1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers is dead to me...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by edog2434, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
    Every team needs an Osgood....... as long as they understand their proper place, and don't have delusions of grandeur. ;)

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,611 / 29 / -1
    I won't say he's dead to me because that implies that I'll no longer root for him to succeed, which is an asinine notion if I want to keep calling myself a Chargers fan (and I do).

(Don't read that as me saying you're not a Chargers fan if you don't like Rivers or anything stupid like that. It's not what I'm saying.)

But...I will say I'm well past thinking he's an elite QB held back by inept coaching and depleted talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Regardless of Rivers skill level or "issues", Whitehurst is not the answer now or later. With that being said it is time to look for the next Charger QB. Someone that can sit behind Rivers for a couple of years then step in. Hopefully the new regime will also has this thought and take a QB in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 48 / -6
    How easy it is to criticize from the comfortable confines of your cushy davenport wearing your new snuggle with bunny eared house slippers? It all starts up front and the Swiss cheese O-line accounts for most of the problems of this offense. I've seen Peyton, Brady, Big Ben and other true "Elite" QB's play terrible games when the pressure is on, no QB is immune from it as some would like you to believe. It all starts up front, even Rygina was having to work for every yard he got. Fix the O-line and things will get dramatically better of course having WR's that know how to play within the system also helps. Both Meachem and Royal came form simple offense where plays are drawn up in the dirt with QB's of the chuck and duck variety, big difference.

The defensive woes in the second half are as much to blame as any other facet of the team, but it's so much easier to just lay the blame at the QB's feet. Hell, why even care about any other position, we all know the QB runs the whole show.

5. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1

What makes you any different? You are sitting here criticizing me/us for criticizing Phil, yet you sit here and criticize the O line/WR/D to no avail. Ryan had to fight for each yard? Wow what a concept, a RB fighting for yards lol. He was averaging upwards of 5ypc before norv and phillip panicked. --- I'd put good money on the fact you've never sat in a football locker room and surely never stepped foot on the field. Clue...less.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    Can I have your autograph? I bet you have sat in every locker room across this fine nation.

7. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Did you sit shot gun with Hex while taking the short bus to school?

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    after you finish growing up, stop by say in about 20 years and let us know how things are.

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 48 / -6
    How much are you willing to lose, If it ain't in the G's don't waste my time sonny? It's clear to me you don't know your arse from third base, you're nothing more than a parrot.

10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 48 / -6
    H8er, you went to the game and you didn't post any pic's bro what's up with that?. Oh, and Happy belated Birthday.

11. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 8 / -0
  12. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Haha...good times.

13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    I had my camera with me. I was having such a great time seeing people I hadnt seen in almost a year, and having a birthday on that date, I was getting a lot of hugs and kisses and was enjoying every single second that taking pictures on that day didnt enter my mind. The beer was cold, the weather was hot , the friends were great and the barbeque was smoking. Please accept my deepest apologies as I know how much the out of towners enjoy my pictures. I promise the next game I make, I will document it and make you miss home again.

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 48 / -6
    HAHAHAHAHA, okay. I do like them and it always brings me back home for a spell.