1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Prison Break..probably will sink fast...Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KimPossible, Oct 3, 2007.

1. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Prison Break just keeps getting better and better :icon_eek: It was so good tonight...only two more new episodes left so I hope they placate those damn writers! It's really the only show I must watch "live" (though I wait til 8:15 so I can fast forward through the commercials) and I get so engrossed it can make time on the eliptical fly by which is a plus...

I don't miss the Sopranos and was only spottily into it...I do miss Deadwood and really liked that show...Entourage is so funny...I still do like Curb...love Heroes but not caught up with it...Weeds is humorous...still love and miss 24...I'm not tired of Jack Bauer yet and didn't think last season was so bad...like Big Love...love House...have lost interest in Lost but watch it here and there...still watch Desperate Housewives but not religiously... Rescue Me is good but not all caught up...the same with Jericho...and I am looking forward to the return of The Tudors...Dexter is a show I have recently watched which is now on my dvr list....I usually catch up on "my shows" late at night when everything else is done.

Except I HAVE to watch Prison Break! :icon_eek: Thank goodness I never work on Mondays!

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    KP

Another HBO series that was really gooooood was Rome It's over now but you can watch it on HBO on Demand if you're a Comcast Cable customer.

Everyone raves about "The Wire". It seems that I got into it too late to really catch on.

Another good series was "OZ" I watched it with my son. Not sure I would have watched it as religiously if we weren't watching it together. Rough, rough show. So well done though.

3. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Rome is good. I have not watched them all yet. I like the historical dramas like Rome, The Tudors, Deadwood, I guess....I got "The Wire" dvds as gifts and I am pretty sure I will like them...Oz is another show that at some point I might check out :icon_wink:

Prison Break should be very good next week. There is duplicity going on at every level. And I am hopeful that if the writer's resolve their issues soon, maybe there can be a 24 this season...even an abbreviated season would be ok with me. And a full season of PB. It would be fun to see what Jack Bauer is up to.

The forum is working good and fast right now.

4. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    IMO the best television series ever was, "Action" AKA Action: The Complete Series

5. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    But, but, but... I thought you said that....
    A few?:icon_tease:
    For the most part - my TV is just a good dust collector when it isn't football season. It sometimes goes weeks without being turned on at all :icon_shrug:

I do like 24, just watch so little TV that I never remember to turn it on :lol:

There was a show I got "hooked on" and always watched a number of years ago... X-Files. Would fix supper and snuggle up on the couch to watch it. Alas both are gone now... (no, not the couch, it's still here:lol:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Regarding "House"

I wish I would have made this post a few weeks ago... I would have been considered a TV guru had I posted what I was thinking at the time. :lol::lol::lol:

When Dr. House fired Amber, I was shocked. I knew that they had to look long and hard to cast Dr House's "female twin" and just couldn't see them letting her go so quickly. In fact, I thought that Amber, "CB" and Taub were shoe ins to get the Fellowship...right from the beginning.

I kept thinking that they had to somehow find a way to bring her back. Well wouldn't ya know.. Amber seems to be back, but in a different role. She's not a "Fellow"...BUT.. she has a "fellow" :icon_mrgreen:

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    You'll like S1 of PB...it's really good. This week's episode was good too...I'm kinda sad the series is taking a "winter" break after Monday's upcoming finale (the writer's strike) I am still hoping for an abbreviated season of 24...Rome is good and I'm glad you're recovered. That injury was a big deal. :icon_wink:

House is a show I like to watch for his character...he amuses me and he's pretty cute...the weekly "plot" is secondary although I do wish I knew what happened to the doctor in Antarctica that House was diagnosing and had a little crush on...my dumb dvr only taped half of that episode after the super bowl game...well maybe it was me who was dumb not to make sure it was taping...I wasn't very happy when right in the middle it suddenly said "done".

Your puppy is a cutie pie. I bet Alina likes him.

8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...I think it might be on iTunes too and I do have a gift card laying around...first I'll try the website. I'm sleepy now.

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I guess it's up to the writers :icon_eek: At least now Fox is calling this a "winter" hiatus for PB so I have hope it will be back for the second half of the season...I am still hoping for 12 :icon_huh: I'd take an abbreviated 24...I kinda of miss crazy Jack Bauer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Well Fox must have re-aired that arctic House episode because it popped up tonight on my dvr (the entire episode) so now I get to watch the second half I missed...the dvr must have known I was mad at it.

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    For those who have Showtime...

The Tudors is coming back on next month season two...I find this show very compelling and interesting...the first season was only ten episodes and is being re-aired now on ST and also ST on Demand...I think the dvd's are available on Netflix. Definitely worth the time investment.

http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do?source=shocom_nav?paidsearch=snipsgoogle

If you like any type of historical drama, I recommend it. Even if you don't.

12. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]Oooooooohhhhh... lusty wenches!:yes::lol:
    [​IMG]
    <object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bfFXo_3ZbM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425">
    :frightened:
    </object>​

13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Well I'm counting down the days until that one gets her head cut off :mad: I don't like her...I like the Queen...(that little eek guy is cute!)
    Henry does get around [​IMG]

14. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Pudgy soccer kid really is a good kid who got kind of railroaded into Sona (which makes American prisons look like the Four Seasons :icon_eek: ) I think he will be ok and we may not see him anymore as now I believe the show is going to focus on our main group of guys...The boys lost track of "Whistler" which is a big deal...after Monday I don't know when PB is coming back on...:icon_huh:

[​IMG]
    (I stole him)

15. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Fox says 24 Season 7 return in 2008

:icon_eek:

http://www.fox.com/24/

That's definitely good!

I'm not feeling so well today and yesterday I had so much energy :icon_huh: I hardly ever get sick...and was just commenting on it recently...I'll never do that again.

How do I do a screen capture? :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Oh yeah! I forgot! (I have a fever :icon_eek: )

With Prison Break and 24 you don't ask for explanations...you just accept it...:icon_huh:

17. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    Lil ole innocent moi?:icon_huh:

*quickly polishes his shiny new halo* [​IMG]

Pwease donta kill me Mam [​IMG]

:lol:

18. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0

She does have that haughty biatch look to her... awf wit her head!!:lol:
    [​IMG]

On the other hand, En-or-ri's sis is just hawt:yes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]OMG!!! You smilie snatcher you!!

I'm gonna have to report you to the SPSS (Society for the Prevention of Smilie Snatches)
    :icon_tease:

19. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    Screen capture... you mean like this?
    [​IMG]

Well, first you have to be berry, berry quiet so you can sneak up on it...:lol:

Two ways...

You can press the "Print Screen" button, then open up the "Paint" program (it's under "Accessories" on the start menu), and then press Control-V to paste the screen capture into it. The problem with that is Paint is horrible to edit, crop, resize with.

The better way is to get IrfanView (it's free) and use it's screen capture program (it's under the "Options" menu). Then you can capture, select and crop out the part you want, resize it, etc. all in Irfanview easily before saving the file. It comes in handy for any kind of quick picture stuff like resizing, converting, cropping, adjusting color, etc..
    Hmmmm....:icon_huh: You and Chippie are both a bit under the weather. On top of that, she wants to kill me, you want to behead the Tudor wench. :icon_shrug:Something in the water?:lol: In your case maybe even withdrawal symptoms from PB?:unsure: Full moon?:icon_eek:

Hopefully you didn't get whatever the nasty flu bug is that is going around this year. Be a good girl, eat some hot chicken soup, and get some good rest. Then call me in the morning:icon_rofl:

(Seriously, hope you get to feeling much better and are perky again soonest)

20. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the screen cap info...I'll download it soon. Thanks also for the get well wishes...today is the worst sick day I have had in a while...I'm half better now but I'm definitely not perky. The worst thing is the headache. It's not influenza :icon_eek: just some other lesser virus...I guess some nasty germs slipped past my "super" immunity :icon_eek: Thank goodness I always have Mondays off.

Night all.

Tomorrow night, PB finale...

21. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhh :unsure: Can't be that 'lesser' if it slipped past your "super" immunity:no: Hope you wake up refreshed enough to enjoy your day off:yes: Drink some OJ before bed.... vitamin C ;) Oh... and a nice hot shower might help with the headache... and make you sleep better (more relaxed).:tup:

Sleep well [​IMG]

22. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Well I know I'm getting better because after not eating all day I have the sudden craving for a strawberry Pop-Tart :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    Follow the directions above. To resize, right click on the file you just created and open with MS Photo Editor. Came with Windows XP and Vista. Crop, resize, adjust as you see fit.

24. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the print screen instructions.