1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

POLL: Did you know you cant throw the football in the Qualcomms Parking Lot?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers182, Sep 27, 2011.

?

Did you know you cant throw things in Qualcomms Stadium Parking Lot?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2011.
  1. Yes

46.9%
  2. No

53.1%
  1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,623 / 29 / -2
    I haven't been to a game in years and I knew this. They stopped some people from throwing it next to us at a game a few years ago.

They don't always enforce it, though, which is probably where the confusion comes in.

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    we watched a fairly new Cadillac Escalade get nailed in its L/H Forward fender by a guy who threw the football 40 yards in the air.

I would lay odds that’s one of the reasons! I have a 2010 RAV4 , the price tag was over 32 grand, I don’t want it dented either.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    I was outside the Bud Power Party tent (couldn't get in because I had food in my bag, but that's another story) and saw folks throwing a football around. Security didn't seem do anything or care.

4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    the way it was explained to me, the cops have to catch you and then write the ticket. Security is only there for the "Event" such as the game, or the Bud Power party or anything else they have the contract for. What goes on outside that “area”, the police then have jurisdiction. A couple of years ago, I got into a shouting match with some people who were taking cuts in the ticket line going into the stadium, I looked right at the security guy who was standing right there and he did not do anything about it. I then asked a guy that I work with who was a supervisor for the security firm the next day. That’s how he explained it to me.

5. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    Sorry, but I like this rule. Always nice when some guy runs a slant route by your vehicle and his buddy passing throws like a girl and smacks a couple cars, TV or satellite dish.

6. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    when I was younger I hated it. Now that I see things differently now, I too like it. The skateboarding thing I do not understand.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    That is part, but alcohol and fights are the big reason which is why beer pong and bean bags illegal also. It is all about fights that break out due to morons that can't. I have personally seen ridiculous fights break out for nothing more than a a football landing too close to someone, not hitting them, their car, or anyone else

8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    It seems like those bean bag and beer pong games are everywhere .. Has anyone ever gotten a ticket?

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I have seen cops stop and tell people to put them away. And have had cops tell my group on multiple occasions (We hoped it was just a cop in a bad mood the 1st couple times) to put away our bean bags, even when we were parked along the fence (under the trolley), where we couldn't hit anyone, and we were still told to put the game away