1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Playoffs - Who is your team?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    One way to measure success is too be feared. When the schedule comes every year and when the fans look it over. Do you think the fans in Baltimore, San Francisco, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle, or Atlanta after they look at that schedule, do you think that they fear playing us, I bet they do not. We have been in that position a few times now, and yet every time we have not reached our goal. Sure playoff game wins are nice, but if the game that is being played isn’t measured with roman numerals, besides us fans who remembers those games? It’s sad but our success this year was having the GM and head coach fired. While other teams still talk about their team playing in the playoff’s, we still talk about who our head coach is going to be. Would I rather be talking about the Chargers in the playoffs this year, WHY YES I I WOULD! But our sad state of affairs will not allow that right now. I have seen 13 head coaches leave without hoisting a championship trophy up. Sid Gillman is the only Charger coach to have that honor. At least Bobby Ross had his hands around a Lamar Hunt trophy. It’s getting old really fast! If success is measured by playoff wins, then were are at the top, a game against Miami is considered by some to be one of the best playoff games ever played, but then we lost the very next game in Cincinnati.
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +813 / 14 / -3
    Hell of a game in ATL.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,013 / 33 / -20
    Pete Carroll is a ******* moron. You deserve to lose if you try to freeze the kicker these days, it never works, it only gives him a practice shot. What an idiot.
  4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +813 / 14 / -3
    What the hell did ATL do on that kickoff?
  5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    one thing is forsure, these have been some of the greatest games I've seen in a long time

really looking forward to the S.B. with what I've seen so far
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    I think that the best game would be Baltimore vs San Fran. I think that the most likely game is NE vs SF.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    The Harbaugh Bowl
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    All my hopes and dreams are pinned on The Harbaugh Bowl now. But really the only team I'd be sad to see make it is NE.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I don't think everyone agrees. I would bet that nearly everyone on this list would consider an the Giants 9-7 team that won the SB, more successful than the Chargers 14-2 team, even though they won less games
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Of course winning a Super Bowl would be considered more successful than going 1-and-done. The point is that 1-and-done in the playoffs is not as successful as winning a game in the playoffs. Regular season records mean jack in the post-season except to determine home field advantage. You start over from 0 and last I checked, bye weeks don't count in the win column.

Why are we debating this anyway? It's a silly internet meme capitalizing on the sadfaced Donkey fans for our entertainment and wicked joy. Pretty sure a general consensus of logical human beings will never = Tebow > Manning.
  11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 7 / -1
    And unfortunately barring a miracle/the Mayan end of the world NE are going to be in the Superbowl. I don't give the Ravens much of a chance up there in Foxboro. Baltimore are better than Houston but that is not saying much. Surely San Fran has enough for Atlanta?

A SF NE Superbowl might be a good un.
  12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Except with a lot oft he moron fans here in Colorado who have been complaining all weekend that Tebow was better than Manning because he won a game and Manning didn't.
  13. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    well, living in Colorado has taught me that donkey fans aren't all that bright
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    While you are correct. There are some of us who love pointing out the irony that one of ole Manning's infoulable boys hasnt been able to acomplish what Tebow did...

It warms my heart to type this...
    [​IMG]
  15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    There are still a ton of fans here who think they should have kept Tebow and let Manning train him to be a better QB. Just shows how ignorant some of those fans are
  16. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Well. You have to think of the effects of the thin atmosphere on the brain. Who knows, maybe someone could make a QB of Tebow. Honestly if anyone could have a positive impact on a young QB it would be Manning... Gawds I hate myself for typing that...
  17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Because he did such a good job of training Curtis Painter? Sorry, but I don't think there are many NFL players who will train their backup, that is the job for the coaching staff. And it sure as hell isn't happening with a TE masquerading as a QB, who is a terrible passer
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I never said 'train'. If you stop and consider the history of the position, you might find that while QBs have worked together, they can and will observe one another. Seeing how a successful QB conducts business is not a bad thing for a young QB. For instance. Steve Young always wanted to start over Montana. Montana did not go out of his way to 'train' Young, but Steve to this day credits much of his growth to Montana, from observing how he handled the game. I believe Rivers has said something to that effect about Brees.

Are you telling me that you could not see any scenario where Tebow might be able to improve from observing how Manning handles the game, and what he does on the sideline? If that is the case, simply do not respond because we have nothing else to discuss on this topic... :)
  19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    Tebow's problem starts and ends with not being able to throw a football. If you can't throw a football, you can't be an effective QB. Watching Manning throw a football isn't going to help Tebow throw a football. The end.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I am saying I don't think he is capable of learning by observation from a QB that is the complete opposite in skillset, and that doesn't just go for Tebow, the same would go for any running type QB playing behind a statue QB, unless they alreayd havet he talent to be a good QB, something Tebow doesn't posses
  21. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,332 / 35 / -15
    I started to hit 'Agree,' because I think you're dead on, this time.

But before I could click that mouse, I realized that, yes, that's 95% of the problem...
    but there's also a bit of smugness there, that rubs some people--including teammates--the wrong way,
    and may even get in the way of him being truly open to learning/progressing:
    Hell, we've been hearing since late 2009 that Tebow is "fixing" his delivery...and yet, there it is.

p.s. Wasn't it genius Jon Gruden who prophesized that TT would 'revolutionize' the game? How has no one snapped up JG?
  22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    His inability to fix his delivery is probably a result of limitations on his throwing shoulder and ingrained behavior, rather than aversion to improvement/modification. He's been "throwing" a football that way for at least 15 years. It strikes me as somewhat silly to expect that after 3 years, his natural motion for throwing the football will have changed, especially in game situations where he isn't thinking about his throwing motion.
  23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,332 / 35 / -15
    Except that we aren't talking about a casual, "let's work on this, a bit" approach.

Tebow officially "fixed" his motion 3 years ago! It was an intense, focused, all-in Manhatten Project
    to make him NFL ready. Since then, he's been paid millions to solidify, reinforce those changes.
    That's his JOB...it's his number one priority, re. keeping those million dollar checks coming.
    If you think it's unreasonable to expect him to have a decent throwing motion in 2013, then maybe
    he really does have an obstacle to learning.
    Tebow March 2010.png
  24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He will continue getting those million dollar checks when he goes to the house or reps as a tea party candidate and gets "campaign donations", because he will be out of football very soon
  25. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    I think that's your answer.
  26. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    You can have what ever opinion you want. I am not sure what time you have spent observing him or working with him so it is just another opinion that can neither be proven or disproved by any of us. I however doubt he is as lacking in any skills as you suggest. Those people do not usually make it through college and into the pros.
  27. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    Seems like getting passed over when the Jets benched Sanchez would suggest that Tebow isn't very good in their standard offense. It seems that it takes a gimmick offense for him to succeed.
  28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    When no team signs him next year, I think it will backup my opinion as 32 NFL teams will agree
  29. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +256 / 3 / -2
    Rusty! Are you sure we checked every bulb?

rusty.jpg
  30. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    And if he is signed, what does that do to your straw man argument? :rolleyes: