1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Posting youtube?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Can you be a bit more specific rather than just saying "a few" and "a lot"? Which OTS programs - what format of "Internet video files"?

I've been using FireFox for several years now and it remains my "preferred" browser. Granted there are still some "Microsoft specific" sites out there that violate Internet standards - including several of the "dot gov" sites - but I can always load IE if I just have to look at them. I found it funny that I recently had to load IE to have a peek at the application for filing for Social Security on-line. Dumb, dumb, dumb - but what else should I expect from a government employee?
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    I cant be. I validate software for a living, and FF has had problems with OTS software. Problably not software the average user would have on their system at home. But it is why a lot of companies do not allow it installed on their system.

I dont know if it is a format issue either, I know football clips at several sites that are launch and load will not play in FF.

I am just saying neither are perfect, definately not ie, but ff isnt perfect either. People have to look hard before installing a program like ie7 or ff before they do it, to make sure they will not kick themselves in the arse later.
  3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Thanks for responding Conc - and believe it or not, I do understand about the "work thang". One of my "titles" after I retired from the Navy 20 years ago (well, it will be come August 27th) was "Systems Test Engineer" for a local outfit called ATI. Left the Nav on Friday and went to work for them the following Monday. ;)

Highlighted part above is QFT! :icon_toast:

Regarding multimedia file formats - the only time I've ran into that this year was because I didn't have the proper plugin installed in FF. Now running FireFox 2.0.0.5 and am having great results with it. :tup:
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280 / 12 / -5
    Another problem with FF is that some browser managed network devices won't work with it. I install a lot of firewalls and with some of them, if it ain't IE, don't even try.
  5. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad I saw this. Hope this works.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBIOpFwBgNM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBIOpFwBgNM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Sweet!
  7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Fixed it for ya.
  8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member