1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quack quack...

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by !~BOLT~!, Oct 27, 2007.

1. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Go Ducks, Dixon should definitely be considered in the hiesman talks. What a stand the D made today, can't believe this game was fsn, talk about east coast bias.

If this team wins out and is not in the title game it will be another travesty struck upon eugene. this is all...
  2. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Man... The feeling in Eugene is awesome, just like 05 but even better. I've been to every home game so far, and there is no way I'm missing this week. It's too bad Paysinger and Colvin had to go down. Could be even better...

Jstew is an animal, I've been to the gym in the offseason when he is throwing down windmill dunks..(no joke) The improvement in Dixon's decision making is amazing. Although he scares me sometimes when he doesn't tuck the ball away on scrambles. The real stars are on the offensive line though, maturity and experience are the reason for our success. Also gotta give it up to Chip Kelly and his play calling.

One more thing, look for the continued and enlarged role of Ed Dickson at tightend. Great athlete who can move and control his body. Lute Olson offered him a scholarship to play basketball... Gotta love those basketball playing tightends.

Go Ducks.
  3. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    We have to take care of the Sun Devils and pray the buckeyes or BC go down to get into the title game though. That pretty much sucks ***. Our strength of schedule alone should give us a title bid if/when we win out. Man I miss Oregon.
  4. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I feel that... Oregon is going crazy. You're right, our strength of schedule is pretty insane.

Yea I'm worried about the Sundevils a bit. I like our D's chances against Carpenter though, since he doesn't move that well. Locker killed us because of his running ability, and even Sanchez moved around pretty well. Against the slower quarterbacks our defense has played pretty well.

Hopefully we can pull out the win this week. Looking down the road a bit, it would be awesome if Michigan could take down Ohio State. That would be awesome. Go Ducks.
  5. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. It's been awesome. Last night was great, such a beautiful night for football. Our lines are wearing thin though.. John Bacon our 2nd string linebacker, starting for AJ Tuitele the starter out with a broken foot, is now out with torn acl. So we have a freshman starting. Plus all the injuries that everyone already knows about, we are really showing our youth.
  6. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ohio State goes down! We now control our own destiny.
  7. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see Oregon in the game, but as someone "without a dog in this hunt" ...... I do think LSU, Oklahoma, and Kansas are all better teams than Oregon.

Also, the "powers that be" will probably keep Ohio State in the top 3-4, which is a load of crap, IMO.
  8. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    I don't think osu, could play with oregon, nor do i think Lsu or Kansas would be a safe bet vs. the ducks. Oklahoma would be a good game, granted we finish out. We would destroy Kansas.
  9. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    If Kansas or Oklahoma or Missouri win out, then the Ducks won't make it to the title game (assuming that LSU also wins out).

Strength of schedule will kill Oregon. Their remaining opponents are middle of the pack crappy teams.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 and SEC teams SoS will increase, with both their remaining opponents, and their conference championship games vs quality teams. I don't see how Oregon makes it to the title game without multiple teams losing. Honestly, USC, Cal and Michigan are rated too high, and that's helping the Ducks right now, but if any of those former opponents lose again (and they all might), the Ducks lose too.

BCS might not be decided until last day of regular season - ESPN

10. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Dennis apparently suffered a mild concussion in practice yesterday. He's supposed to be ready for the game. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

As for the BCS, if we take care of things on our end we should be fine. Oklahoma would have to put on a show in their upcoming games. Kansas has a tough road, and IMO their schedule has been really week, especially their nonconference games. They'll be tested in the upcoming weeks however, if they manage to beat Missouri they will play Oklahoma in the Big12 championship... I'm thinking that'll work itself out. It's time for us to take of business.

One disappointment for me this year is most people don't realize how huge the injuries were to our team. Jeremiah Johnson is awesome, and takes away a huge threat in the backfield next to Dixon and Stewart. Those three were a true triumvirate. Paysinger was a better reciever than Jaison Williams, and Colvin was finally fulfilling his potential. I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish by saying this, but it's something along the lines of feeling sorry for those guys... Missing out on a great year.
  11. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Thanks chispa, love hearing duck pub!
  12. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Very cool. Thanks both of you for pointing it out. I agreed with most of the things he said. Glad to see he's getting a little love.
  13. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    The injuries finally killed us. I'm worried about the rest of the season, especially with possibility of a Jonathan Stewart injury. If Dennis is done as well as JStew, we have nothing.
  14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was a long shot for the Duckies, but an Oregon vs Kansas Nat'l Champ game would have been cool. Fresh teams.

Sorry Duck fans ......
  15. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Worse news.. Dixon tore his ACL.

As for the longshot, I guess it may have been. Although 14 of those points were poor execution/product of circumstance. 7 were from Leaf's first pass. Another 7 of **** punt coverage. I'm proud of our defense for only surrendering 17 or so legitimate points. I'm positive with a healthy Dixon things would've been different, but that's the way it goes. I hope for him it doesn't hurt his draft stock too much.
  16. sacko20

sacko20 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess Oregan isnt much of a team without thier star QB :D
  17. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Whatever man. Before Dennis was hurt we still had horrible injuries, namely our #1 and #2 receivers Brian Paysinger and Cameron Colvin, along with our OTHER star running back Jeremiah Johnson. Even with these awful injuries and second team recievers, we still put up points like it rains in Oregon. Now that Dennis is gone we are running what is basically a second team offense (or worse) at the skill positions, aside from Jonathan Stewart. People scoff at our defense, but if we're scoring 30+ touchdowns in under two minutes, the other team's offense is going to have the ball. A lot. That means yards and possibly points. They are definitely underrated and having been playing at a high level all year. Even with injuries throughout the linebacking core.

I look forward to seeing the constitution of this team in the upcoming weeks. Bellotti is a good coach and the guys on the team don't want the smell of roses taken from them. Look for wins on intestinal fortitude and coaching alone.

Not to blow up at you, but unless you saw us throughout the year, you really don't know what kind of team we are or were.