1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should I even wear my Rivers jersey anymore??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RandyJR, Nov 12, 2012.

1. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    I was so skeptical about buying it last year because I still felt a bond with Brees and didnt like the way Rivers played his first 2 years and that the previous 2 he got lucky with the big man Jackson but I did go out and spend the money on the only jersey for a player I felt like the Chargers organization would keep throughout his career, thus ensuring a good investment...... Well I wouldnt be surprised if you find him and this jersey on EBAY after the season is over... Both in terrible condition!!!
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +813 / 14 / -3
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Wait, you bought it last year (2011) and thought that he got "lucky" the 2 prior years due to VJ? You do realize that 2010 he lead the NFL in passing yards, 2nd in QB rating, and 5th in TD's, all of which while VJ was on his couch whining about a new contract, right? Also, 2009 he was 3rd in QB rating, tied with Tom Brady in TD's at #6, and had less Int't than Brady, Manning, Brees, Chaub, Eli, Warner, and Big Ben, yet he got lucky?

You also didn't like how he played "his 1st 2 years", which would have been 08 and 07, and in 08 he lead the NFL in QB rating, was tied for the lead in TD passes, and had less Int's than every other QB in the top 10 other than Eli (Who only averaged 201 yards per game)

Do you not realize how absolutely stupid it sounds when what you post is NOT backed up by facts?
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +752 / 5 / -0
    There are reports that Philip may have suffered a concussion. When asked why he threw the bad pass to a defender for a pick 6, Rivers said "What pass?"
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    The Rivers hate bandwagon is gaining steam.

There's even morons on Facebook saying we should start Whitehurst over him. :roflmao:
  6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I just love all the people who claim he NEEDS VJ, when his best year was without VJ. He doesn't need VJ, he needs an O-Line that is even halfway decent.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    Maybe you should've remembered that Rivers' first season was in 2006 before you posted the bold. Just sayin'.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    You are right, my bad. His 1st year, 2006, he was top 10 in QB rating, TD's, Yards, all with only 8 Int's and lead the team to a 14-2 record. Then he had a down year his 2nd year, 2007, when he was STILL 10th in QB rating, 12th in TD's. Follow that by the 2008-10 seasons I mention above, and it makes the original post even more asinine
  9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6
    Is it a full moon??????????
  10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Troll much?
  11. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    Hey, its an opinion... I was stating no facts.
    First of all, the entire post was an opinion so there are no "facts" that can be called wrong... Secondly, I said one thing about Vincent Jackson and that was only because he was fresh on my mind after this weekend, they had great chemistry and Jackson could go up and get those balls that werent perfectly thrown (much like our number one reciever now: Floyd) thats all I was getting at.. Very disappointed.
  12. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    ironic, that you come onto a post and make this statement..... especially when other dude blew up about MY opinion... lol. i was only asking if I should keep wearing my jersey out of superstition?? ... So to answer your question, no i dont.
  13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    Funny, because you mentioned nothing about superstition in the first post, meanwhile mentioning everything about what the "other dude" argued against.
  14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    This, right here, is something that can be (and was) proven wrong with facts.

"he previous 2 he got lucky with the big man Jackson "​
  15. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    its all subjective.. i wasnt asking how well hes played through his career. i already know. ive watched plenty of games and I can form my own OPINION based on that. my opinion is that he got lucky... I was asking if I should wear my jersey and yes it was supposed to be about superstition but sorry for not being specific, i got sidetracked..

whether it was Jackson helping or GOD doesnt matter. i said he got lucky and everyone else said it was skill ( thats what these guys are defending; Rivers' skills)....

also, we know Rivers has had a couple good years but go take a closer look.. only 2 years will jump out at you and in one of those seasons Rivers fumbled in the redzone one week that cost us the game and ultimately the playoffs...

and where did you come from? we didnt need a moderator. and they said i was trolling.
  16. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
  17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    And it was a ridiculous opinion which isn't backed up by any facts, especially the claim that he was lucky having VJ when he DIDN'T have VJ
  18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    There is nothing subjective about claiming he had VJ, when he didn't have VJ. That can't even be considered an opinion. And your statement was that he was lucky having VJ. It wasn't he was lucky having guys LIKE VJ, you claimed that he had VJ, which he didn't
  19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    So it was Rivers fault the team is where it has been over the last 5 years? You can say you are unhappy with the results, as we all are. But to blame it on Rivers alone, is totally asinine
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    Whether or not Rivers got lucky with big man Jackson in a year that big man Jackson hardly played in is about as far from subjective as you can get.
  21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    He missed 11 games one season... not the entire season.. so technically yes he did "have" him and despite his time off he finished 3rd on the WR stat chart... by the way all WRs that season were put out by Antonio Gates ridiculous season
  23. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    so you guys are right... 11 out of the 54 games i was referring to were incorrectly included.. :whistling:
  24. RandyJR

RandyJR BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    ok, yes i do blame rivers for the past two years. not the past 5 or 6 because we did have some good years as a team, especially his rookie season but another source for my original post was the fact that as soon as i bought the jersey he started throwing picks. sorry this got so out of hand. i wasnt trolling. i barely mentioned jackson and i wasnt willing to write an essay to describe why i feel the way i do and what i meant by everything i said but in the future i will do so, so you guys might lay off me.
  25. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +752 / 5 / -0
    I got a better deal on my Rivers jersey, only cost me $20.00 dollars...
    • Like Like x 2
  26. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    Only paid 2-fiddy for mine. :confused:
  27. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    The answer to the question is pretty easy. Do you like Rivers as a player? If the answer is yes, then wear your jersey, if not, eBay it. It's really that simple.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +752 / 5 / -0
    Really? Only 2-fiddy? Was the loch ness monster involved in this? Oh, he only wants 3-fiddy...

3 fiddy.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1