1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sharpe Edge: Tomlinson might be the best

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gatchaman, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Gatchaman

Gatchaman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    (Oct. 16, 2005) -- At the pace LaDainian Tomlinson is going, he just might be the best running back of all time.

This is a guy who can obviously run, he has caught 100 passes in a season, he scores touchdowns, and against the Raiders, he even threw a touchdown.

Not only is he the best running back in the game, but he could be the best player in the NFL regardless of position. I spent a lot of time thinking about another back who reminds me of him, and I came up blank.

First off, the misconception about him is that he is a little guy. That is the furthest thing from the truth. He's 5-foot-10, which is average, but he is 220 pounds. Two-twenty for a running back is not small. That's bigger than Walter Payton was; that's bigger than Emmitt Smith ever played at.

He is a strong, fast player with unbelievable field vision. There might be another back out there who is a better pure runner and there might be another one who is a better pure receiver, but no one has a better combination of the two.

And I'm not sure anyone ever has.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8973049