1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Safety Sleeper?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by sdrocks, Apr 25, 2007.

1. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey I wanted to get your guys opinion about Wake Forest Safety Patrick Ghee. Have any of you seen him play and whats your take on him? He seems to have good measurables but it seems as if he will go undrafted.

This is what was said about him in The Sporting News Draft guide. I couldnt find him in my other three guides.

6-0 3/8 " 209 lbs 4.45

Strengths: Knows where to be and has the speed to get there in a hurry. Is a physical defender who operates best when close to the line. Chases down ballcarriers. Is a technically sound tackler.

Weaknesses: Can be beaten off line, which forces him to chase receivers more than he should. Lacks aggressiveness in the open field. Must become stronger. Does not finish every play.

Bottom line: Ghee is smart, instinctive and physical, but doesn't make enough plays to be more than a No 3 or No. 4 safety. He must parlay his size and speed into a job as a gunner on special teams.

Is he someone the Chargers should take a chance on in the 7th round? His weaknesses seem like something that can be corrected and you can't teach speed and instincts. 7th round project?

I've never seen him play but I'm sure many of you have. :tup: ? or :tdown: ?
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    you gotta stop stealing guys i mention in the mini cast seriously
  3. sdrocks

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Lol whats a mini cast?
  4. sdrocks

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0