1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rmancil Mock 12 12 06

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RMANCIL, Dec 12, 2006.

1. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Here is the latest.

1 Detroit
    Brady Quinn
    QB
    Notre Dame

2 Oakland
    *Jamarcus Russell QB LSU

Arizona
    Joe Thomas
    OT
    Wisconsin

Tampa Bay
    *Calvin Johnson WR
    Georgia Tech

5 Green Bay
    *Dwayne Jarrett
    WR
    Southern California
    Washington
    Gaines Adams DE CLEMSON

7 Houston
    Levi Brown
    OT
    Penn State

8 Cleveland
    *Jake Long
    OT
    Michigan

Minnesota
    Brian Brohm
    QB
    LOUISVILLE

10 St. Louis
    Leon Hall
    CB
    MICHIGAN

San Francisco
    Marcus McCauley
    CB
    Fresno ST

Miami
    Quinn Pitcock
    DT
    OHIO STATE

13 Pittsburgh
    Quentin Moses
    DE
    GEORGIA

14 Buffalo
    Alan Branch
    DT
    Michigan
    15 Tennessee
    *Ted Ginn WR
    Ohio State

16 Atlanta
    Adrian Peterson
    RB
    Oklahoma

Carolina
    Drew Stanton
    QB
    MICHIGAN STATE

Philadelphia
    Paul Posluszny
    OLB
    PENN STATE

19 New York Giants
    Kenny Irons
    RB
    AUBURN

New York Jets
    Michael Bush
    RB
    LOUISVILLE

21 Kansas City
    Jeff Samardzija
    WR
    Notre Dame (MUST COMMIT)

Jacksonville
    Reggie Nelson
    S
    Florida

Denver *Lawrence Jackson
    DE
    Southern California

24 Cincinnati
    Tank Tyler
    DT
    NORTH CAROLINA ST

New England (from Seattle)
    Laron Landry
    S
    LSU
    Dallas Brandon Meriweather
    FS
    Miami

27 New Orleans
    Patrick Willis
    LB
    Mississippi

28 Baltimore *Brandon Siler
    LB
    Florida

New England
    Lamarr Woodley
    OLB
    MICHIGAN

Indianapolis
    Frank Okam
    DT
    TEXAS

Chicago
    Justin Blaylock
    OG
    Texas

32 SD

Michael Griffin
    DB
    TEXAS
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,446 / 19 / -4
    why would Houston take Levi Jones?
    They've got two tackles they actually like in Winston and Spencer

why do we love DBs from Texas so mcuh? :icon_shrug:
    I'm honestly hoping that with the extra 1st we get for turner we can trade up and get Jake Long if he enters the draft. Long and McNeil would be killer book ends and allow Olivea to move over to rg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    wait, we are taking another db from texas? What is it with the bolts and DB's from there? :lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    LOL if I were motivated enough I could dig up that post where you said he was a gawd :lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    BTW guys McCauley will be lucky to crack the late 2nd round he is dogchit. Completely disappeared and is basically looking like an amazing athlete who has never played football before in his life. Williams and McCauley remind me of Obomanu and Aromashodu or however you spell their names... the two 'bling' players from Auburn who people said would be drafted in the mid rounds.
  6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    The main reason I can think of for the Texan to take Jones would be to protect Carr. He can't take a 5 step drop with out running for his life. But I can list a few more.

1) LG Chester Pitts is the only offensive lineman for the Texans to not miss a start this season. Three linemen are currently on IR.

2) 3 3 1 65 Charles Spencer T Pittsburgh( Played OG in college) He is on IR with broken leg
    4 3 2 66 Eric Winston T Miami is a matador

3) Over 20 million additional reasons tied up in the contract with Carr

4) The game is won and lost in the trenches by taking a ot they can move Spencer back to OG if he recovers from his injury.

5) Either that or cut the QB admit that they are a bunch of idiots and draft another QB and do it all over again.

Because they are so good silly boy !

Huff , Jammer now Griffen . Now on the Turner for a 1st ,that isn't going to happen . What will happen is the Jets will offer a 2 nd after a early offer of a 3rd and the Chargers will take that offer.

The Jets have two 2nds and they will part with one of them for the big back. Turner will leave the Bolts in another few years and the Bolts would get nothing for him so they will bite on that offer.
  7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Latest draft news

1) Tennessee junior receiver Robert Meachem said he won't go pro unless the NFL draft advisory committee projects him to be a first rounder in the 2007 NFL draft.

“If they say second round, I’ll definitely be back, because nobody wants to go second round. Trust me,” Meachem said. “When you’re beating up your body and doing things like that, nobody wants to be second round.”

2) Michigan’s Henne, Long staying in school
    Report: QB, OT have ‘unfinished business;’ RB Hart also may return

ANN ARBOR, Mich. - Michigan quarterback Chad Henne and first-team All-America offensive tackle Jake Long announced Thursday that they will return to school for their senior seasons.

“It’s best for me and for the team,” Long said. “I looked into it a little bit, but I never was close to leaving. I really want my degree, and we have unfinished business as a team.”

[​IMG]

USC's Baker, Washington, and Booty to return

Gary Klein Los Angeles Times

USC suffered a mass exodus of draft-eligible juniors after last season, but the Trojans probably will avoid a similar scenario in January.

All-American tackle Sam Baker and running back Chauncey Washington said Saturday that they would return for their final seasons of eligibility.

"I've always said the whole season I want to come back," Baker said after the Trojans' first workout since their upset loss to UCLA. "My dad always talks about just gathering as much information as you can and just trying to figure everything out, but I can't see anything really happening that would change my mind."

Neither can offensive line coach Pat Ruel, who said he has discussed the situation with Baker.

"He's got a chance to be an Outland Trophy guy, which is only going to increase his value," Ruel said.

Defensive end Lawrence Jackson already informed Coach Pete Carroll that he would return and linebacker Keith Rivers said Friday that he requested an NFL evaluation but intended to play his final season.

All-American split end Dwayne Jarrett, regarded as the most likely draft-eligible junior to turn pro, reiterated Saturday that he would wait until after the Rose Bowl against Michigan to make his decision. Nose tackle Sedrick Ellis also is contemplating his options.

Washington said he sent paperwork to the NFL requesting an evaluation and draft prediction, but was aware that he needed another year to prove his talent. Washington sat out the previous two seasons because of academic ineligibility and has been hampered by hamstring and knee problems throughout this season.

He said he was looking forward to playing well in the Rose Bowl and garnering attention that will make him prominent on NFL scouts' radar in 2007.

"I was hurt and playing on one leg for most of the season, so it's going to be crazy to see me play at 100% next year," said Washington, who has rushed for a team-best 736 yards and nine touchdowns.

Jackson, who had only four sacks this season, was relieved to have made his decision.

"At one point I was leaning the other way," he said. "I just finally made up mind and I feel better about it."

Quarterback John David Booty also is draft eligible, but the fourth-year junior said he has no intention of leaving.

"I'm coming back," he said. "There's too much ahead of us and still a lot to learn."

This will be the first time in four seasons that USC will play a bowl game without a possible national title on the line.

Carroll said he did not think motivation would be an issue for the Trojans against a one-loss Michigan team that is intent on proving it belonged in the national championship game against Ohio State.

Ron Mancil was said to be disapointed about the news but he had no comment.

[​IMG]
  8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    Bobby will be drafted @ 32.... :yes:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0

From the looks of that face, I'd say RMANCIL pooped his pants.
  10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Griffin is going to be good, but DB Aaron Ross Texas 6-1 192 Sr might be the better pro.

Greg Cosell (ESPN show with Jaws) and another "scout" I heard on Sirius this past week are starting to have reservations about Quinn. Accuracy is the biggest issue. Watch for the negative articles that are soon to come in the near future.
  11. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Again?
  12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    What about this beef for a backup to Jamal?

Amobi Okoye
    Defensive Tackle | Senior | Louisville
    Height: 6-1 | Weight: 317 | 40-Time: 5.15
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Quinn is the big hype QB in this draft. The N.D. player has star apeal and all but he isn't real accurate he has been bailed out by his wr over and over. He has very good mobility in the pocket and good arm strength but he does have issues with accuracy.

The QB that nobody is talking about is Russell from L.S.U.
    he is a big kid with a strong arm and is very accurate. Chalkboard for him is the big issue but if he cuts the mustered in that area watch him zoom up the boards.

On the Poop issue mum is the word.
    :no: :no: :no:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Ron -

If SD does let Turner go on an RFA deal, then my choice in the middle rounds (3rd to 5th) is this kid: (health could be a factor, but he's got the size, speed, and inside running ability for an NFL back)

Dwayne Wright. 6'1" - 220.

USA Today - Fresno State Inside Slant

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: RB Dwayne Wright — Perhaps the easiest choice of any team in the conference. Wright rushed for 1,462 yards and 11 touchdowns and also added 29 receptions. He was the Fresno State offense.

PRO PROSPECTS: RB Dwayne Wright — While he's slated to graduate in December, Wright has another year of eligibility remaining after missing the 2004 and 2005 seasons with a knee injury. However, he has already announced he'll be declaring for the NFL draft, where he's likely a third- or fourth-round pick because of that knee injury. He was impressive this season, though, and has the makeup of a starting NFL back.

ROSTER REPORT: RB Dwayne Wright will declare for the NFL draft and forgo his final year of eligibility. He departs Fresno with 2,495 yards, No. 3 on the program's career list.
  15. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Fresno St. grad picks a Fresno St. player, homer pick? You decide. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Every year I have to have one Fresno State player to homer for ... :helm1:

That guy Neal worked out pretty well. :tup:
  17. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Can't you have Blaycock drop 1 more slot????? :tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  19. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Eveyone reads my reports then boom its on TV and you report in thats just the way it works , been that way for a few years now.
    :yes:
  20. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Are you trying to say that Leisure "steals" your man-love for players??? :icon_rofl:
  21. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0

I am always schooling him , see where my Charger pick Rashean Mathis who A.J. past on for Sammie Davis just racked up another Pro Bowl selection.

Whitworth who was my prize pick last year rates just behind McNeil for best rookie OL. While Les picks are busy working out volume discounts with the bail bond companies.

I understand they are working on a nation wide group package. :icon_rofl: