1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

...Sharpe, looking for any reason to not pick our bolts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by **2~FOR~1**, Dec 11, 2006.

1. **2~FOR~1**

**2~FOR~1** BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    On the other hand, the Chargers look great. I like that they let Philip Rivers throw the ball. Obviously LaDainian Tomlinson is having a special year, but no one can shut him down. Baltimore did a good job against him in Week 4, but he is unstoppable now. He might end up with 35 touchdowns when this season is done.

Baltimore might be top team in the AFC, though. The Ravens already beat San Diego and held L.T. to under 100 yards. This week, they went to Kansas City and beat the Chiefs, who lost for the first time in the last 18 games in the month of December at Arrowhead.

If you can play defense in the NFL, you can win. Control the clock, don't turn the ball over and play the battle of field position. That is what the Ravens do and that is how you win games.

Additionally, they get interceptions and fumbles with the thought of scoring on them. They are probably more athletic than our Super Bowl team in 2000, but I would still rank them behind our squad of that season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9863580

:tdown: someone shoot the m'phukah already :tdown:

2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    "Scouts already are on the lookout for Shawne Merriman clones.
    The reason for these numbers is that the league is trying to protect the quarterbacks. The emphasis on not allowing defensive players to chuck outside of five yards along with the limits on hitting the quarterback have resulted in scoring going up. I don't think the league should let this get too far out of hand. One way for teams to help curtail this from a defensive perspective is to shift their draft strategy. Good quarterbacks complete about 60 percent of their passes. But that is only if he is in an upright position. If you leave him upright, he'll make you pay. My thought is that instead of searching out cover cornerbacks, teams need to go out and find themselves more Shawne Merrimans. "

BRILLIANT!!!:icon_rofl: :icon_toast: :bolt: :bolt2: :icon_banana:

3. TJBOLT

TJBOLT New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    he sounds like Turd Woodson they are big time Homers

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    to a championship team member, no team is better then theirs. That's just their mindset.

Sharpe I like better then Woodson because there's far less homer-ism with Sharpe and he tries, at least, to be more of a professional

5. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Isn't this what we do already?? But with a more explosive offense??

6. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Shannon Sharpe is a Donko through and through. After the butt whipping his boys received, what do you expect him to write? :tdown: