1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RWA---Will work for REP

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carrie1219, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    Petition for Roman Polanski

link

• Like Like x 1
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    Sack Lunches

I put my carry-on in the luggage compartment and sat down in my assigned seat. It was going to be a long flight. 'I'm glad I have a good book to read perhaps I will get a short nap,' I thought. Just before take-off, a line of soldiers came down the aisle and filled all the vacant seats, totally surrounding me. I decided to start a conversation. 'Where are you headed?' I asked the soldier seated nearest to me. 'Petawawa. We'll be there for two weeks for special training, and then we're being deployed to Afghanistan After flying for about an hour, an announcement was made that sack lunches were available for five dollars. It would be several hours before we reached the east, and I quickly decided a lunch would help pass the time. As I reached for my wallet, I overheard a soldier ask his buddy if he planned to buy lunch. 'No, that seems like a lot of money for just a sack lunch. Probably wouldn’t be worth five bucks. I'll wait till we get to base 'His friend agreed.

I looked around at the other soldiers. None were buying lunch. I walked to the back of the plane and handed the flight attendant a fifty dollar bill. 'Take a lunch to all those soldiers.' She grabbed my arms and squeezed tightly. Her eyes wet with tears, she thanked me. 'My son was a soldier in Iraq; it's almost like you are doing it for him.'

Picking up ten sacks, she headed up the aisle to where the soldiers were seated. She stopped at my seat and asked, 'Which do you like best - beef or chicken?' 'Chicken,' I replied, wondering why she asked.

She turned and went to the front of plane, returning a minute later with a dinner plate from first class. This is your thanks.' After we finished eating, I went again to the back of the plane, heading for the rest room. A man stopped me. 'I saw what you did. I want to be part of it. Here, take this.' He handed me twenty-five dollars.

Soon after I returned to my seat, I saw the Flight Captain coming down the aisle, looking at the aisle numbers as he walked, I hoped he was not looking for me, but noticed he was looking at the numbers only on my side of the plane. When he got to my row he stopped, smiled, held out his hand, and said, 'I want to shake your hand.' Quickly unfastening my seatbelt I stood and took the Captain's hand. With a booming voice he said, 'I was a soldier and I was a military pilot. Once, someone bought me a lunch. It was an act of kindness I will never forgot.' I was embarrassed when applause was heard from all of the passengers. Later I walked to the front of the plane so I could stretch my legs. A man who was seated about six rows in front of me reached out his hand, wanting to shake mine. He left another twenty-five dollars in my palm. When we landed I gathered my belongings and started to deplane. Waiting just inside the airplane door was a man who stopped me, put something in my shirt pocket, turned, and walked away without saying a word.

Another twenty-five dollars!

Upon entering the terminal, I saw the soldiers gathering for their trip to the base. I walked over to them and handed them seventy-five dollars. 'It will take you some time to reach the base. It will be about time for a sandwich. God Bless You.' Ten young men left that flight feeling the love and respect of their fellow travelers. As I walked briskly to my car, I whispered a prayer for their safe return. These soldiers were giving their all for our country. I could only give them a couple of meals.

It seemed so little...

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

• Like Like x 1
  3. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    SDRaiderH8er

Wonderful story.

4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    I got it as an email, you know one of those that you are supposed to pass along to everyone on your contacts list.

5. jfyr727

jfyr727 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What a great story... do you mind if I copy it and send it to my family in (and out) of the service?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    After 32 years he's going to do his time...It's about time!

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    :tup:

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 11 / -0
    That should do ya some good :yes: enjoy the monies!

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I love repping posts in the Flame War thread... :flag:

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Great story H8er :tup:

11. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Are you being bad again Carrie... [​IMG]

12. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  13. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    The East Cleveland Mayor sure is photogenic.

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I sure feel like being naughty... :flag:

15. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I just don't get the out cry from the many that say he should be left alone... What makes him different from anyone else who admits a crime, is sentenced and then runs to avoid prison time? I don't give a flyin F if he's in his 70s.... Lock him up and throw away the key for Christ sakes.

The guy has been livin' the high life for 32 years. Party's ova.

16. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    pic or linky, please

17. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  18. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    I likey when your naughty... [​IMG]

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    A man calls home:

"Honey, I have been asked to fly to Canada with my boss and several of his friends for fishing. We'll be gone for a long weekend. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've been wanting, so could you please pack enough clothes for a 3 day weekend.....
    And also would you get out my rod and tackle box from the attic?
    We're leaving at 4:30 pm from the office and I will swing by the house to pick my things up.

Oh! And please pack my new navy blue silk pajamas."

The wife thinks this sounds a bit odd, but, being the good wife, she does exactly what her husband asked.

Following the long weekend he came home a little tired, but, otherwise, looking good. The wife welcomes him home and asks if he caught many fish.

He says, 'Yes! Lots of Walleyes, some Bass, and a few Pike.. But why didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you to do?"

You'll love the answer.

scroll down for the answer

keep scrolling down

keep going

The wife replies, "I did, they're in your tackle box."

Never, never, ever, ever try to outsmart a woman!!!

20. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0

I'll tell you the only thing that was "promoted" that weekend was

scroll down

keep scrolling

keep scrolling

Woody! Oh, and possibly the office receptionist. :lol:

21. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Carrie needs a spanking. :tup:

22. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    That is as good a way to put it as any h8er - thanks for the post! :tup:

23. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    And he should spend the rest of his life in prison. I posted the petition because I cannot understand how anyone chould defend this. I was very disappointed to see Martin Scorsese on the list.

24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    Wow! This is really the hardliner's thread. Not commenting one way or another on Polanski... I sincerely hope none of you are ever brought to task on anything you did 32 years ago.

25. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    On February 29th, 1964 I married my high-school sweetheart and she is still taking me to task - does that count? :D

Seriously, I don't have a problem with a baby raper being tossed in jail - regardless of how many years have passed - it is still kinder than what I would do. But then again, most of the Canadians I know already consider me to be uncivil and uncivilized. When it comes to crimes against children - they are entirely correct too.

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6

:icon_rofl: I thought you would like that

27. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  28. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    Dunno. Insufficient evidence.

Well I am a believer is due process. If one can get a fair conviction after such a long time... so be it.

What disturbs me sometimes are the demands of the amateur electric chair operators beforehand. Ironically that is the kind of totalitarianism that America claims to defend against elsewhere.

30. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Johnny, this tweet from the UT's favorite wannabe talking head isn't good news for the Steelers:

LT looks to be moving fine. They weren't going to rush him back, so I'm betting he plays -- ka