1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Preseason Game 3 Viewing Party; BFTB invites BT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 20, 2013.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,430 / 19 / -4
    http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...he-chargers-cardinals-preseason-game-together

I just received an invitation from John Gennaro of Bolts from the Blue, they are having a Chargers-Cardinals viewing party this Saturday at Randy Jones All-American Grill in Mission Valley. If there are any Charger fans in the area and want to attend, Bolttalk has been given an open invitation. I'll be there (because I'm back in SD for a little, YAY!) and I hope to see some of you all there too!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,576 / 11 / -0
    Damn... family reunion for the mister that day out in Alpine, if we make it back into Mission Valley before the game wraps up I'll swing by though :)
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Have a poker game... with a Raiders fan... and a Niners fan... and God-willing two more Chargers fans if they decide to show (though one would be driving up from Oceanside to eastern Orange County).
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,430 / 19 / -4
    I think I heard how this joke ends.........
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Do me a favor and slap BFTB for suggesting we ought to trade premium picks and pay $8-9m/yr to Jairus Byrd. I'm actually a Jairus fan, but having 2 elite safeties doesn't do us much good if we're forfeiting the money/draft picks necessary to give us a worthwhile pass-rush and/or offensive line.

I actually read a comment on his article too that suggested such person would be willing to "let Butler go" if it meant having an elite safety corps. Do people even pay attention to football anymore? Or the fact that Weddle and Byrd play the same position (both are free safeties - and better as roamers and blitzers than as blanket-covermen)?
  6. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 8 / -4
    Saw that as well. It would be a dream pairing, but who could afford the top 2 salaries at 1 position? And I sure as hell wouldn't endorse risking the loss of Butler or one of our young stud linemen.

Wish I could make this event - will arguably have 2 of the most clueless football evaluators I've ever known who are intimately involved in a fairly successful sports forum under the same roof.
  7. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to... but...maybe...um...I don't know....we'll see..
    • Creative Creative x 1