1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Royal Restructures

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Mar 3, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    So your argument is that because we don't have a better alternative at the moment (with FA pending) that Clary should remain the 4th highest paid player on our roster, despite evidence that he's playing the position among the worst in the entire league...worse that a lot of other teams backups.:sick:

Clary kept winning the job because AJ never made a real attempt to replace him...Sims, Harris, Runyan...half *** effort. And when he moved to OG last year all we did was add Ohrnberger (who is really a center), and sent Troutman (as a defacto rookie) to try to win the job. And when Troutman came in for the injured Rinehart most of us were pretty happy with his performance.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 1 / -1
    Definitely agree with this. I don't see any reason (other than of course a huge pay cut) why Clary should stay on this team. He doesn't give us anything that a bargain vet OG or late round pick couldn't. I'd rather use one of our existing guys and then keep Mike Harris as back up RT than watch Clary continue to practically steal money from us.
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    Clary's greatest value comes from his ability to play two positions....... even if he's not top level at either. With our O-line's injury history, you want players that are versatile. I certainly wouldn't argue that he's taking up too much of our cap space, but he's worth keeping until we find a better option. From what I've seen, Troutman isn't it. If a cheaper/better alternative becomes available through free agency, then by all means upgrade.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NYCharger

NYCharger BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Or until we need his money to upgrade another position. If a great opportunity arises in free agency we sure as hell better not let Jeromey Clary's versatility stand in the way. Our FO (and our coaching staff) should have confidence in its ability to find a replacement for relatively low cost.
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    I don't want your "what if's, buts and maybe's". The fact is, no one has moved him out of his position yet and until that happens you're speaking out of your arse. Another fact is, he has a contract and I'm certain he is planing on showing up to earn his pay as it is written. If the club tries to rework his deal and he refuses then he could be let go but again, until something happens you're just spewing shyte.
  6. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Can someone explain how Clary earned such a big contract in the first place? Did he play a lot better during his first contract years? I sure don't remember it.
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    I didn't give you any "what if's, buts, or maybes".

I'm telling flat out, and I have given definitive proof that Jeromey Clary is a bad NFL guard, and he's tremendously overpaid....end of story.
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    Mike Harris is an OG/OT, probably just as poor as Clary, and will come for about 1/6th the price tag. Problem ******* solved, this is business 101.

At least until we use the wad of cash we saved by cutting Clary to sign one of the dozen free agent guards that is better than him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I say it doesn't matter what you or 100 other people armed with all the stats say. Until Telesco makes a move with Clary, he's going to show up for work unless otherwise notified. Whine and complain all you wish, if it makes you happy.
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    Oh I see, you're just playing the captain obvious card because you don't actually have anything in the defense of Clary.

Yes, we are all aware Clary is still a Charger, and thank you for putting us in our place by whining about our whining Hex.:tup:
  11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,571 / 44 / -6
    What you imply is, they could just put a trash can out there in his place and get the same result and for less cash. I call bullshyte on that because that would've been done many moons ago if the kid couldn't play. He's the best they've had for a while but that doesn't mean change isn't in the wind. Is that a Nor'easter a kickin up??????
  12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 10 / -6
    Enough wallowing in the mud pit for now. This is getting tedious.
  13. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1