1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pre-NFL 2012 Draft News Mocks etc..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ThunderHorse17, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    I dont know why we dont have a one stop NFL draft talk discussion thread, so here it is.

Lookin at OGs and OTs tryin to find a way that we can get by with addressing the pick in the 3rd or 4th.
    Rank Player Pos. Pos. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round
    66 Kelechi Osemele OG 6 Iowa State rSr 6-6 333 2-3

Almost liked this guy enuff to suggest him, he does have a cool Nigerian name. He has the arms and hands for a great offensive lineman, but I dont like what the bio on him has to say about his ability to pull:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1243444/kelechi-osemele
    Overview
    Osemele's surname means "ancient warrior" in the language of his Nigerian ancestors, and any player who has to had match him with up over the past three years will tell you he tries to live up to that name every snap. His rare combination of size, strength, and absolute aggression make him an NFL offensive line coach's dream.
    His size and athleticism earned him the team's scout player of the year in his redshirt 2007 season. He played in every game of his redshirt freshman season, starting five contests (four at left guard, one at right tackle). Coaches moved him to left tackle in the spring of 2009, and he pretty well enough to garner second-team All-Big 12 honors from the Associated Press that season, as well as honorable-mention all-conference accolades from league coaches and media as a junior.
    Osemele's mean disposition on the field will probably cause most teams to project him inside at the next level. Teams using a power-blocking scheme, however, may select him very high in the draft to play tackle, thinking they can coach him up on pass protection technique to improve his ability to stay with NFL speed rushers.
    Analysis
    Pass blocking: Aggressive pass blocker with NFL-caliber length and thick frame. Plays with a wide base and locks onto rush ends with very strong hands. Few college defenders can bull rush against his strong anchor or get around his long arms to reach the quarterback. His pass pro technique needs work, however, and he stands up after the snap, lateral quickness is inconsistent, crosses his feet, and gets off balance too easily, giving up the corner against fast ends. Lacks recovery speed to prevent secondary rush if beaten in inside lane. Susceptible to holding calls when reaching or being a bit overaggressive.
    Run blocking: Possesses a guard build, with a little extra girth in the middle, and is bulldozer as a run blocker inside. Uses strong upper body to latch onto and control any defender getting into his path. Finishes blocks. Agile enough to down-black the tackle then reach a linebacker waiting in the box. Will even jump towards a second target if he sees back coming through the hole. Need to work on getting low in short-yardage situations. Inconsistent cut blocker, more effective when getting down to prevent backside pursuit in run game rather than bringing down rushers on quick passes.
    Pulling/trapping: Owns short-area quickness to trap, and will negate targets in that role, but is most effective when staying in tight quarters or moving straight-ahead off the snap. Would be limited to hitting first target and could get in running back's way if asked to pull.
    Initial Quickness: Gets his massive frame moving more quickly than anticipated off the snap. Good explosion from three-point stance. Jumps inside to wall off defenders from inside lanes and is effective taking out tackle's shoulder on zone-blocking plays.
    Downfield: Lacks great foot speed to adjust to smaller defenders but gives good effort to get to second level or further. Attacks targets and attempts to sustain instead of just punching. Bends at the waist, overextends while holding block in space but is generally effective due to his size and strong hands.
    Intangibles: Plays with legitimate nastiness, gets after it on every play and will through the whistle if challenged. Smart player who called out blitzes, has changed positions in college, and works hard to improve every year.
    Combine Invite:Yes
    Height:6064
    Weight:333
    40 Yrd Dash:5.36
    20 Yrd Dash:
    10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:32
    Vertical Jump:26 1/2
    Broad Jump:08'08"
    20 Yrd Shuttle:4.87
    3-Cone Drill:7.91
    Invited to 2012 NFL Combine as OT
    He has incredible reach (35??-inch arms and an 85??-inch wingspan) and massive hands (10 3/8 inches) that make him hard to escape.

Not sold on him, but makes me think we can get away with finding a OG/T prospect that isnt one of the top 8. And I guess this thread will die off pretty soon, since im gonna be without a inet connection for a while. Feel free to keep this alive and talk about whoever you like to take and where/why.
  2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    15 *David DeCastro OG 1 Stanford rJr 6-5 316 1
    20 Cordy Glenn OG 2 Georgia Sr 6-6 345 1
    32 Amini Silatolu OG 3 Midwestern State Sr 6-4 311 1-2
    37 Kevin Zeitler OG 4 Wisconsin Sr 6-4 314 1-2
    61 Brandon Brooks OG 5 Miami (Ohio) rSr 6-5 346 2
    66 Kelechi Osemele OG 6 Iowa State rSr 6-6 333 2-3
    93 James Brown OG 7 Troy rSr 6-4 306 3
    98 *Brandon Washington OG 8 Miami (Fla.) Jr 6-3 320 3-4
    118 Senio Kelemete OG 9 Washington Sr 6-4 307 3-4
    142 Josh LeRibeus OG 10 Southern Methodist rSr 6-3 312 4-5
    167 Lucas Nix OG 11 Pittsburgh Sr 6-5 317 5
    191 Rishaw Johnson OG 12 California (PA) rSr 6-3 313 5-6
    198 Ryan Miller OG 13 Colorado rSr 6-7 321 6
    215 Desmond Wynn OG 14 Rutgers rSr 6-6 303 6-7
    229 Jaymes Brooks OG 15 Virginia Tech rSr 6-2 310 6-7
    247 Derek Dennis OG 16 Temple rSr 6-3 315 7
    268 Antoine McClain OG 17 Clemson Sr 6-6 329 7-FA
    282 Joe Looney[​IMG] OG 18 Wake Forest Sr 6-3 309 7-FA
    298 Jeremiah Warren OG 19 South Florida rSr 6-3 336 7-FA
    309 Kelvin Beachum OG 20 Southern Methodist rSr 6-3 303 7-FA
    343 Rokevious Watkins OG 21 South Carolina rSr 6-4 338 ––
    357 Ronald Leary OG 22 Memphis rSr 6-3 315 ––
    364 Adam Gettis OG 23 Iowa rSr 6-2 293 ––
    385 Mike Harris OG 24 UCLA rSr 6-5 310 ––
    401 Johnnie Troutman OG 25 Penn State rSr 6-4 325 ––
  3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    OTs
    3 *Matt Kalil OT 1 Southern California rJr 6-7 306 1
    13 *Riley Reiff OT 2 Iowa rJr 6-6 313 1
    23 *Jonathan Martin OT 3 Stanford rJr 6-5 312 1
    33 Mike Adams OT 4 Ohio State Sr 6-7 323 1-2
    55 *Bobby Massie OT 5 Mississippi Jr 6-6 316 2
    73 Zebrie Sanders OT 6 Florida State Sr 6-6 320 2-3
    77 Mitchell Schwartz OT 7 California rSr 6-5 318 2-3
    85 Brandon Mosley OT 8 Auburn Sr 6-6 314 3
    104 Donald Stephenson OT 9 Oklahoma rSr 6-6 312 3-4
    117 Matt McCants OT 10 UAB rSr 6-6 308 3-4
    125 Tony Bergstrom OT 11 Utah Sr 6-5 313 4
    130 Jeff Allen OT 12 Illinois Sr 6-4 307 4
    136 Tom Compton OT 13 South Dakota rSr 6-5 314 4-5
    168 Nate Potter OT 14 Boise State rSr 6-6 303 5
    184 Matt Reynolds OT 15 Brigham Young rSr 6-5 302 5-6
    186 Andrew Datko[​IMG] OT 16 Florida State Sr 6-6 315 5-6
    204 Lamar Holmes OT 17 Southern Mississippi Sr 6-5 323 6
    226 Marcel Jones OT 18 Nebraska rSr 6-6 320 6-7
    232 Levy Adcock OT 19 Oklahoma State Sr 6-6 320 6-7
    249 Dustin Waldron OT 20 Portland State Sr 6-5 305 7
    266 Jeff Adams OT 21 Columbia Sr 6-6 306 7-FA
    279 Landon Walker OT 22 Clemson rSr 6-5 301 7-FA
    297 Markus Zusevics[​IMG] OT 23 Iowa rSr 6-5 303 7-FA
    306 John Cullen OT 24 Utah Sr 6-5 297 7-FA
    320 Chandler Burden OT 25 Kentucky rSr 6-4 315 7-FA
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    Sean Richardson SS 8 Vanderbilt Sr 6-3 216 7

Ok so this guys file reads he is returning for his senior year? Why is he listed on the SS list for the draft then??? Looks like a good steal if he was to be a 7th round pick this year...
  5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
  6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

http://sportshoundblog.com/2012/04/08/the-sports-hound-2012-nfl-mock-draft-6-3/
    4. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson RB/Alabama
    Many feel that #4 is a reach for a RB, but I also have seen many compare his abilities to Adrian Peterson as well. Richardson is a once every 10 years type of back and would take a lot of pressure off of Colt McCoy. WR is a need, but I think they will address it.
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne CB/LSU
    Even though the Bucs signed Eric Wright, I feel they will still look at Claiborne here. Richardson could also be the guy if available, but I think they may be skeptical on the future of Aqib Talib and may just end up releasing him. I’m not sure yet, but I can picture Claiborne and Wright starting this season.
    6. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon WR/Oklahoma State
    The Rams get their #1 target in the draft and gained 3 extra high draft picks to do so. I think there will be a team who is willing to leap in front of the Rams to snag Blackmon first, because as we all know…..this is a pass happy league now.
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd WR/Notre Dame
    After his recent pro day workout, I think the Jaguars have to pull the trigger on Floyd. The signing of Laurent Robinson was a waste of money in my opinion and they need to upgrade the position further.
    8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill QB/Texas A&M
    With all the recent rumblings from the NFL meetings, I am starting to feel that the Dolphins will take the risk on Tannehill instead of hoping he drops to the 2nd round. Think the Chiefs and Cardinals may pull the trigger if they aren’t really sold on Cassell and Kolb, respectively.
    9. Carolina Panthers - Dontari Poe DT/Memphis
    The Panthers have needs on both sides of the line. LT is a need, but they may look at one early in the 2nd round. This pick will come down to Brockers and Poe. I feel that Brockers will fit the Panthers defense a little better, but Poe is too good to pass up.
    10. Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff OT/Iowa
    Kuechly may be the perfect fit for the Bills, but I held out hope that the Bills would re-sign Bell, but he officially moved on. I think Reiff has to be the pick.
    11. Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro OG/Stanford
    With Poe off the board they could also look at another DT, but I think Poe is their best fit. They could also use help with the pass rush across Hali, but they need to upgrade their OL if they expect Cassell to stay healthy.
    12. Seattle Seahawks - Melvin Ingram OLB/South Carolina
    The Seahawks could look OT at this pick, but they also need to upgrade their LB corps especially with LeRoy Hill still being a free agent. Not sure if they’ll re-sign him either, so Ingram is the pick.
    13. Arizona Cardinals - Stephon Gilmore CB/South Carolina
    After the Cardinals made that silly move of trading for Kolb, they’ve been lacking at CB with the loss of DRC. Gilmore is a perfect fit for the Cardinals. They need to upgrade the OL and WR, but the best are off the board and I think it’s a reach for Glenn and Wright at this point.
    14. Dallas Cowboys – Dre Kirkpatrick CB/Alabama
    I think that DeCastro is the bpa, but with the Cowboys recent signing at OG I think they’ll look to upgrade the secondary. Kirkpatrick seems to be an upgrade over former pro-bowler Jenkins.
    15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mark Barron SS/Alabama
    With the addition of Bell at LT, Martin will continue his fall in the draft. Barron is what the Eagles have been missing on their defense since they let Brian Dawkins leave. In no way am I comparing Barron to Dawkins, but he is a playmaker.
    16. New York Jets - Quinton Coples DE/North Carolina
    With Coples dropping in this mock, he would be the perfect fit for the Jets. He’ll either be very good or a bust because of the hype train that always seems to run through New York.
    17. Cincinnati Bengals – Courtney Upshaw OLB/Alabama
    The Bengals will probably use this draft to upgrade their defense unless Floyd falls to them. They could look a few different directions here, but I think Upshaw is the bpa.
    18. San Diego Chargers - Luke Kuechly ILB/Boston College
    Kuechly is the bpa on my board and drops to the Chargers here. I think he’d be a great pick here.

Damn I like this draft, Ill take Keulkey. Tho I honestly see Jax goin a diff direction than WR with the 7 pick. Luke could fall to us, and also so could be available other players at positons we need more but damn i wouldnt be opposed to him signing on.
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    If Kuechly fell to us I'd be ecstatic.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,102 / 34 / -21
    Holy **** hell must have just frozen over.:eek: We agree!

I'd be very surprised if AJ took him givin ILB isn't an immediate need, but hell nobody can argue our team would be better with him even if he doesn't start this year. A Kuechley/Butler ILB position is very appealing.
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    Hard to argue with Kuechly at that spot especially with Barron & DeCastro off the board. Still wonder if at that point some teams would be calling and offering a lot for that pick. Only thing I wonder with Kuechly is where or how do you play him? The ILB corps is pretty full right now, so would you move Spikes to part time with Mouton and have Kuechly & Butler as the starters?
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,102 / 34 / -21
    I think I've done as much due dilligence as I can of our options, and my top 5 players (realistically speaking)

1.Luke Kuechly - This is just a special case, I think he is the next Brian Urlacher. He won't help us much in '11, but we'll be set a ILB for 10+ years. I'd be shocked if he's here, but at the same time its not completely ludacris.
    2. SS Dre Kirkpatrick - I just don't think you can find the size, quickness, speed, versatility, tackling and tenacious nature with any other S in this draft. I want to see him covering Gronk.
    3. OLB - Nick Perry - Plays with great leverage, has a powerfull bull rush, above average burst, and I believe he can develop another secondary move to potentially be an elite pass rusher. If Upshaw is on the board, I pass on him for Perry.
    4. David DeCastro - Probably the next Logan Mankins. Only reason he's not #1 is this is an insanely deep OG draft, and I really want a defensive playmaker.
    5. Still a tie between Branch and Mercilus, I don't want either at 18 but in a trade back scenario would take either.
  11. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    I think we all can agree on this statement hahaha but seriously I like the No.5 option trade back for Mercilus or Branch

this whole time I was on a pick a defensive player But aside from the obvious in DeCastro, Martin is growing on me. I wouldn't mind if they took him if available to play RT and even switch over to LT if something happened to Gaither. As NFL path to the draft pointed out DeCastro would make Mathews very happy but Martin or another OT would make Rivers happy
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,102 / 34 / -21
    Even discussing RT in the 1st round is a fools errand. There is no way AJ is going to let a guy like Clary with a 4+ million dollar cap hit lose his job to a rookie 1yr after signing him to the stupidest contract ever.

OG is a different story.
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    I'd like to see a Chargers complete roster like this
  15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Martin doesn't have the feet to play LT at the next level and anyone trying to tell you that is probably on the take form his agent or hasn't watched enough film. At his absolute best the guy is another McNeill (and let's not kid ourselves with homer shades, Marcus had one elite season, two above average seasons, and was the epitome of average/middle-rung otherwise). And in reality, I don't see Martin being much more than Will Beatty - an above average RT (obviously an upgrade over Clary, but that's not hard to do) without the lateral agility or feet to play against the speedier, more athletic RDE's and OLB's of the NFL. If we're looking for a developmental LT, you sit back and wait until round 2 or 3 and take Mosley (a far more realistic pick since AJ's just as likely to spend a 1st round pick on an OL as Norv is to give any OL a legitimately fair shot at taking Clary's job from him in camp).
  16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    Interesting note for the draft - not sure if its a smoke screen since I have heard the Chargers are looking at OL somewhere in the draft
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18475201
    Several mock drafts have pointed to the retirement of G Kris Dielman as a reason why the Chargers will select an OL in the first round. San Diego, however, is projected to start the same O-line that only allowed two sacks through the final five games of last season. Depth at O-line will likely be added in the later rounds. This allows for the selection of an OLB and SS in the early rounds
    • Like Like x 1
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,102 / 34 / -21
    Kinda what I've been saying all along. The only linemen I can see AJ even flirting with taking is DeCastro. I think he passes right over Cordy Glenn without a 2nd glance.
  18. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    I don't know - Glenn has the mobility and movement of someone 40lbs thinner while being incredibly stout. Glenn also does provide value initially as a guard (which he could be a pro-bowler) and could even swing out to tackle. I think Glenn could appeal to the Chargers - but that could just as much be a smoke screen to throw off other people. I think AJ tried that with Michael Floyd but no one bought it.
  19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,102 / 34 / -21
    At the moment, but 5 years from now is he going to turn into Deuce Lutui, Toniu Fonoti, or Max Jean-Gilles?

Problem is there arn't many successfull 350lb OGs, maybe 1 in the entire league in Carl Nicks, and thats it. It seems every other year people want to fantisize about the 350lb guard who's going to plow the road for the next 10 years, and every year that player dissapoints.

And to continue that point, there are plenty of OGs in the 2nd-3rd round range this year that you can win with. I vote take a shot on a defensive playmaker, and settle for the 2nd round guard.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
  21. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/tag/1966335/Team pick projections

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18646105/projecting-the-draft-san-diego-chargers

A disappointing season from quarterback Phillip Rivers was one of several reasons, however, that the Chargers failed to live up to expectations last year, prompting some to call for the firings of general manager A.J. Smith and/or head coach Norv Turner.

As disappointing as the 2011 regular season was, however, the Chargers deserve credit for a quietly impressive off-season. While the team allowed big play wideout Vincent Jackson to leave for a huge contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they've solidified their offensive line by re-signing left tackle Jared Gaither and center Nick Hardwick to long term deals, replaced Jackson with a bevy of wideouts including former New Orleans Saint first round pick Robert Meachem and may have found the answer to their pass rushing woes by the addition of former Baltimore Raven Jarret Johnson at outside linebacker.

Despite the strong off-season, the pressure remains on Smith and Turner. This is a club that, frankly, has performed below their talent level for the past few seasons. Boasting one of the league's better quarterbacks, the Chargers' time to win is now. Anything less than a division crown could lead to Smith and Turner working elsewhere in 2013.

Five picks AJ Smith should contemplate:

S Mark Barron, Alabama (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 20)
    The Chargers have been searching for consistency at strong safety ever since allowing Rodney Harrison to leave for the New England Patriots. The club gambled on oft-injured Bob Sanders last year and the former Colt standout was again unable to stay on the field. As the elite talent in a weak year at safety, Barron, frankly, shouldn't make it past the Dallas Cowboys (No. 14), Philadelphia Eagles (No. 15) and Cincinnati Bengals (No. 17), each of whom could use help at the position. If he were available to the Chargers at No. 18 overall, Smith should run to the podium to announce the pick himself. In fact, Barron may be worth moving up for...
    OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 25)
    Considering the addition of Johnson and the breakout performance of Antwan Barnes (team-leading 11 sacks in 2011), the Chargers may not feel as concerned about their pass rush as pundits expect. The team is still hoping to get something out of former first round pick Larry English, who has struggled with injuries and could see a return to form from Shaun Phillips - who dropped to just 3.5 sacks last year after averaging a robust 9.5 quarterback takedowns in each of his five previous seasons as a starter. Considering the Chargers' struggles to remain healthy at this position, however, as well as the presence of Peyton Manning in the division now, don't be surprised if San Diego again looks for a pass rusher in the first round. Mercilus is a gamble on greatness but the club will have a unique perspective on the Illini defender after investing their top pick in his former teammate, Corey Liuget, a year ago.
    CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 39)
    For all of the attention placed upon the Chargers' inconsistent pass rush, some believe a leaky secondary was the bigger problem. As such, there is some league sentiment that San Diego is targeting a cornerback early in the 2012 draft. Should the team elect to go in another direction in the first round, the Chargers could be one of the teams willing to overlook Jenkins' frighteningly poor off-field decisions and snatch him up in the second (pick No. 49 overall). Starters Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer, each former first round picks themselves, struggled at times last season and with Manning's presence in the AFC West, this area of concern is only magnified. San Diego has generally steered clear of character concerns during Smith's tenure but with the club's proverbial back against the wall, the timing might be right to gamble. There is no denying Jenkins' talent and from a geographical perspective, one can't get much further from his Florida and North Alabama past than San Diego.
    RB LaMichael James, Oregon (NFLDraftScout.com ranking 69)
    The pressure is on 2010 first round pick Ryan Mathews as much as any Charger in 2012. Based largely on the team's belief in him, the club allowed Darren Sproles and Mike Tolbert to leave via free agency over the last calendar year. By re-signing Jacob Hester, the club might have the short yardage back already in place to help the team overcome the loss of Tolbert but could use a speedy option on third down. Few backs in recent history can match James' success while at Oregon, but at only 5-08, 194 pounds he'll be best served in this capacity in the NFL. If still on the board when the Chargers are up midway through the third round (No. 78 overall), the former Duck would make a lot of sense.
    DL Kheeston Randle, Texas (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 110)
    The Chargers re-signed starting defensive end Luis Castillo and nose guard Antonio Garay but the deals were only for one and two years, respectively, so the club may not see either as long-term solutions up front. The 6-5, 293 pound Randle is a hard worker and intriguing athlete who some 3-4 teams project inside at nose guard and others outside as a five-technique defensive end. That type of versatility would be sure to intrigue any club looking for depth along the defensive line, especially on the draft's third day. The Chargers' would appear to be fortunate if Randle was still on the board at No. 110 overall.

Can this draft take any longer to get started??
  22. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    Its going to be the longest 5 days hahaha
  23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    For a cheap laugh, check out this YouTube video of the '81 draft

(it's the first of 4 ten-minute clips)

I still remember being shocked that the NFL was going to broadcast
    a non-sports event at all...only the truly fanatical paid much mind
    to the draft 3 decades ago.
    This (from the NY Sheraton :) ) is a must-see for anyone who knows the
    high tech overkill of the modern draft.
    Even the #2 pick, Lawrence Taylor, did not rate an invite. :)

Back then, I was shocked (as was Howard Cosell, in part 3) that it was
    being aired at all. In 2012, the shock is at how podunk it looks.
    (and that Chris Berman was ever that young)