1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Semi - OT : Oakland drafting QB?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fossil, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +183 / 2 / -1
    Saw a report that Oakville might cut Palmer if he doesn't restructure. If so, the Terds would be looking QB with their first pick, which might indirectly help us if it creates a situation where two or three QBs are taken ahead of our first pick. Just speculation on Palmer now and wishful thinking about Barkley and/or Manuel, but weirder things have happened on draft day.

March 27

Raider QB at center of latest draft buzz ... There is just a month and a day until the picking starts at the 2013 draft and usually about this time the smoke around the league starts to get hot and heavy. However, whether it is the remarkable fluidity in this year’s draft class or something else, there really hasn’t been a ton of buzz to date. The one story that seems to have legs is the fact that veteran Oakland QB Carson Palmer is refusing to restructure his current contract and all signs are pointing to the fact that the Raiders are prepared to release him if the standoff continues as expected. And that would almost certainly increase the chances that Oakland things extra hard about taking West Virginia QB Geno Smith with the 3rd pick at next month’s draft. At the same time, the expectation around the league is that if Palmer is released then he could end up at Arizona.

http://www.gbnreport.com/draftbuzz.html
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    It really depends, a ton of teams are going after Matt Flynn, It also depends if they really do like what they saw in Pryor (I took it with a grain of salt, but we do have to remember it was said 2 months ago, if it were said today it would be total Smoke out of the rear)

Personally if I were Oakland I would release Palmer, and sign Vince Young.
  3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    I still have yet to realize what the hype is around Matt Flynn. Dude had 1 good regular season game in GB, and a couple of good preseason games, against scrubs. Seattle goes out and gives him huge money, and he can't even get on the field with them. It didn't take long in TC for Russell Wilson to take that job.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    I think it was the little auditions he had

first start in 2010 254 yards 3 TD's
    2012 480 yards 6 TD's

But still history tells us that even flashes of brilliance can come back to bite you in the arse. I think if Oakland lands him, it'll be because Mckenzzie knows what he's getting. Like I said if it were me, I'd rather take my chances on Geno Smith or Vince Young.
  5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    I would hands down take Geno Smith, or even wait till the second and take Manuel. I would not take on that contract for a guy like Flynn.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NYCharger

NYCharger BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Seattle didn't really give him huge money, which shows how muted the interest actually was. Teams might be going after Flynn, but not as any kind of franchise savior.
  7. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +183 / 2 / -1
    It looks like as of Friday Flynn is balking at restructuring to play for the Raiders and if they can't make that happen Plan B is to bring in Kevin Kolb?