1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Questions at LT Plague Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Written by Marty Caswell

The questions at left tackle for the San Diego Chargers are about as big as the third base carousel for the Padres, but left guard Kris Dielman has all the confidence that someone will break through.

With the news that Roman Oben would miss at least the first six games after he was placed on the PUP (physically unable to perform) with a injured foot, the task now falls to rookie Marcus McNeil or Leander Jordan, who replaced Oben in the starting lineup last season.
    However, McNeil sat out the last game with a broken hand and Jordan left the game early with a shoulder stinger. He did not practice on Monday and is listed as day-to-day. With one pre-season game left against the 49ers before the season-opener against the Oakland Raiders on September 11th, it appears very likely Cory Lekkerkerker will start with the first-string offense and could even be slotted to start the season.

"Leander, I think he will be all right," said Dielman. "He just had a stinger. McNeil's hand is getting better and he'll be able to play. Roman's foot is kind of a toss-up. I don't care who I play with as long as they're ready to go and we win."

"I'm confident in Lekk, Roman, Leander and Marcus. There's four left tackles that we have that are good left tackles. They all bring something different and I can deal with all of them. I like playing with all four of them."

Asked if the same confidence would apply should Lekkerkerker, a 6'7 323 pound undrafted tackle out of UC Davis, line up along side him to protect the blindside of a first-year quarterback, Dielman sounded confident that Lekkerkerker would capable of the task.

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/content/view/252/4/

Click the link for the full article.
  2. The Admiral

The Admiral BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    the only problem plagueing the Chargers at tackle that i see
    is that we still have Jordan on the team !
  3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0