1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RMancil Super Bowl Draft report

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RMANCIL, Feb 4, 2007.

1. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
    Davis is a hard one to figure but if ever a QB fit a team.

2 Detroit Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
    Brady is to inaccurate the Lions must have a winner and Thomas is that. He improves both the passing game and the run game.

*3 Cleveland Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
    The Browns need a RB and OL , Peterson fits well with Banger Reuben Droughns allowing a 2 -back attack like the Saints.

4* Tampa Bay Brady Quinn QB N.D.
    The Bucs need a QB and Quinn fits the mobile style that Rich Gannon used with Jon Gruden and the Raiders back in the day.

Arizona Reggie Nelson FS Florida
    The Cards will get OL help in the 2nd need to replace FS Griffin who may retire Value plus need.

Washington Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
    Big time speed rusher helps Skin's defense which has slipped.

Minnesota Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
    Vikes have the best player in the draft fall into their laps

Houston Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
    Houston takes the BA at a position of need , Carriker on one end and Mario Williams on the other spells trouble

Miami Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
    Fish need a lot of DL help on defense as the unit is showing a lot of age , Okoye is a young stud who will get better and better .

Atlanta Dwayne Jarrett WR Southern California
    Jarrett size and hands will provide a much better target for the short Vick in the pocket and Jarrett fits the west coast offense well

San Francisco Gaines Adams DE/olb Clemson
    If Adams runs well at the combine he should fit the bill at OLB for the 49'ers who want to run the 3-4 but need a OLB to match with Manny Lawson

Buffalo Leon Hall CB Michigan
    It looks like Nate Clements will be lost in F.A. if so they must fill his spot other wise Alan Branch DT fits.

St. Louis Alan Branch DT
    Rams DL needs help inside and Branch is a good value here

Carolina Laron Landry DB
    Panthers take value at a need position

15 Pittsburgh Marshawn Lynch RB
    The Steeler's are a run 1st pass second team that are short of talent in the two back attack rotation they prefer.

16 Green Bay Levi Brown OT
    The Pack needs help with the OL and Brown gives them a player who should fit inside or out

Jacksonville Ted Ginn WR
    The Jags should land a FA QB and then take BA at a position of need. Ginn will help on special teams and provides huge speed.

Cincinnati Darrelle Revis CB
    Bengals need a CB Tory James is old and O'neal play slumped he also got a DUI late in the season while Joseph last yrs rookie also got a DUI , club should also land a bail bondsman.

19 Tennessee Dwayne Bowe WR
    Bowe fits as a WR who can come in a play right away his down field blocking also helps when Vince Young takes off.

New York Giants Lawrence Timmons LB
    His speed and athleticism projects well on this team that needs better LB.

21 Denver Chris Houston CB
    Broncos must land A CB and Houston is the best on the board here.

Dallas Brandon Meriweather FS
    Jones does not mind the off field issues he is all about the numbers .

Kansas City Sidney Rice WR
    His size will be key as he runs slants and outs and he has the hands and leaping ability to fit well in the K.C. attack.

New England Anthony Spencer DE
    Spencer will be the new OLB Star for the Pats he is outstanding from the edge.

New York Jets Tim Crowder DE
    Is the pick but really they need a NT and a DE and a RB and all are poor value here , Crowder is the pick as a 3-4 DE, but if they trade with the Chargers for Turner and a lower round pick they may get the RB they need and a extra draft selection . Bush RB who is hurt is one other reach possibility.

If Chargers aquire the pick Michael Griffin DB

Philadelphia Patrick Willis LB
    Eagles need LB help and Willis is a 4 down guy with side line to side line speed.

New Orleans Daymeion Hughes CB
    Did you see the playoffs? They will grab a LB next round.

New England Michael Griffin FS Great fit key is do they lose Samual at CB if so then they may be forced to go CB

If the Charger trade w/Jets takes place : Aaron Ross DB /S

Baltimore Arron Sears OT/OG Size to play inside and out along with mean streak pushes him over Blaylock. Ravens need masher to open holes and must prepare for Ogden to retire.

San Diego Robert Meacham WR
    He has speed and good size ,he must work on his routes but in time he works.

Aaron Ross DB is also a strong poss

Indianapolis Brandon Mebane DT may be the best run stuffer on the board

Chicago Quinn Pitcock DT they may need someone to fill in for Tank Johnson.

32 B ) Zach Miller TE They need a TE big time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    If the Jets did give us their #1 for Turner (I'm doubting it .....) but as of today, I'd go Robert Meachem at #25, and Ben Grubbs at #30.

I'd rather see the Bolts find a SS in FA, then draft another one in the 2nd-4th rounds. Find me a stud ILB in those rounds too.

Two other 3rd - 5th rounders I'm interested in are:

Fresno State RB Dwayne Wright to replace Turner. And Lo Neal's eventual replacement, FB Le'Ron McClain.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Adam Carriker at 8 might be pushing it but thanks for the effort. Knowing Phil Savage's draft tendencies I say there is no way he passes on Calvin Johnson believe it or not. I say he goes for Joe Thomas if he's there and if not then CJ, with an RB somewhere else. Phil Savage drools over athleticism.

I think Marcus Thomas might sneak into the end of the 1st believe it or not. He is an unreal talent.

4. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    What may in fact be a better question is how come so many web draft sites fail to recognize him as being a top talent?

Take a look at his numbers after the combine along with his tapes at the Senior Bowl factor in that he has great size 6-6 and almost 300 lbs and then list the draft positions of players who come the closest in comparison.

Mario Williams #90 | Defensive End |
    Height: 6-7 Weight: 291 1st round slot 1# 2006

Kevin Williams
    Position: DT/DE 1ST ROUND SLOT 9# 2003
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 304

Julius Peppers
    Position: DE 1ST ROUND SLOT 2#
    Height: 6-7
    Weight: 283

Adam Carriker
    DE | (6'6", 290, 4.85) | NEBRASKA

Look he fits at DE/ DT in a 4-3 and DE in a 3-4 his wing span is awesome fact is based on tape and numbers at this point he is a steal at the 8 spot in this draft.

Most draft boards have Gaines Adams and Alan Branch ahead of him of course just a few weeks ago it was Quinn Pitcock and Quentin Moses leading the pack.

I think based on what I have seen and history teams will take the big man over the little man every time. Players with Carriker size and speed are rare birds.

This is some pretty top drawer stuff and it is free , you know maybe if you start sending me $9.95 a month we both would feel better about it. :lol:

Ps I did a mock on one of the sites where everybody and his brother does mocks in DEC and I put JaMarcus Russell ahead of Quinn and folks were lined up telling me how off base I was and most thought he was not even a 1st round selection now look who is the top QB on all the boards.

5. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    MtlBoltsFan I think you were the one who posted on one of my draft threads before the senior bowl that Dwayne Bowe was a piece of **** WR and that I was crazy to project him as a 1st round player or some such pile of horse hockey.

Now that the Senior Bowl is done and every one has piled on to the Bowe wagon what say you now?

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    I brought up Carriker's name long before you did and screw his senior bowl performance, he was insane playing for Nebraska, but he absolutely does not warrant a #8 overall selection that is just ridiculous.

I never said Dwayne Bowe wouldn't be successful in the NFL but at the same time I have Sidney Rice ahead of him and always have. You were taking shots at Sidney, I took shots at Bowe.

The bottom line is that you are talking out of your *** and making another 'I should charge money for my draft information' post. It seems that people who know nothing about the draft enjoy licking your balls on chargers.com but don't expect to get that kind of treatment here.

I complimented you on your efforts producing this draft and simply pointed out something I disagree with and you open your big mouth. You know what? Go ahead. You win Rmancil you are the draft god I know nothing and will stop contributing to bolttalk because your knowledge far exceeds mine. I am young and always joking around but the immaturity you display is weak for a man your age but hey, like I said I will not stop you from acting as you wish because that is your right.

I am done with the draft section, bye.

7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I must have missed your post on him , I happen to believe that the Senior Bowl performances are huge due to the talent involved and the pressure as such I don't dismiss it in comparison to the past seasons performance. As for as your take on his draft slot I already made a effort to share why I believe he will be drafted higher than most other draft sites and or nuts. The fact that you don't agree can be of interest when you put forth some type of logic to support your position in fact when that happens the results are why I frequent the board.

I am not going to bother with finding your post but you simply posted that he was " ****" which to me indicates he has no talent and does not belong in the draft. I disagreed and made my points and stated in essence time will tell. I did and still do feel that Bowe is the better wr between him and Rice. My believe in that is not meant as any type of personal attack on you but only my observations. I try and not root for players but rather remain detached as I believe that is the best way to scout a player .

I am not sure how or why expressing my opinions on players and the draft has become such a irritant to you and clearly some what of a personal affront but clearly it has and my attempts at humor clearly came across to you as some type of personal insult and for that I am sorry.

I simply tried to explain my reasons for moving the player up in the draft. Your age nor mine has any thing to do with sharing observations and having a dialog on difference's of opinion. I am not paid nor am I a agent or a relative of any of these players and to the best of my knowledge neither are you as such it seems that we should be able to post on the draft with out it being some type of personal affront when we may disagree.

I have a habit in which I respond to anyone who post on my threads trying to explain myself and the position that I have taken on a player I have always thought that was the purpose of the threads. It was not nor is it my intentions to alienate anyone or to be a "draft god ". I have been a student of the draft for several years and I have posted about the subject on different forums but I am but a student always studying and attempting to learn as well as share my observations

Peace be with you.

8. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
    Davis is a hard one to figure but if ever a QB fit a team.

2 Detroit Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
    Brady is to inaccurate the Lions must have a winner and Thomas is that. He improves both the passing game and the run game.

*3 Cleveland Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
    The Browns need a RB and OL , Peterson fits well with Banger Reuben Droughns allowing a 2 -back attack like the Saints.

4* Tampa Bay Brady Quinn QB N.D.
    The Bucs need a QB and Quinn fits the mobile style that Rich Gannon used with Jon Gruden and the Raiders back in the day.

Arizona Reggie Nelson FS Florida
    The Cards will get OL help in the 2nd need to replace FS Griffin who may retire Value plus need.

Washington Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
    Big time speed rusher helps Skin's defense which has slipped.

Minnesota Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
    Vikes have the best player in the draft fall into their laps

Houston Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
    Houston takes the BA at a position of need , Carriker on one end and Mario Williams on the other spells trouble

Miami Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
    Fish need a lot of DL help on defense as the unit is showing a lot of age , Okoye is a young stud who will get better and better .

Atlanta Dwayne Jarrett WR Southern California
    Jarrett size and hands will provide a much better target for the short Vick in the pocket and Jarrett fits the west coast offense well

San Francisco Gaines Adams DE/olb Clemson
    If Adams runs well at the combine he should fit the bill at OLB for the 49'ers who want to run the 3-4 but need a OLB to match with Manny Lawson

Buffalo Leon Hall CB Michigan
    It looks like Nate Clements will be lost in F.A. if so they must fill his spot other wise Alan Branch DT fits.

St. Louis Alan Branch DT
    Rams DL needs help inside and Branch is a good value here

Carolina Laron Landry DB
    Panthers take value at a need position

15 Pittsburgh Marshawn Lynch RB
    The Steeler's are a run 1st pass second team that are short of talent in the two back attack rotation they prefer.

16 Green Bay Levi Brown OT
    The Pack needs help with the OL and Brown gives them a player who should fit inside or out

Jacksonville Ted Ginn WR
    The Jags should land a FA QB and then take BA at a position of need. Ginn will help on special teams and provides huge speed.

Cincinnati Darrelle Revis CB
    Bengals need a CB Tory James is old and O'neal play slumped he also got a DUI late in the season while Joseph last yrs rookie also got a DUI , club should also land a bail bondsman.

19 Tennessee Dwayne Bowe WR
    Bowe fits as a WR who can come in a play right away his down field blocking also helps when Vince Young takes off.

New York Giants Lawrence Timmons LB
    His speed and athleticism projects well on this team that needs better LB.

21 Denver Chris Houston CB
    Broncos must land A CB and Houston is the best on the board here.

Dallas Brandon Meriweather FS
    Jones does not mind the off field issues he is all about the numbers .

Kansas City Sidney Rice WR
    His size will be key as he runs slants and outs and he has the hands and leaping ability to fit well in the K.C. attack.

New England Anthony Spencer DE
    Spencer will be the new OLB Star for the Pats he is outstanding from the edge.

New York Jets Tim Crowder DE
    Is the pick but really they need a NT and a DE and a RB and all are poor value here , Crowder is the pick as a 3-4 DE, but if they trade with the Chargers for Turner and a lower round pick they may get the RB they need and a extra draft selection . Bush RB who is hurt is one other reach possibility.

If Chargers aquire the pick Michael Griffin DB

Philadelphia Patrick Willis LB
    Eagles need LB help and Willis is a 4 down guy with side line to side line speed.

New Orleans Daymeion Hughes CB
    Did you see the playoffs? They will grab a LB next round.

New England Michael Griffin FS Great fit key is do they lose Samual at CB if so then they may be forced to go CB

If the Charger trade w/Jets takes place : Aaron Ross DB /S

Baltimore Arron Sears OT/OG Size to play inside and out along with mean streak pushes him over Blaylock. Ravens need masher to open holes and must prepare for Ogden to retire.

San Diego Robert Meacham WR
    He has speed and good size ,he must work on his routes but in time he works.

Aaron Ross DB is also a strong poss

Kevin Curtis wr Rams being signed as a F.A is also a strong poss as McCardell may not be asked back freeing up some cap I still expect a wr to be drafted as well.

Indianapolis Brandon Mebane DT may be the best run stuffer on the board

Chicago Quinn Pitcock DT they may need someone to fill in for Tank Johnson.

32 B ) Zach Miller TE They need a TE big time.

Round 2#

33 Oakland Justin Blalock OG 6-3, 330 Texas
    The OG are bad need and value here

34 Detroit Jarvis Moss DE 6-5, 255 Florida
    Top pass rusher on board great value

*35 Cleveland Ben Grubbs OG 6-3, 315 Auburn
    Browns need help with OL

*36 Tampa Bay LaMarr Woodley DE 6-1, 270 Michigan
    This team needs help on defense big time BA fits here

37 New York Jets (from Wash)Aaron Ross CB 6-0, 195 Texas
    What is interesting is that here again the Bolts may trade with the Jets AND would also love Ross onlt at safety.

38 Arizona Tanard Jackson CB 6-0, 190 Syracuse
    The Cards pass defense makes huge strides with both Jackson and Nelson on defense.

cont...

9. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    39 Houston Ryan Kalil C 6-4, 291 Southern California
    Provides a great OC for zone blocking program helps provide leadership on ol

40 Miami Drew Stanton QB 6-3, 230 Michigan State
    Fish have huge hole at QB and if Culpepper is done only Cleo Lemon looks to have any potential and he has been a career back up.Joey Harrington is all but done.

41 Minnesota Zach Miller TE 6-5, 260 Arizona State
    Vikes young QB needs a big fast TE to fit in the west coast offense if he is on the board he is a great fit.

42 San Francisco Justin Harrell DT 6-3, 305 Tennessee
    SF needs DL to play 3-4 his size fits a need and he has potential along with heart just what you want in the 2nd round.

43 Buffalo Paul Posluszny LB 6-1, 238 Penn State
    Fills the bill as the Bills lose London Fletcher-Baker as FA and need MLB with wheels for cover 2 defense

44 Atlanta Michael Bush RB 6-2, 250 Louisville
    Bush fits and is a good value here, struggled to run with consistency in the second half of the season Dunn is near done.

45 Carolina Anthony Gonzalez WR 5-11, !95 Ohio State
    The wr position is weak with only Smith able to threaten the defense ,age and retirement are other issues

46 Pittsburgh Quentin Moses DE/olb 6-5, 250 Georgia
    Moses drops a long ways but the Steelers see him as value in a 3-4 that needs pass rushers

47 Green Bay Eric Weddle SS 5-11, 200 Utah
    No RB stands out here and the DB need is great

48 Jacksonville Charles Johnson DE 6-2, 255 Georgia
    Jax scores here with a pass rushing DE who has 1st round type value

49 Cincinnati Tank Tyler DT 6-2, 324 North Carolina State
    Bengals tempted to take Marcus Thomas DT but press would kill

50 Tennessee Brandon Siler LB 6-1, 235 Florida
    Upgrade MLB with big speed

51 New York Giants Kenny Irons RB 5-10, 198 Auburn
    I think they will trade or sign a FA RB likre Jones of the Bears or Turner S.D.
    If so Kenny Brother would fit here CB David Irons. If Bolts have this selection Jay Moore DE 6-4, 275 Nebraska Foley may never play again Bolts take B.A. and this guy blew them away at the Senior Bowl

52 St. Louis Jay Moore DE 6-4, 275 Nebraska
    Little is one mistake away from being suspended and the other DE got zero pressure

53 Dallas Stewart Bradley LB 6-3, 255 Nebraska
    Wade Phillips knows you must have bookend OLB who can bring it to make a 3-4 work . Jones will push WR Owens to come back

54 Kansas City Joe Staley OT 6-5, 295 Central Michigan
    The key in K.C. is OL play and they need help

55 Seattle Greg Olsen TE 6-5, 255 Miami
    Jerramy Stevens has been up and down his entire career and there is zero depth

56 Denver Victor Abiamiri DE 6-3, 270 Notre Dame
    Broncos DL hopes to find a pass rusher here.

57 Philadelphia Tony Hunt RB 6-2, 240 Penn State
    Hunt gives the Eagles the big back they lack

58 New Orleans Jon Beason LB 6-0, 230 Miami
    Saints have a poor set of LB and will focus to improve this unit

59 New York Jets Rufus Alexander LB 6-1, 230 Oklahoma
    Jets run 3-4 and take B.A. here in Alexander

60 New England Craig Davis WR 6-1, 200 LSU
    Pats need wr help deep draft lands them solid value

61 Baltimore Darius Walker RB 5-9, 210 Notre Dame
    Ravens run game stinks Walker is much better than most think

62 San Diego Michael Johnson FS 6-3, 215 Arizona
    Johnson has been slowed with injuries yet he has played through them putting his team 1st. Size ,speed cover ability and desire to support run makes him a great fit if the Bolts don't make a Turner trade and get a DB earlier. If Bolts pick up DB with trade and WR with earlyier selection

62B Aaron Rouse SS /ILB 6-4, 220 Virginia Tech
    Rouse speed size ratio is elite Chargers could devlop him at CILB into all -pro

63 Chicago Earl Everett LB 6-2, 235 Florida
    Lance Briggs' is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March and is seeking a contract in the neighborhood of Brian Urlacher's nine-year $56 million deal. The Bears may pass and Everett can fly

64 Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis) Ray McDonald DE 6-3, 282 Florida
    TB DL stinks and McDonald can rush the passer

Thats what it looks like right now before the combine and the F.A. signings I hope I gave you folks enough Bolt/Turner trade options.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 19 / -4
    i really don't like aaron rouse; we need cover safeties and frankly i'd prefer to acquire Kevin Kaeshvarian

11. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Rouse was not selected to play Safety , you may want to look at the draft in its entirety. I ran this mock with several potential trades and various what if strategy's.

Rouse is a very talented player who could move to cover ilb where his speed and cover abilities would make him a stand out player in time.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    No offense to the offensively minded. But our pass defense is what loosing games for us still. We really need one more very good saftey/cb (possibly griffin or tanard jackson). And another very good outside linebacker and good d-lineman would be appreciated.

All we need offenively is a better right tackle to give Rivers more time to hit our recievers and ladanain more room to zoom. A developmental wr will be fine later in the draft.

But were loosing cause of our pass defense still. :yes: :bolt: