1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Scandal Rocks the Sign-On-San Diego Chargers Forum

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Trumpy, you play Halo 2 for real. NyChargerFan and I (ChargerRay also) play semi regularly.

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    That's a little better, not much, but a little.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Trumpy, my gamertag is FalconSD. Add me to your friends list. Get X-Box live reactivated and we'll kill some fools.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Got to run. At work. Need to go home.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I need to get some better internet speeds.

The city just approved FIOS or fiber to the premises through Verizon so I am hoping for faster stuff real soon. I am on DSL and it is rock solid but I want faster stuff.

I used to shread at Unreal Championship (was ranked in the Top 20)

I dig Halo and Halo2.

We play slayer and coop at home. I have played at the highest level and beat the game so I can hold my own pretty much but I need to get the account re-activated.

Gotta run ....

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Doya mind if I use that for a sig sometime!!!:icon_mrgreen: :lol:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Let me know when you get your account reactivated. We just play for fun, so we don't freak out about our levels. Later dude.

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    No, go for it.

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Purty gey pic, y'all axt me!!!

But no one has!!:icon_sad: :no:

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Thats somewhat less gey!!

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Shammie Rocks!!:) :yes: :tup:

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Yes, he does. Tell him I said San Diego Mexican food is still better though.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8
    We shouldnt have ta. Yer amungst friends, just let it out.

And it is a gey picture...:icon_eek:

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Is not!!!:no: :icon_mrgreen:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully I can get it activated in the next few months.

Now I must get to preaching the "word" accordingly to the prophet :icon_mrgreen:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I had to jump on Halo 2 for a few hours last night. I was a bit rusty. I got schooled by a bunch of twelve year old kids. I can get back into form with a little practice though.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    :lol: - Damn kids run circles around me sometimes in those games.

Now I got to get back to work and finish this report and earn my money ...

I will be back on later today to inflict the gospel and catch up at the SOSD forum and razz those Bolt heathens as well. :icon_mrgreen:

Laters ....

T

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 19 / -4
    I play alot more of the computer shooters
    Call of Duty and Battlefield 2 and C&C Generals

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Thumper - I have extensively sampled the grub in the heart of Texas and Southern California (born in Oceanside) and the mexican grub in Texas wins hands down. Very different grub and tastier in my opinion. Even the phat azz homemade tortillas blow ours away here in So. cali.

For instance, you can not find barbacoa (BBQ's cows head) here the same way you can in Texas plus the BBQ'ing is just off the hook.

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I'm not going to debate this with you Trumpy. I was just giving Shamrock a hard time. I've lived in San Antonio and here. I like the stuff here. It's what I'm used to. The mexican food there is a little different, but also damn good.

So to put it another way, GET OFF MY JOCK ON THIS ISSUE! :icon_tease:

edit: Texas BBQ blows away anything here in SD. Only thing close is Phil's BBQ in Mission Hills.

21. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    I've never been banned. I feel so inadequate :unsure:

22. NYchargerfan

NYchargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

Toby. I realize you dont care for me. And thats fine. But I do the best job I can over there. It isnt easy and it isnt the type of thing that is going to make everyone happy. There will always be folks who think they can do a better job, I mean look the Free Trumpy thread. YOu have old school yelling there isnt enough mod involvement then Leisure screaming over modding we cant win.

The only person I get annoyed with is leisure, and he has done far worse to me than I ever have to him. He has said some really rude things to me on the board and via pm's. So when It comes to leisure, I have zero tolerance. I try to ignore him to the best of my ability.

And as far as you and I are concerned. I apologized to you, I have congratulated you in post count threads, since that disagreement we have had... heck I even gave you well wishes for your son.

I have tried to bury the so-called hatchet. But you seem to still have a lot of disdain for me and all because I was doing my job. Trying to keep politics off the Charger forum in a place it didnt belong, when I didnt even start the thread. Compubolt did. And he admited that he was stirring the pot. Keep in mind, any thread that gives any of us mods any kind of credit, you feel the need to chime and tell us how over rated mods are.

We are not a power hungry bunch. We try to do the job, the best way we can and as fair as we can.

I realize everyone thinks its lots of fun to cause a bunch of drama on a forum and or on the internet, but what the folks may or may not realize is that it causes US the mods to have a ton of extra work. Especially if people get insulted and or start reporting posts. etc.

And Leisure, well he and I are never going to agree. And before you go taking his side, you may want to read the last pm I got from him.
    Not to mention the fact that right in a thread last week he told me and I quote... "FU".

Real nice huh. Yeah, he is real mature. He was and still is Guffy's #1 fan.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Gotta try Phil's...never been there......

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Dude -

You guys have a tough job ..... I had been offered the same job on different boards and always declined. It is wanting to stay neutral or impartial as much as possible and not affecting what others perceive because of a forum position. This is why I detest post counts. They act as a damn bulls-eye.

The brother with one post may be just as passionate as a brother with 20,000 posts. Unfortunately, those stats exist to judge and play patty cakes or namby pamby games of judgement.

Mod'ing is over rated and not intended as a diss which I saw Toby post.

To a certain degree Leisure is correct. Yes he is an irritant and I saw his FU post but that is just Leisure and his rebellion against the machine. Dude dares to be different which is commendable but he gets his nuts pummeled as well. He is like a mischevious younger brother giving everyone the finger but he means well and hell I have never even met him.

If you have access to my PM's, look at what OLDSCHOOL has sent me and you tell me ? I do not play the PM game with unknown posters and made it clear to him to stay off my PM's (I can not believe I even have to type this then or now).

I had a warning not to by-pass the chat filters (F#ck or shiit etc) so I switched up to sheet, chiat, fugg, puzzy to tone it down and then "bam". I called out Donnie Edwards as a "puzzy" then I guess that is what did the banning (I think I may have thrown in a few KMA's and SMD's in another thread) but nothing way over the top. I did kill the Easter bunny which made my day. :icon_mrgreen:

Hey no worries because it is what it is ....

Sometimes things get heated and passionate but that is the name of this game and what allows a forum to grow and prosper. There are rules which all sites have which I understand but by the same token as someone stated - you can not please everyone no matter how hard you try.

Life is too short to worry about the small sheet pretty much and crying about a banning is just ridiculous.

Oh and the FREE TRUMPY thread was started by OldSchool....hmmmmm somehow there seems to be a conflict in logic here ? :icon_rofl:

25. NYchargerfan

NYchargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Trumpy. I bear you no ill will. And as I stated. I had nothing to do with your banning. I cant really comment on it. But I was not behind it.

The bottom line, I realize "L" is all about the scandal. All about mixing it up.
    And I realize this, but he seems to have gotten a bee in his bonnet about me, and he does not relent.

I feel ya on the old school cat. I DO NOT LIKE HIM, he is overly negative IMO.
    The first week he was on the board we had a conversation about the whole Brees situation... and WHAMMO.. he says he wishes he could put me on ignore.... I said for what????

Because we dont agree??? He has a right to his opinion, he has a right to be negative about the Chargers. But if you act like that all the time on that board your gonna get run. Its the mob mentality and its just how it is.

And I Am all fine with being an inividual, you cats would be pretty suprised at the way I am compared to the board. Hell a few seasons ago I was a bit of a rabble rouser, there was a time that I was even economically boycotting the team. IE I wasnt going to spend any more money on merch till they put a competitive product on the field. But then things changed.

And as far as "L" getting his nuts toasted, he gets alot be he dishes alot and he brings it on himself. I realize he has personality, but he is there to stir the pot.. nothing more.

He thinks because I have warned people in the past not to do something in a thread or two, he accuses me of talking down to the posters etc.

In the past when I have done this, I have realized this was a mistake and now I PM folks privately. But it was never meant as a means to talk down to you guys. It was more me trying to give folks the benefit of the doubt, to change what was happening before anyone got in trouble.

I realize this is more than you all care to know about this situation.
    The thing with me a leisure is personal at this point. I dont like him he dont like me. I was merely trying to mend fences with Toby, because I was hoping he would see my side of things and understand that I was genuinely apologizing for our past differences.

BUt I cant please everyone... and some folks just seem to not get me and its been this way my whole life. Sure, because I am a mod im considered
    working for the "man" ... but I am far from that.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Good post.

I harbor no ill will toward anyone except the Raiders and Broncos. You have a thankless job.

PM'ing versus a public display is the ticket it would seem.

If I could count the times posters have told me to go F myself, I would be a multi-millionare because someone does not like what I posted.

Again, I have toned down the language and have been consistent since I was first told. After I read the offending post, I was surprised. Maybe I should have said Donnie Edwards was a wussie or puss but I figure Edwards lovers got heated and disagreed to the point they bugged the crap out of the mods to take action.

It is no different than when I brought up Seau's sorted past and when it surfaced, some senior posters called me a ahole and other crap because their bubble of Seau was popped. :yes:

Same thing with the selective enforcement of RULES such as being vulgar or language. If one were to be consistent, then the following should not be allowed as well (crap, damn, dick, ahole, punk, ghey, moron) but it is NO problem using these phrases consistently until it affects someones "nerve". This is the conundrum being a mod especially in a football forum.

There was one poster who I thought was the biggest ahole and then when I met them, I found out they (actually a few) were pretty cool aholes :icon_mrgreen:

It is all good. This is really the small stuff in life and the season is where it is at for this cat. :icon_guitar: :icon_beerbang:

27. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I wonder who that could be.......: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if you and Toby have any issues. I hope not. Toby's standard answer is "mods are overrated" could be considered irritating to mods that are trying to just do a job and keep the forum running smoothly. I do think however the quote you quoted of his, we were refering to Karl Hungus, to which I am not a fan of. He banned me once, without finding out what was going on, tried to put the blame on cardiff rob, then taunted me when he came back. I just don't interact on the Padres side and no problem.

BTW-You Charger mods do a great job. And of the Charger mods, you're one of the best. I'm not being a kiss ***, just calling it as I see it.

Now Toby, NY, if you guys have issues, please try to resolve them. If I'm wrong , am you guys are fine, then nevermind. But, you're two of my favorite posters. I don't want any fighting over here.