush.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ufwukWgKfI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ufwukWgKfI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

30. BayAreaCharger

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Hey EastCoast, here's a little more of the object of your affection.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFWkuxs_eRo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFWkuxs_eRo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.