1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEND YOUR CHILD TO PHILIP’s FOOTBALL CAMP

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by Concudan, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    In 2010, Philip Rivers and the Rivers of Hope Foundation held their first Philip Rivers, Old Spice Football Camp.

The event takes place at UCSD, one of the most beautiful spots in southern California; from the college stadium you can see the ocean. My youngest son attended that very first camp, with no idea what to expect. What he came away with are life long memories that he still talks about today.

I have heard him tell his friends on several occasions that he caught 6 of the 9 passes Philip Rivers threw to him. They of course nay say him until they ask me, to which I nod the affirmative. Then they say “Wow! You caught passes from Philip Rivers!”

The one thing that impressed me about the camp, is that unlike many ‘star’ camps where the players show up, give a rah-rah speech about staying in school, eating your vegetables and then leave. Philip stays at the camp all day spending time with and speaking to the kids (telling them to eat their vegetables as well as other things). He is there for the kids, no ifs ands or buts about it.

This year, I really wanted to give a child the gift of attending the Philip Rivers, Old Spice Football Camp. However, when I broached the subject with the administration of BoltTalk they said that one child was simply not good enough. They wanted to give two children the gift of the Philip Rivers, Old Spice Football Camp.

So to that end, BoltTalk, in conjunction with ProCamps Worldwide are introducing the SEND YOUR CHILD TO PHILIP’s FOOTBALL CAMP contest.

To be eligible, a child must fit the following requirements:
    • Be either Male or Female
    • Between the ages of 7 and 14 years of age (this excludes leap year age)
    • Able to have fun in the sun
    • Able to enjoy working in small groups
    Now, if your child (or you) fit those requirements here are the contest details:

• The contestants those nominating a contestant need to write (or type) a letter to Philip Rivers, between 100 and 500 words, explaining why they deserve to attend the Philip Rivers, Old Spice Football Camp, in 2012.
    • That letter must be emailed to BoltTalk (Curtis@boltalk.com).
    • All entries must be received no later than May 20, 2012. All letters will be posted at www.BoltTalk.com.
    A member of the Rivers of Hope Foundation will determine the two winning entries.

1 winner will be chosen from the 7-10 year old contestants, and 1 from the 11-14 year old contestants.

All entries must include the following in the letter:
    • First Name
    • Last Initial
    Children, get your parents/guardians permission before entering.

If selected your child will receive:
    1 ticket to the Philip Rivers, Old Spice Football Camp ($199 value).
    1 BoltTalk goodies bag containing many wonderful gifts

They will also receive at the camp:
    • Camp T-Shirt
    • Autographed Camp Team Photo with Philip
    • 7 Hours of Expert Instruction
    • Opportunity to Win Contests and Prizes
    • A Fun and Educational Experience Guaranteed!
    Please ensure that we have the parents or guardians contact information in the entry email, thank you and good luck!

The camp will be held at UC San Diego, on June 23rd and 24th. For further information on the Philip Rivers, Old Spice Football Camp can be obtained at http://www.procamps.com/philipriverscamp

BoltTalk would like to thank the following for their support in this contest:
    San Diego Chargers
    ProCamps Worldwide
    The Rivers of Hope Foundation
    • Like Like x 4