1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ryan Mathews Interview, another take

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +183 / 2 / -1
  2. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +506 / 13 / -3
    I don't see what the big deal is in what RM said.

Sure, he's not the one to talk, but he's no scrub. He had a solid 2011 year, in which he was very productive lead to a pro bowl alternate. We all know what happened to this team in 2012, and to be honest, I think his comments are fair.

Maybe not on the defensive side of the ball, aside from a few players, they felt that way and I could see why Donald Butler took offense to it. But, those guys are gone, time for others to step in.

Jerry Rice said Norv Turner was the worst head coaches he had ever had at all levels. That's one of the NFL's greatest players of all time speaking about him right there.

Look back to Norv Turner's stint here, and all you can say is, this team missed opportunities. Simple as that, RM wasn't here for the NYJ game in 2009, but that was a perfect example of the team being complacent, and feeling like the were owed that win.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    A follow up to the Mathews' story...
  5. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +135 / 1 / -1

Big difference between being excited about a change in leadership and admitting to not giving a ****...

Were I the new honcho I would be taking a long look at anyone who made statements like RM...