1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Report: Chris Williams on his way to visit Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    Former Bears first-rounder Chris Williams is apparently going to take his time making a decision on his next employer.
    After working out for the Eagles and Cardinals, his next stop is with the Chargers, according to Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 in Phoenix.
    Williams is smart to try to create as much market for himself as he can, by ferrying around to as many teams with suspect lines as possible.
    But we should also remember he was deemed surplus to requirements by a Bears line which hasn’t been that good for years.
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    Also noted:

Williams would be smart to pick a team willing to let him play left guard, where he has played his best ball.
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    We need a tackle, but were looking at a guard?....... sounds like a plan. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    I don't recall him being very good at guard either but what the heck, he might be better than Green
  5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    Maybe we move Green to RG and Harris over to RT

Gaither, Williams, Hardwick, Green, Harris

Im not very good at analyzing line men to be honest, but I do know our right side has been beaten down like no ones business.

Also maybe Williams is a better run blocker than Green and in our "New offense" we're going to run a heck of a lot more.
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    Well, our main problem is O-line, and our first look was WR. Even if our "big problem" is Tackle, at least they're looking at linemen.
  7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 15 / -1
    The market's pretty scarce and that's putting it mildly. The dregs of the barrel have already been dragged and what's left is just... blech. I'd be more inclined to make a signing off another team's practice squad (as at least those guys are in playing shape and have been getting regular practice reps week-to-week).

Really it's 6 of one, half dozen of another at this point. You're picking among Matt Kopa (NE's PS), Jeff Adams (Cincy's PS), Matt McCants (NYG's PS), Matt Reynolds (Philly's PS), and Al Netter (SF's PS, though more of a RT/OG tweener)... or the oh so impressive Alex Barron, Trai Essex, Kareem McKenzie, Tony Moll, or of course the healthy-less-often-than-even-Gaither Jeff Otah.

In short form, we're pretty well hosed.
  8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    He actually played LT in 2009 and was the starter in 2010 but then moved back to LG.

When he debuted at LT in 2009 he shut down Terrell Suggs AND Jared Allen..

This could be for more versatility for the OL. I'm guessing either Harris or Hadnot will be cut, Harris potentially going to the PS. But, I do think they know if they release him to the PS he could be signed elsewhere. So I think it will be Hadnot.
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Want not, Hadnot. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    I truly believe that this guy has earnt himself a T-shirt at the very least BLEW !!!

Get on it Slacker...... ;)