1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Slightly OT: Is anybody else unhappy with 1090’s coverage of Padres training camp?

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Thread_Killer, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it’s just me, but I am sick and tired of listening to Scott & BR talking Padres all the time. It is happening on all of the other 1090 shows as well throughout the day. This time of year, I just eliminate 1090 as an option for sports radio.

Even if I wasn’t a Dodger fan, I still would want 1090 to tone down the Padres emphasis. It is really going overboard and is bugging.

Thoughts?

PS. This thread is also about lack of CHARGERS coverage on 1090, hence the reason it belongs in this section on the forum.
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Slightly OT: Is anybody else unhappy with 1090’s coverage of Padres training camp

We have the same problem her in Grand Rapids. The local sports talk is all about the Tigers, the only saving grace is they have equal time bagging on the Lions. :lol:

Look at it this way

No news is good news on our Bolts!!

:tup:
  3. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Slightly OT: Is anybody else unhappy with 1090’s coverage of Padres training camp

yes yes yes yes yes yes yEs yes wait

no no no no no no no no non n no stop

dont dont dont dont stop
    • Like Like x 1
  4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 0 / -0

Ha .. so, you don't like the coverage because you are a Dodger fan .. Got it.. :p
  5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

I hate the Dodgers

how can any self respecting SD fan be a fan of the Dodger Blue!!

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:
  6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0

Sirius Satellite Radio.

It'll change your life if you spend any amount of time in the car.
  7. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0

BTW TK, the Duds? The Orioles have you THAT far down?
  8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0

Considering i hate baseball and dont want to hear about, i love 1090s coverage of training camp
  9. Thread_Killer

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0

Every half-way decent Oriole over the last 15 years (not named Ripken) has been caught taking banned substances, and that's not even counting Brady Anderson.

:icon_rofl:
  10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

I wasn't aware this was Padres Talk :icon_huh:

F**K the Padres.

Not every Chargers fan who lives outside the SD area likes the Padres for thier baseball team.

Somebody ought to move this thread....:tdown:
  11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,552 / 7 / -2

I stopped listening to those 2 clowns over a year ago and don't miss it for one second. And yes the entire stations Padres overkill is why I don't even listen to the station once football season ends until the second week of october, by then the Padres season is over and they have finished crying about another year without a championship.

And FWIW, Go Dodgers!
  12. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 0 / -0

I hated it as well, but trust me, appreciate it for what it is. I live near Vancouver, and the local sports radio here is horrible, makes me miss home even more.
  13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0

Yup. I was a major Orioles fan and planned to stay that way when I moved to San Diego. Though I always did like the Padres as well.

But MLB is a total bore to me these days.
    This is what killed it...
    94 strike
    No more Ripken
    No more Mcguire or Sosa.
    Threat to strike again in 02.
    Orioles Suck
    Padres are mediocre
    I hate Boston fans
    I hate New York fans
    politics
    steroids
    and washed up has beens looking to make money off of snitching on steroid users.

I can watch any NFL game.
    To me, MLB is about as exciting as tennis.
    If Padres or Orioles make it to the playoffs, there is some excitement.
    If either team makes it to the World Series... that's cools.
    If Padres win a World Series, I'd be excited.
    But not even close to how estatic I'll be when the Charegers win a Super Bowl!!! :bolt: :abq2: :abq1:
  14. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0

The thing that ruined it for me is the fact that every other team in the league is basically a minor league team for the Yank-me's and Red Sux. Until they level that playing field, it's nothing more than a sign that it's Summer.

Fuq baseball.
  15. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I am the type of poster that does not go into a thread of something that I dont like, just to rag on the people that do like it.

Like, if someone starts a hockey thread, I dont get into hockey, so I avoid it.

In my opinion(IMO), What's the point of saying "baseball sucks" or "hockey sucks" unless you are trying to stir the pot?

There's no hard and fast rule that says you MUST post in every thread, even if you have nothing to add.

People like other sports besides football. I know that's hard to believe for some of you, but its true.

The thread was moved to where it should have been in the first place, the "other sports" section.

edit: thanks to whichever mod did it. Muchos gracias.
  16. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0

Padres are going to be a non factor this year. They might win 80 games.
  17. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

That was uncalled for to take a cheap shot at me directly by saying that.:icon_eek:

As I said, F**K the Padres.

DODGERS all the way.:tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Thread_Killer

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0

I agree, attack the post, not the poster.

Having said that, I still think that you are a dick for asking that my thread be moved.

:lol:
  19. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0

thats because of the weak division it has been. They should of made it a 3 peat but the other teams caught up. If you enjoy division championships, then you must of loved the last couple of years. But its nothing to be happy about because we dont improve out squad. We sign old used up players to patch up our team.
  20. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

This is Bolt Talk (Chargers and NFL forum), not Padres Baseball Talk. This thread should be somewhere else. There is a place for all other sports here on Bolt Talk.

Hey I'm not a moderator, I didn't move it. I just stated the obvious it should be moved.:icon_shrug:

As for calling me a "Dick" for suggesting it. WTF :icon_shrug:
  21. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

I view the Padres, Giants, Diamondbacks, and Rockies in the same regard as the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs, since I've been a Dodgers fan since the mid 70's when I was in 3rd grade. Used to hate the Astros, and Reds when they were all in the same division a long time ago.

Although I do HATE the AFC west rivals, much, much more than the NL West rivals. Nothing compares to football. :tup:

Since I don't live in California I don't have to deal with the drama you're injecting. :yes:

Enjoy the upcoming baseball season, everybody in the West has a shot (except the Giants) they will end up in last place.:tup:
  22. Thread_Killer

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0

FWIW: I am still unhapy with 1090's coverage of the Padres.