1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers is dead to me...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by edog2434, Oct 15, 2012.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Yeah he has to make better decisions. But you just absolved the OL by saying it's all on Rivers. Give me a break. And sugar coating the OL stuff? They're 'sub-par'??? No, they suck.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

Our D got fukked. Look at the field position they were handed bc of Phils negligence.

Our O only earned ONE touchdown. They were handed the ball inside the red zone twice (which only turned into 10 points), then the D got a pick 6. Hard for me to blame the D here, especially going against a HOF QB who is known for big 2nd half come backs. Phil lip damn rivers, killed us, again.
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Wait, we should watch two teams with mobile quarterbacks and one team with an elite O-line and a QB throwing the ball less than ten yards down the field to see how an immobile QB behind a bad line throwing the ball to receivers running routes 15+ yds down the field should look like? Really?
  4. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings Received:
    +334 / 0 / -0
    Fire Norv
    Fire AJ
    Fix the O Line
    See Rivers improve once again
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    In the past, when Rivers would throw deep my thought was "great, here comes a TD" now its "damn, here comes another INT", I don't like feeling that way, but more often than not it's true, I hate not trusting him anymore, hope that changes
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    Come on! What were you watching! Manning was a statue out there and Rivers looked like he had epolepsy....

(/sarcasm)
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    Agree.
  8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Then why have the Steelers invested numerous first and second round draft picks on offensive lineman in the last 20 years?
  9. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    The o-line works much better when Battle starts the game. He has a straight ahead style that give the 0-line some confidence. Mathews is good but he is WAY to jumpy. Battle would have done a little more damage to the strength to the Donks. Remember Denver is also coming down to a lower altitude and they will have much more stamina than SD.
  10. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    Rivers is an above average quarterback but not elite. He is our best option right now. The main problem is without a great line his lack of mobility is amplified and it showed last night. His poor decisions were inexcusable for an experienced starter. Who knows, maybe if Norv and AJ go PR will step up to the plate for the new coach.
  11. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    The hell does that have to do with anything? How many first round picks have we invested at CB?
  12. phillyBoltfan

phillyBoltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude you must be out of your mind if u believe thats gonna fix our issues! He has no number 1 reciever with a punk azz Oline! AJ signed this scrub named Clary and got rid of our big time reciever!! Stop the nonsense!
  13. phillyBoltfan

phillyBoltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    U would not be saying this 2 years ago!! Smh! U know Rivers was number 1 untill the AJ and VJ beef!
  14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    HAHAHAHAHA, the Norman know it all's still whining like little school girls that mean old River's pulled their panties down. I love it when the b1tches cry on and on as if it matters, what makes it even more pleasing is how buttfuck stupid they prove themselves out to be. I love it!!!!!!
  15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    the last time I counted they have six Lombardis and we have? They know to win games, you have to win the battle at the line of scrimage.
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    I hope the Bolt's do trade River's, he deserves to play for an owner that wants to win.
  17. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

The steelers have a very sub par o line.. I Am not supporting the fact we don't draft olinemen before the 5th round, I am just saying the fact you draft an olinemen In the first does not guarantee solid players. To be honest when Gaither is in, our o line is pretty good. Clary has his problems, but just look and see how well (on the stat sheet) our o line does when Gaither is in. Going back to last year when he just stepped in, it's pretty impressive.

I don't like what aj has done in regards to letting sproles and vj walk, I think he should have locked them down before he dropped those expensive *** franchise tenders then let thn go. However I believe he has done some solid drafting the last couple years and has done well bringing in solid vets like spikes,Johnson,Franklin,big by,royal,meachem,McClain.
  18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Once Dean told him to abandon his bs, then he brought in vets. Granted he's had 2 years of decent drafts, hard to say how good they are yet though. But the Davis-Cason-English thing ****** this team good. And he hasn't bolstered the OL in a long time. Relying on Gaither to stay healthy was really stupid.
  19. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

Who was our number one w in 2010? Rivers best season as a pro? Tutu? Naanae? --go back and watch our o line when Gaither is healthy..

Study some other rt in the game,watch how the qbs actually get rid of the ball when they feel pressure...let me be clear, they get rid of the ball to their own team.
  20. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

Dean is a pussy...AJ knew he was fukin up and cares enough about his name and rep that he turned it around..dean isn't putting anyone in their place, just like he made excuses for Phillip last year. I'll never forget when he said "well sometimes qbs just have off years"...that sums it all up.
  21. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Fc name the last 5 years first round picks from the: steelers, bears, texans, giants, packers...some hit some miss, it sucks buster couldn't stay healthy and English n Cason aren't studs, but both will have jobs for years to come...could be worse
  22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    gotta disagree. AJ should have known he was ******* up for before that. Then with his job on the line and given a reprieve from Dean, he goes 180 on FAs. No coincidence there. Don't get me wrong, I think Dean is a pussy too, if only because it took him so long to rein in AJs bizarre draft and asinine FA acquisition strategies.
  23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Who misses 3 in a row? And backs them up with a pile of sheet. It wasn't like he was scoring in the 2nd rounds over those year either. I'll be shocked if English has a job after this year. Cason might make a decent backup for a team that really needs a backup. Those are 3 busts. No way to spin that. To say nothing of overpaying for Hester.
  24. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    My only beef with aj is his ego and stubbornness. He needs to put the team first, otherwise I think he's definitely better than average as far as a talent evaluator. We are spoiled as bolt fans, go browse through some dolphin, raider, brown, Viking, ram,and cardinal drafts.
  25. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

But since then...Mathews, butler, Thomas, stuckey, wright, liuget, gilchrist, Ingram, v brown, molk, l green....that's over the last 3 years, pair that up with Johnson,spikes,Franklin,McClain,bigby,gaither,royal etc, I'd say he's not doing all that bad
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    If he keeps doing what he did the past year, yeah we'll get better. If he regresses to his 2007-9 bs (due to his ego and stubbornness) we'll be right back to mediocrity.
  27. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

Agreed..
  28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Butler was a great pick. Stuckey not so sure about, but 4th round, whatever, no loss if he doesn't pan out. Same with Thomas.
    Mathews might have paid a bit much for--big risk for an injury prone back. But the guy has talent.
    Last 2 years he's done better, for sure.
  29. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Dude, stuckey is a BEAST of a st'er. All those kids are young, but have very promising futures.
  30. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Don't see him as a starter ever, but sure, good STer.