1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Plenty to look forward to

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Dec 26, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Josh Lewin

What's the old saying? If "ifs and buts" were candies and nuts- I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts. Or something like that. (What IS the rest of that? Anybody know? Seriously, I've never been able to get that one.)

Anyhow, point is, this 2005 season will be long-remembered -- sometimes fondly and sometimes otherwise -- for the "ifs," "buts" "almosts," "coulda's" and "shoulda's." If the defense had sacked Gus Frerotte late in the game in Week 13- if the special teams had made the block on that field goal try in Philly - if Champ Bailey hadn't jumped the route and picked off Brees in Week 2- if they'd only punched it in on first and goal in the waning seconds of Week 1- yada yada yada.

It's easy, I suppose, to drive yourself bananas over the ifs and buts, knowing that the first 14 games were all there for the taking, yet only nine actually got taken. Forget Kansas City. Those first five losses, much more than this past Saturday, account for the missing playoff voucher and the sickly feeling of watching Jacksonville and Pittsburgh frolic in the wild card meadow instead.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2495"target="_blank">
    <strong>Article Link</strong></a>