1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rookie Signings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, May 8, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    Chargers agreed to terms with No. 49 overall pick DE Kendall Reyes on a four-year contract.

A 40-game starter at UConn, Reyes offers intriguing size (6'4/300) and athleticism while also boasting short-area quickness and impressive intangibles. He could see playing time right out of the gates as an interior rusher in nickel packages.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    Chargers agreed to terms with No. 18 overall pick OLB Melvin Ingram on a four-year contract.

GM A.J. Smith identified an ability to get to the quarterback as the team's glaring defensive weakness in 2011. Labeled by coach Norv Turner as "the most complete, versatile linebacker in the draft," Ingram should make an instant impact as perhaps the team's most dangerous pass rusher. Believing there was "no way" Ingram would fall to No. 18, Smith was "ecstatic" when the South Carolina star was still on the board.

Chargers agreed to terms with No. 226 overall pick C David Molk on a four-year contract.

Knocked for being undersized at 6'1" and 298 pounds with short arms, Molk fell to the final round despite being named the nation's best center at Michigan last season. The Chargers hope he can develop into Nick Hardwick's successor at the pivot.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    The quick signing of rookies makes me happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    [​IMG]
    The San Diego Chargers agreed to a contract with DE Kendall Reyes. Reyes has been signed to a 4-year deal and should see plenty of action this season (Adam Caplan). Rookie minicamp begins at the end of this week and he will be out there with the rest of the guys. He is the first guy from this draft class to sign and the rest should be coming fairly soon. With the new rookie wage scale, holdouts for San Diego Chargers draft picks will be a thing of the past.

I wonder if he really likes the number 99? The previous owner of that number (Travis LaBoy) was just released and it is available for the taking.

[​IMG]

The Chargers have now reached an agreement with contracts to first round draft pick Melvin Ingram and seventh round draft pick David Molk. The Chargers agreed to a contract with Kendall Reyes earlier in the day.

Melvin Ingram agreed to a 4-year deal and there is an option for a 5th. Molk also agreed to a 4-year deal.
    Ingram figures to be a huge part of the defense this season and we are expecting him to bulk up the pass rushing attack. He will be used all over the field and be expected to be a playmaker on defense.

Molk will be battling for a backup spot with Colin Baxter at the center position during training camp.

5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    That was quick, good news though.

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Get them on the field right away! Thats what I like to see

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    David Molk also signed

Gotta get Green and Taylor in there asap!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    PS: I love the rookie salary cap and structure, this used to take like months to get done!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +246 / 22 / -3
    Ok fault me for not lookin at the rookie singing thread here, as I was SURE that it would only be talk of what/when. Well slap me correctly.

I guess Ingrams 5th year is based on how many starts he has in his first 2-3 years with us.

11. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    The Chargers have agreed on a contract with 4th round draft pick Ladarius Green this early morning (@LouisianaScout).

Green will be mixed into the offense this year and could see some action on two tight end sets alongside Antonio Gates. If Gates goes down with an injury for any extended period of time, we could see more of Green than we want, but he is very capable of doing some good things on the offensive side of the ball.
    Rookie camp starts on Friday and Green will be there with a nice new contract.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,870 / 48 / -26
    Johnnie Troutman signed as well....... that leaves Taylor and Baker as the only unsigned draft picks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    I heard they're working out Taylors contract with an incentive or something like that in case he is a day one starter

14. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    The San Diego Chargers have one more draft pick that they need to get signed after agreeing to terms with 7th round draft pick RB Rock Baker tonight. He agreed to a 4-year deal and he will compete for a spot as a reserve runningback. He could be the second string runningback if he does well in camp, but the Bolts are still likely to bring in a veteran back onto the roster.
    LSU SS Brandon Taylor is the only Chargers draft pick that has yet to agree to terms. The rookies will be starting their rookie camps tomorrow. A contract for Taylor will likely happen quickly though. I will guess that something happens tomorrow.

15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,870 / 48 / -26
    That must be the hold up....... there's always some agent that's trying to work an angle. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    I am a little bummed Troutman will miss this year. Although I believe Green has the advantage over everyone, everywhere I read says he was drafted to start at LG. Would have been interesting to see if he could have outperformed Green in camp