1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ricky Williams - No Reinstatement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shamrock, May 11, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I will never get glaucoma thanks to the miracles of weed.

Did you know that a study was concluded which showed weed grew brain cells in mice in the hypocampus regions of the brain?

I am a walking Einstein E=mc2 :lol:
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    :tup: :tup:
  3. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Gees, that's my problem! Duh, I'da bin smarter but I never used weed. :yes:

If'n only I knew.
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0

Trumpie .... The Man, the Myth, the Hornblower ....

... corrupting the Youth of the world since he was one ......

:lol:
  5. BoltsFanUK

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    who says i gonna smoke it though
  6. BoltsFanUK

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

He can't introduce me to beer..he's way too late:yes: :yes:
  7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    Keep toking, Einstein. By the way, it's spelled hippocampus. :icon_rofl: :lol:
  8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Lil shiits went home and told mom. :lol: Concudan really could not say anything after he got the "look" from the wife. :icon_eek:
  9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I was testing you all. :yes:
  10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Is there a real good arguement on why marijuana Should be legal? I'd like to hear it. I tried it the second time to see if I didn't like it the first time. It put me to sleep.

If you've ever been involved in collective barganing the employer and the Union are looking out for what's best for themselves. There is NO benefit for either side to tolerate illegal drugs of anykind. They're ILLEGAL!

My last contract gave me $9.00 over 3 yrs. taking us to over $40.00 per hour. Not including benefits. All I have to do is pass a pre hire and post accident drug screen and show up for work. Doesn't sound too hard to me.

For 20 mill over 5 yrs. I'd give up drinking beer and jacking off!
  11. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    man ricky williams is a real retard
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Medical marijuana has been legalized in 12 States so far (California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, Vermont, New Mexico, Nevada, etc etc). By this time next year, projections show around half of the United States will have legalized it.

Federally funded studies just concluded showed the medical efficacy of the demon weed for peripheral neuropathy, lung tumors etc etc etc.

"If" your employer will allow you to work while medicated on Oxycontin or any type of painkiller (percocet, etc etc), weed is no different.
  13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    My empolyer or any others that I know of, anywhere' don't allow you to work while taking legal or illegal drugs like your discribing.:icon_huh:

Federal studies have also told us how many orgasims a pig has yet we can't use stem cells to cure people. I'm still not buying your arguement. :no:

I have anal glycoma ( can't see my *** being at work) and turrets and I know pot won't help.
    Fact is that pot dulls the reactions. You can't tell me it doesn't because it's true.

Bring me a REAL reason to legalize marijuana. That's all I'm asking.
  14. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Marijuana can be used as "Biomass" fuel, where the pulp (hurd) of the hemp plant can be burned as is or processed into charcoal, methanol, methane, or gasoline. This process is called destructive distillation, or 'pyrolysis.' Fuels made out of plants like this are called 'biomass' fuels. This charcoal may be burned in today's coal-powered electric generators. Methanol makes a good automobile fuel, in fact it is used in professional automobile races. It may someday replace gasoline.

Link

:icon_shrug:
  15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Generally, federally funded double blind studies are the standard in the industry. It gets no better in other words. The University at San Fran. just concluded there are medical applications. The University at San Diego found different medical applications. Again, your government is not happy with the results. :icon_eek:

I did not say weed does not dull the senses. That is not to be interpreted as being incapacitated either.

One of the most famous federal weed patients is Irvin Rosenfeld (successful stockbroker). He is one of 12 people allowed to use weed as medicine because it helps these people stay alive and cope with their conditions (this dude has bone tumors). After a while, you build up a tolerance and you do not get high but you do get the pain relief with no appreciable side effects like your liver or kidneys getting falling out your asss such as from prescription drugs.

If you do have Tourettes Syndrome, I can show you studies or forums where patients actually have found relief from the symptoms.

Your choices are simple - Indica or Sativa for weed.

*Indica is for chronic pain
    *Sativa is for mental health (depression, anxiety, bi-polar, Tourettes etc etc).

Most do not even know that weed was in the medical journals as a treatment until the government passed laws which were based in racial bigotry and no scientific fact.

Believe it. :yes:
  16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Hemp farming should be made legal. You could smoke a whole field of that **** and it would not do dick. There is no THC (the good **** in weed for the unsavvy) in hemp.

Hemp can be used for clothing, paper, rope, bio-mass fuel, protein shakes and is legal in Canada and a few other countries to farm. Farmers in the United States are getting fuc't. Oh well.
  17. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Fuel, fiber, food, medicine.

Educate yourself (not you T, people in general).
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    And I have not even biitched about the two lower bulging discs in my back that the doctors wanted to cut on. Fuc them. A strong indica controls the pain to where I can jump in and out of whatever mess I get into without screwing up my back and getting laid up for a week. It is just too bad people can be mass media brain washed but that is just the way it is.

U either lead, follow or get the fuc outta the way.

Where's my effing lighter? :abq2: :nana_rasta: :icon_high:
  19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    You give up beer? :icon_rofl:

One out of two aint bad! Maybe you can get 10 million for that.
  20. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Are you suggesting thats why Ricky can run fast?
  21. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    What a great guy. I'll bet the kids he's fathered out of wedlock think he's a great Dad .... living in tents, running from responsibility, smoking dope.

Yep.

Too bad those alimony/child support payments are still going to be required. After throwing all his money away by paying to become a hippie, those kids of his - absent father and all - are the ones who will pay for Ricky's stupidity.

Turd. Flush him.
  22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    Welp there's a nay vote from Texas on the emotion meter. :lol:

That was strong tho Sham.
  23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    State Assembly Approves Hemp Farming Bill

Posted by CN Staff on May 10, 2007 at 15:40:44 PT
    By Samantha Young, Associated Press Writer
    Source: Associated Press

Sacramento, CA -- The state Assembly on Thursday approved legislation that would allow farmers to grow hemp, narrowly overcoming objections that it violates federal drug laws and could put growers behind bars.
    The bill by Assemblyman Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, would legalize the cultivation of industrial hemp, a biological relative of marijuana used to make clothing, paper, soap, cosmetics and food.

"This is an agricultural product that will provide jobs to our communities," said Anthony Adams, R-Hesperia, who voted to support the bill, against the majority of his party. "This is an agricultural product we currently use."

U.S. manufacturers currently import processed hemp to use in their products because it is illegal to grow in the United States.

Lawmakers voted 41-29 to pass the legislation. If senators approve it, the bill would need Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature. Bill Maile, a spokesman for the governor, said he had not yet taken a position on the measure, although Schwarzenegger vetoed a similar bill last year.

In his 2006 veto message, Schwarzenegger said legalizing hemp farming in California would give farmers a "false sense of security" because the practice is against federal law.

Under current national drug control policy, industrial hemp can be imported, but it can't be grown in the United States except with permits from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, which are difficult to get.

Some object to growing hemp because the plant contains tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the same drug that gives marijuana its intoxicating effect. (edit: trust me this **** will not get a fly high) The California bill would require that hemp crops contain less than three-tenths of 1 percent of THC, significantly lower than the amount commonly found in marijuana.

Critics said legalizing hemp farming would send the wrong message to anti-drug efforts and complicate law enforcement efforts because marijuana plants could be hidden in hemp fields.

"At the end of the day, the cultivation of this crop in California will still be a federal crime," said Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian, R-Stockton. "I don't want to put a farmer in my district, or your district, in jeopardy."

Supporters said the state has legal standing to enact its own law after the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2004 ruled that the DEA did not have authority to regulate hemp.

The bill positions California among at least 10 other states seeking to legalize hemp farming in what supporters say has become a $300 million-a-year import business, mostly from Canada and Europe.

On the Net:

Read AB 684 at: http://www.assembly.ca.gov
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Soy's New Competition: Hemp

Posted by CN Staff on May 11, 2007 at 17:04:37 PT
    By Janet Cromley, Times Staff Writer
    Source: Los Angeles Times

California -- Like a bloodhound, Gira Balistreri is racing through the palatial Whole Foods Market in El Segundo, sniffing out some of her favorite foods.
    A new employee at the 65,000-square-foot flagship store, she goes directly to several shelves of hemp shakes and snacks, then trots over to tidy rows of hemp butter and oil, then rushes down an aisle and snaps up a fresh package of hemp tortillas on her way to the hemp bars, hemp bread and hemp bagels.

"Hemp," she says excitedly, "is just an awesome seed."

Balistreri isn't alone in her devotion. In the last two years, sales of hemp food products in markets and grocery stores rose by more than 50%, propelling the unassuming seed to an $8.6-million industry, according to SPINS, a market research and consulting firm for the natural products industry.

Hemp foods began filtering into grocery stores about five years ago, after the 1998 legalization of industrial hemp farming in Canada. The U.S. currently prohibits commercial cultivation of industrial hemp, but allows the import of seeds, oil, flour and other byproducts to be manufactured into ready-to-eat foods in the U.S.
    The plant's shelled seed, or nut, can be added to baked goods and nutritional supplements and bars, sprinkled onto other foods such as salads and yogurt, or eaten alone as a snack. The seed can also be milled into flour, which can be used for baked goods, and pressed to make oil, which can be used in salad dressings, dips, spreads and sauces.

(Due to its high unsaturated fat content, hemp oil must be refrigerated and is unsuitable for frying.)

There are hundreds of hemp foods now available online and on supermarket shelves, says Robin Rogosin, a certified nutritionist and buyer for Whole Foods Market. Rogosin estimates that the chain's selection has tripled in the last year. Hemp milk, the newest addition, is flying off the shelves, she says.

"We're shipping truckloads — 60,000 liters of it so far," confirms Mike Fata, president and co-founder of Canada's Manitoba Harvest, which introduced Hemp Bliss milk in March.

Snipped:

Complete Article: http://tinyurl.com/2xt3py
  24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Pssst...Shh........>>>>> The government does not want you to know about this. Can you guess why ? Take a guess. C'mon...guess!!!!

Source: WebMD

Los Angeles -- Cannabis may be bad for the lungs, but the active ingredient in marijuana may help combat lung cancer, new research suggests.
    In lab and mouse studies, the compound, known as THC, cut lung tumor growth in half and helped prevent the cancer from spreading, says Anju Preet, PhD, a Harvard University researcher in Boston who tested the chemical.

While a lot more work needs to be done, “the results suggest THC has therapeutic potential,” she tells WebMD.

Moreover, other early research suggests the cannabis compound could help fight brain, prostate, and skin cancers as well, Preet says.

The findings were presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.

The finding builds on the recent discovery of the body’s own cannabinoid system, Preet says. Known as endocannabinoids, the natural cannabinoids stimulate appetite and control pain and inflammation.

THC seeks out, attaches to, and activates two specific endocannabinoids that are present in high amounts on lung cancer cells, Preet says. This revs up their natural anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation can promote the growth and spread of cancer.

In the new study, the researchers first demonstrated that THC inhibited the growth and spread of cells from two different lung cancer cell lines and from patient lung tumors. Then, they injected THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells. After three weeks, tumors shrank by about 50%, compared with tumors in untreated mice. :yes:

Preet notes that animals injected with THC seem to get “high,” showing signs of clumsiness and getting the munchies. :lol: :nana_rasta: :icon_high: (edit: their mice are effing lightweights) :yes: “You would expect to see the same thing in humans, so if this work does pan out, getting the dose right is going to be all important,” she says.

Paul B. Fisher, PhD, a professor of clinical pathology at Columbia University, says that though the work is “interesting,” it’s still very early.

“The issue with using a drug of this type becomes the window of concentration that will be effective. Can you physiologically achieve what you want without causing unwanted effects?” he tells WebMD.

Sources: Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, Los Angeles, April 14-18, 2007. Anju Preet, PhD, division of experimental medicine, Harvard University, Boston. Paul B. Fisher, PhD, professor of clinical pathology, Columbia University, New York City.

Note: Cannabis Compound Slows Cancer Spread in Mice, Researchers Say.

Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Source: WebMD (US)
    Author: Charlene Laino, WebMD Medical News
    Published: April 17, 2007
    Copyright: 2007 WebMD Inc.