1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SC92 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SuperCharger92, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see hillman in blue and gold, think he would be a great threat to explode for long runs and would really light a fire under mathews arse as well. The draft has to yield us a slot reciever a change of pace rb a returner a nose tackle an explosive pass rusher & a quality guard. Thats only six players throw in an ice blooded kicker and bam championship!
  2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    I think we should trade up in the 2nd round for Harrison Smith. Thinking about it, he's 6'2, good size and great movement of the hips. I think, especially since we'll see the Patriots within the next decade with Gronk and Hernandez. Playing Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Kellen Winslow, etc. this year a bigger SS is an advantage.

Position certainly in need and I think its worth the trade up.
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I doubt we have to trade up to get him, because I doubt that Barron is coming off the board in the first round, which should push Smith to mid-2nd.

The trouble is that a safety should cover like a CB and hit like a LB. This draft seems full of guys who cover like a LB and hit like a CB. Even if we do draft this guy, I don't know that he'll be starting right away. With Branch off the market, I think the report that Stuckey is going to be competing for the starting spot was showing us what we'll be looking at this season.
  4. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Yeah, unfortunately he doesn't lay the wood like guys next year will. Like Ray-Ray Armstrong and co. But, I still don't think he falls to pick # 49. He has great anticipation.
  5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings Received:
    +65 / 2 / -0
    I wish it was that easy
  6. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    I'm going to probably update this again this time next Sunday, when most FA signings take place and what not. But I just wanted to make one for the time being..

1. Nick Perry - OLB - I honestly think we'll be in contention for Mario Williams. Even if we do sign Mario or not I think we will draft Perry or trade back and select him or Whitney Mercilus/Andre Branch. Either way its a win-win. I'm sure we'll get compensation for an Shaun Phillips trade or trading back and taking Mercilus/Branch.
    2. Harrison Smith - SS - I think Smith might just fall to us at pick #49. That's a 50-50 chance, we'll either gain that by trading back in the 1st round and up in the 2nd to select him.
    3. Ryan Miller - OL - Perfect fit and I believe he falls here. Solid run blocker and had a strong senior season. Huge guy at 6'7 as well something we need to establish playing bigger pass rushers in our division (Chiefs and Raiders) and how they always bully us.
    4. Ladarius Green - TE - Hoping Green falls to us in the 4th. I think we will take him with no hesitation if he is there. Could really bloom under Gates and be a player for the future.
    5. AJ Jenkins - WR - Hopefully he's a steal here. Showed some potential in his years at Illinois and had a great combine. Had a really crappy QB and offensive scheme but reeled in some really tough catches. Has great size, speed, and hands.
    6. Omar Bolden - CB - Very strong, led all CB's at the combine with 25 reps of 225. I could see AJ taking a gamble on a guy with an injury coming into the draft.
    7. Akiem Hicks - DT - AJ looking at a Canada prospect, similar to Vaughn Martin. I don't know if Hicks lasts til the 7th round, but he might.
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I'd take Pellerin over Bolden -smoother & more fluid IMO. Then again Pellerin, coming from small-school Hampton, may be available as a UDFA.
  8. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Now that free agency is just about wrapped up for us, except for a few signings.. I guess I'll post one more mock and after this one I will post another in about a month or so..

1. Nick Perry - OLB - I think it's pretty obvious we need a pass rusher. I think Perry with the athleticism can have an impact like Aldon Smith did last year for the 49ers.
    2. Harrison Smith - SS - Whether we trade up or not, I still think Smith is available at pick #49.
    3. Josh Norman - CB - Now that Peyton has moved into our division, and the fact we've cut Hughes and Cason and Jammer's contracts are up after this year I think Chargers go with 3 straight defensive picks. This pick makes all sense in the world for multiple reasons. But if Norman doesn't fall here in the 3rd or were not interested I see possibly Trumaine Johnson or Dwight Bentley being drafter.
    4. Ladarius Green - TE - Think he falls here, he might even be drafted in the 3rd round, but hopefully he falls here. I think it will be either Green or Orson Charles being selected in the 4th.
    5. Nick Jean-Baptiste - DT - With Garay most likely coming back to probably nothing more than a 2 year deal we may have a sleeper he waiting in the wings.
    6. Lance Dunbar - RB - Chargers use another 6th round pick on a RB. I believe, and call me crazy, but Ronnie Hillman falls this far due to the market of RB's right now in FA. Nobody is picking them up off the shelves or going crazy for them. And with Richardson, Wilson, Miller, Polk, Martin, James and Pead all most likely going before him he might slip this far down. But if not Dunbar is an excellent option as well.
    7. Ken Plue - OG - Any news on this guy? Solid player at Purdue but he did not play Senior year due to off the field issues with academics and what not.