1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SC92 Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SuperCharger92, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +507 / 13 / -3
    I couldn't find my first one, so I'll just make a new thread what the hell..

Okay, I'm hoping we can trade back and get some 2012 picks or future picks in 2013 in the first round this year, but I'll just go by the 8 picks we have now.

1. Nick Perry - OLB - USC - Think this is a no brainer really if he falls to us. I don't see why the Chargers wouldn't select him. He is on of the taller, stronger, and quicker OLB's in the draft.
    2. Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami (OH) - This might be a reach here in the 2nd round, but I don't think he will be available by our next pick. We sure need help on the offensive line. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby Massie.
    3. Antonio Allen - SS - SCU - Seeing how Harrison Smith will be taken because of our placement between picks 18 and 49, Antonio Allen I think is a player who is a sleeper. He has problems back pedaling just like Smith does, but he also has similar size to Smith and was used as that extra LB/In the box safety. He covers TE's very well too. This will be a good pick in my eyes.
    4. Ladarius Green - TE - LLU - Need a receiving TE without a doubt. Sperry and Rosario are most likely going to be camp bodies and Green will be able to beat them out in camp. This kid is special.
    5. Vontaze Burfict - ILB - ASU - This is worth the risk. New England took a risk on Brandon Spikes, now lets take a risk ourselves.
    6. Akiem Hicks - DT - Canada - Surprise! Surprise! This is guy has AJ's name written all over it.
    7. Lance Dunbar - RB - North Texas - I don't know if he falls here, but if he does, certainly worth the pick.
    7. Omar Bolden - CB - ASU - Selecting Burfict's teammate might help him keep calm in the locker room. Think this would be a good pick, but not sure if Bolden falls this low.
  2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Dont like the brandon brooks pick, and green wont make it past the 3rd.
  3. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -1
    I don't think Vontaze lasts that long either, he's going second round IMO.
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    If we can find a way to grab both Nick Perry and Harrison Smith I'll will be happy after that its all about depth
  5. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +507 / 13 / -3
    WHAT?! He was mocked as high as top 10. Have you watched the combine? Ran a 5.09, the WORST among LB's and blamed everyone on his coaching staff for an inconsistent junior year in his interviews. Had a "decent" (thats being nice) pro-day as well. He is mocked to go in the 5 and 6th rounds, 4 if he gets lucky. Now, if you get this kid in shape, head screwed on tight (I think Spikes and Jarret Johnson can do) and motivated he has the talent to execute and be a pro-bowler.
  6. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +507 / 13 / -3
    he's a massive guard, 6'5, 350 pounds, last time I checked the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos all have bigger DE's/OLB's and we've been undersized and bullied last year. We need big guys on this OL, Brooks is a developmental guard that can really help this team in the future. He can also play LT.
  7. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Yea but idk the way he plays, he seems like more of a vasquez. I just dont know about him to much
  8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +118 / 4 / -1
    Have you ever actually WATCHED him play? No offense meant to you, but too many people speak out of their asses when talking about guys like this. He can NOT play RT, let alone LT. He played RG in college. He's a big dude, thats super athletic, but really other than pulling, he really doesn't do much damage inside creating space. He's not like Marcus Cannon last year, who had freakish footwork and was able to play OT, he really doesn't work to his measurables on the field, other than when he's pulling.

If we're taking an OG in the 2nd, we need a flat out Mauler. I'd take Brandon Washington/Amini Silatolu EASILY over him, along with Zeitler, and possibly even Kelechi Osemele, though i'm not sure if his head is in the game, and he has the dedication to do it.

Brooks is an overrated player because he's such a good athlete...