1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sherman goes "Gangsta".

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 0 / -0

I kinda felt bad for Erin......thought he was gonna whip out a 9 right there. :tdown:
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    manning2.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +190 / 6 / -3
    Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Mark Twain
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +286 / 7 / -1
    Watching the post game show you see that he is really polite. Crabtree was just being an *** to him.

But then again, I loved him talking smack. All the people who got angry about it just made me laugh. Trash talk is such a fun part of the game. We Charger fans really should get that most of all, considering our QB has the biggest mouth on him during games.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 42 / -6
    The dude was amped up after making a huge play and folks want him to act like a mortician?????
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! You stick a microphone in someones face after that kind of game, what do you expect? I do not want my key defensive players to be "NICE". I want them evil, wicked, mean and nasty! The "NICE" guys are watching the Super Bowl! We only saw what was recorded after the game, what was said by the 49ers during the game?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Nice guys finish last

Leo Durocher
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +382 / 4 / -0
    Whinier fans in the league than 49er fans, do not exist.
    I've seen Marshall in other videos, the dude seems like a really fun/funny guy.
    The Whiner fans reaction made me even more of a Marshall/Seahawks fan.

Eff the Donkey...Go Seattle!
    #EmeraldCity #BeastMode #Skittles #Seismograph #MarshallMarshallMarshall #ErinAndHerNine
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    I understand Sherman's emotions, and I love him as a player, but he goes over the top too much.

The slap on the butt, and choke gesture to 49er fans, and then the interviews. The guy is like a little kid sometimes. Be professional, and act like you've been there before. Just because Crabtree says, "I don't think he's the best corner in the game, but I don't know much about corners I know the best defenses, and we're facing one" isn't a diss at Sherm.

This is coming from a Sherm lover too, but I hope Peyton attacks him and makes him look bad. Demaryius Thomas better be on him too, because Eric Decker won't get 2 yards downfield on Sherm. Then I hope Peyton retires. The end!
  10. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +220 / 1 / -1
    Personally, I'm more of the opinion that while trash talk is fine, on the field that's between you and the guy who you're talking to. Once the game is over you should have some class and be a bit more gracious in victory, instead of carrying on the immature act and putting a negative spotlight on yourself and your team in the media. At the end of the day, you're representing yourself and your team in front of a national audience, you should act like a professional...
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,246 / 12 / -5
    Andrews was on Dan Patrick this morning and she loved what Sherman said. Her problem was when Fox told her to cut off the interview. Said she wasn't told why.
  12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

‘To Those Who Would Call Me a Thug or Worse …’
    I show passion on the football field—but that’s only a small part of who I am. If you want to judge me, I can handle it.

What a night, and what a finish.

Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.

Here’s what happened …

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.

Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”
    Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.

But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you’ll see from me. It’s sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it.

One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.

So here we are, in the Super Bowl. New York-bound. There will be a lot of talking, but at this point, after 18 games, there’s nothing left to say. We have the right mindset, and nothing can change that. We’ve treated every week like a championship opportunity and we’ll obviously continue to think that way. We deserve to be here. We didn’t sneak into the Super Bowl; we earned our way. Now every goal we set forth at the beginning of the season is in front of us.

The Broncos stand in our way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest quarterback in football and receivers who are large (mostly), explosive with the football and run great routes. Wes Welker is quick and elusive, Eric Decker is a great receiver with hands and speed, and Demaryius Thomas is as strong as they come. And Peyton knows how to get each of them in spots.

It’s the No. 1 offense vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.

[​IMG]
    (Robert Beck/Sports Illustrated/The MMQB)
    Read Richard Sherman’s columns for The MMQB here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,246 / 12 / -5
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-i-dont-want-to-be-a-villain/

14. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I dont buy the 'I dont wana be a villian' bit.

It is part of his game, he tries to get under peoples skin, in their heads and mess with their game. I think he is very deliberate in it. Nothing wrong with having confidence, but when you take a post game interview to slam the opposition and make it more of a me moment, people will judge.
  15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,246 / 12 / -5
    And if the fight story is true with Crabtree? Crabtree has been long known for being a diva WR. No sympathy there from me. Admittedly, I didn't like what Sherman said at first. But I understand it.
  16. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Oh do not get me wrong, I am not excusing Crabtree, but so far all the information on the pushing during the game and the fight in the off season is from one source... Sherman. I am not taking any of this as cardinal law based on that.

I understand it as well, I think he would be better served letting his play do the talking though.
  17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,246 / 12 / -5
    Erin Andrews interviewed on Dan Patrick's show this morning:

18. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
  19. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +190 / 6 / -3
    Honestly - who ******* cares? The guy runs his mouth - but his play often backs it up. Do I think he makes himself look foolish at times? Yeah - hence the Mark Twain quote. Just my opinion. I don't dislike the guy, I just prefer the type of player who takes care of business & doesn't muckrake - whether he 'started" it or not. Bottom line - he's a winner & only has to satisfy his employer with his behavior. The rest of us? He doesn't have to care.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +210 / 13 / -2
    One of my all time faves. I keep stressing this notion to BBB but he's just a rebel without a cOz ;)
  21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,246 / 12 / -5
    A bit off topic?
  22. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Isn't this what the league wants? They now have a clear villain to root against in the Super Bowl. Peyton in his white hat, and Sherman in black.

Wait....... that didn't come out racist, did it? ;)
  23. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Watch Conctroll give me a troll response for responding:confused:
  24. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,011 / 33 / -20
    Makes you wonder what an *** like that did to get into Stanford.
  25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,246 / 12 / -5
    He got in because:
    a.) he was ranked 2nd in his high school graduating class
    and
    b.) he can play football
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  26. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    cognitive dissonance about to leave some serious damage with that truth
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Fox went to him for an interview immediately after the game for a reason. He's an amp'd up emotional player who is always good for a quote. He's also much more than that and highly intelligent, he plays his role perfectly.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Isnt he the guy who punched the redskin player after one game?
  29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,011 / 33 / -20
    Thank you Wikipedia. ;)

But doesn't mean he's not an ***.:tup:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  30. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,011 / 33 / -20
    ...and got away with taking adderall even though his teammates got suspended.