1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RANT: Banning Low Def. TV!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fouts, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 3 / -0
    I only have 1 TV in my house, and to be honest mostly because of the Chargers. We read more than anything, and we didn't want a TV in our room, because I want to go to sleep and not flip through channels until I fall alseep. Not to mention, become dependent on the soft glow of TV to fall asleep.

Anyway, last week during the Charger/Raider game, I heard a BURST of cheering from the Raider family 3 doors down, a few seconds before Philip Rivers snapped the ball on that fateful play. I have noticed HD feed vs regular feed are not synced up!!! This used to be a problem in my old house, when 5 houses in a row had the Chargers game going, and you would hear cheers from the regular feed houses...

This pisses me off... Why can't they sync these feeds??!!! :(

Anyone have this problem with your neighbors?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,586 / 29 / -1
    You don't, by chance, have DVR do you?

3. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 3 / -0
    yes, but if their feed is ahead on mine, I can't catch up. If it were reverse, well, I guess I wouldn't care, but supposing, I had another low-def TV to set up, I can pause, and sync it myself.

Or are you suggesting something else?

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    That's your issue. Using a DVR automatically delays your feed by up to a few secs.

5. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 3 / -0
    I am NOT using DVR, and always watch live, so now that is established, if it was not already, we can move FWD. :)

I know that a high def cable box feed, and 1996 wire out of the wall feed are not in sync, I can only explain hearing my **** Raider fan neighbors cheering ahead of the fumble/TD to them using the 1996 wire out of the wall as their primary cable feed.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    the people on our block don't speak English let alone watch football

:flag:

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,586 / 29 / -1
    I was figuring maybe you accidentally hit pause or rewind on the live feed or something, but if you were messing with it then you probably would have noticed if it was just that.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,302 / 12 / -5
    If you have Satellite (like I do), your delay is always about 3 seconds. If you watch on a DVR box, add one second.

I have noticed that digital cable boxes are also 2 seconds or so behind any "live" feed. Add another second if using a DVR.

Any chance you can watch OTA (over the air)? That might remove any delay you see. BTW, OTA signals aren't compressed so the picture quality is actually better.