1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Small school= Big player ???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Feb 12, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    what ya think
  2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    During his four-year career at Coastal Carolina, Norman totaled 196 tackles, including seven for a loss with 13 interceptions and 35 passes defensed..

he turned heads at the East-West Shrine game.. so he might not get selected because there are other CB's that are playing in stronger conferences then him.. but if he's available in the 6th or 7th rounds I would take him without a doubt.. I'd take him earlier if there's a lot of value at CB and there coming off the board this draft..
  3. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    idk ive went to alot of coastal games he has great hips and hands, and the shrine game boosted his stock from a 6-7 round to a 3-4 round, we wont make it to late
  4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    AJ Bethard agrees.
  5. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    whose that?
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    demon seed
  7. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    alright then,
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I doubt Norman lasts beyond the 3rd, particularly with a good combine.

Another small-school CB that I like & will go late or possibly undrafted is Micah Pellerin outta Hampton.
  9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    I just don't see him getting drafted with or in front of Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jenkins, Johnson, Gilmore, Prater, Fleming, and Boykin.. I mean how many CB's will go after Claiborne and Kirkpatrick?
  10. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Well, Boykin won't get drafted ahead of him unless it's purely as a returner. Boykin's a midget - easily an inch and a half under the 5'10" that UGA listed him at - and his ceiling is as a nickel or dime back - no one's going to draft that inside the first 3 rounds, possibly not the 4th. I'd say at this point at least 25% of the teams in the league have already taken Janoris Jenkins off their boards entirely - horrible character demonstrated over and over again, coupled with this league's suspension policies, tends to do that to prospects with multiple arrests on his record and who managed to get himself suspended at the school he went to because he got kicked out of the first school that suspended him. I'm on record that I'll be shocked if Jenkins even gets drafted on Day 2 (I don't think most teams would run the risk on him till the 4th round at the absolute earliest, regardless of talent).

And what Norman's got going for him is that he's a big CB and there are a number of teams that put a premium on that (Seattle, Green Bay, Miami, St. Louis), so a number of these sub-6'0" corners just aren't going to cut it for them and Norman will get moved up their boards as a result.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    the first 6 you named will be gone before the 3rd even starts, the rest norman is easily a better corner
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Jenkins may fall but the reasons for that will keep AJ from selecting him.