1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SCOUT: “SMITH LOST MILLIONS TODAY”

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deb, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    SCOUT: “SMITH LOST MILLIONS TODAY”

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 11, 2009, 4:25 p.m.

Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith’s campus workout today in front of NFL scouts was a “disaster,” according to Tony Pauline of SI.com.
    Quoting an unnamed scout, Pauline writes that Smith’s lack of preparation was obvious as he was overweight. One scout called the performance, “one of the worst workouts I’ve ever seen.”

Another AFC East scout told Pauline: “He lost millions today.”
    As a league source told us earlier today, Smith ran with his shirt off.
    According to Pauline, comments were made about “the flab and the rolls on his body” during Smith’s 40-yard dashes as he posted times between 5.21 and 5.29 seconds.
    Per the article, several scouts weren’t happy to travel a long way only to witness a bad workout. And Smith’s trainers were not pleased, either.

UPDATE: NFL.com has reported additional details on the workout, noting that Smith was 6-4 1/4, 325 pounds with 40-yard dash times of 5.28 and 5.33 seconds.
    He turned in a 25-inch vertical leap, a 7-10 broad jump, a 7.88 time in the three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds for 19 repetitions.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm near 55 and I can do better than that. Hell, I do better running backwards.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,346 / 19 / -3
    I'm still interested in looking at him if he drops down to 16, I'd of course want to do a serious check on him but he could be a hell of a bookend along side McNeil and combined with Forney, you've got a damn good run blocking right side