1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seattle @ San Diego Aug. 25th

Discussion in 'Tickets for Sale or Trade' started by stonuts, Jun 29, 2008.

1. stonuts

stonuts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking at tickets for the Seattle Pre-Season game, but I feel like something doesn't make sense. There are some Field level tickets for between $30 and $40, but some say "obstructed view" in the small print.

I don't live in the San Diego area, and I have not been to a charger game in person for 15 years or so. This is going to be a special day, because I get to share a charger football game with my 3 year old son the same way my father shared it with me. But, I need some help from the charger community, or at least some reassurance that I will not be disappointed by buying tickets that look like a great deal.

Are there field level seats that are not worth sitting in cause you can't see the action? What is down on the field that could obstruct your view?

Finally, where would you say a good seat would be located? Are the plaza seats better than the Field seats as far as view of the field? I hate buying stuff like this online, because I always feel like I'm about to be ripped off.

Thanks for your input.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 12 / -5
    Do you know exactly where the seats are? The lower you are in field level, the worse it gets as all you'll see are the player's backs.

3. stonuts

stonuts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There are a bunch of different sections available. The "obstructed view" does seem to be because of the players. I saw a couple of warnings that said, "obstucted view because of the low row".

My options are one of three things, Field seating in the first 8 rows on either end of the chargers sideline (between the 10 and 20), Plaza seating behind an end zone, or View seating in the middle of the field. Which option sounds the best to you?

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 12 / -5
    View would work, but trying to bring a 3 year old up there might be a bit tricky. I sit in Plaza, right above the tunnel the Chargers come out of. Those are good seats. If you don't mind paying the extra $$$$ on a pre-season game, Plaza would be your best bet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I'd go with the view seating in the middle of the field as first choice. Plaza in an end zone second, and I'd really stay away from the field seating you mentioned. You will only be able to see the action on the jumbotron and you will have to stand the whole game to see that.

6. BleedBLUE&GOLD

BleedBLUE&GOLD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I used to have seats that were 4 rows from the Charger bench (actually sub-leased); and they were great at first but like some guys mentioned, it got kind of old having to watch the big screen scoreboard for replays of plays that were along the sideline and the corner of the endzone. Otherwise it was pretty cool to be down there hearing the boys on the bench.

I got my seats moved back 6 rows to row 10 now and I haven't seen a game there yet, but I remember that it does make a difference in view (while I was walking down to my old seats). I can't make it to that game and I need to sell those tickets. They are a little below face value but most likely not as cheap as Stub Hub. Let me know if you're interested.

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    It depends on what is important to you. If you want to be near the action, Field is great. But if you want to have a good look at the game, Field sucks. Down low you can't see because of the players, and even higher up in Field you have to stand all the time to see over all the people standing in front of you.

I personally wouldn't sit any lower than Plaza, but again, if being close is a bigger concern, you might think otherwise.

If I were you, I'd wait a bit, and then get on eBay. Find a guy with a good feedback rating and you should be in good shape. As for pre-season tickets, people are practically giving them away most of the time, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding some for a real good price.

8. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I took my son to his first game when he was about 5 or so. We sat in View, and while he enjoyed the game, the highlight of the night for him was that we got to ride the big escalator.

9. stonuts

stonuts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You guys are awesome.

Thanks for the feedback. That is exactly what I was looking for.

If anyone stumbles upon this thread and has some good seats they are looking to part with, this is my situation.

I'm looking for 3 seats Plaza level or so for the preseason Monday night Seattle game. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so money is the biggest constraint for me, but I'm also looking for a pretty decent view of the game. This is the only game my family will get to see live for the next few years because we don't live in the area, so I will be looking for the best deal.

Feel free to contact me by posting here, or sending an email to ryanstowasser [at] hotmail [dot] com. Otherwise, I will be shopping on ebay and stubhub.

Thanks again. Long live bolttalk! And GO BOLTS!

10. stonuts

stonuts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure my son's favorite part will be something along the same lines. I'm sure it will mean more to me than him, but I still wouldn't miss the opportunity. He'll probably like the cannon and later in life he can use the pics to prove he isn't a bandwagon fan.

I'd love to get him something similar to the yellow "Charger Power" shirts that I grew up in. Do they still sell those? If they don't, they should.

I'm getting all nostalgic.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 12 / -5
    I'm taking my 3.5 year old son to the Seahawks game as well. He doesn't know about it yet though. He'll be decked out in Charger gear of some sort.

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I got a reproduction on eBay a couple years ago, I'm not sure if the guy is still around.

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    AWESOME!

I agree they should bring back the charger power shirts, but they have all kinds of cool kids gear:abq2: