1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Some Sleeper Safeties

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by reef shark, Mar 10, 2007.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Daren Stone, Maine

Brandon Sharp, Louisville

previously mentioned Marvin White, TCU (not really sleeper anymore)

i know some of you guys really like that piscitelli kid, but i have my doubts, he doesnt seem like a true pass defender. plus, even though he has good size he isnt known to blow ppl up, apparently he is an ankle dragger like donnie.... correct me if im wrong tho

i think we will be fine if meachem/griffin arent there at #30, the draft is deep at safety imo. and in my gut i believe we could get by without getting a new #1 WR...but meachem would be my pick if possible

2. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    What about Josh Gattis? Didn't have the greatest combine or Sr. Bowl so he might slip a little in the draft but the guy is a football player - he's smart and just makes plays. Could be a good value in mid to late rounds though he's probably not a guy that could come in and have a huge impact immediately.

Though I admit I am biased b/c I got my masters from Wake Forest! It's been a long time since there have been any real prospects coming out of Wake.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Sabby says: "doubt me... and you too will sleep with the fishes..."
    :icon_twisted:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    Sabby Piscitelli is overrated, overhyped and will make some poor team very upset

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    You just made the list, pal.:icon_evil:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    i'm already a made man

seriously with his size and timed speed he should've been dominating, the fact is he's lazy, he's overrated and he has done NOTHING in the last few years to suggest he's a top safety. What happened with him is the same thing, more or less, that happened to leonard davis. People fell in love with his measureables BUT fail to take into account his heart or his desire or his passion for hte game.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    You broke my heart, Fredo.

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Piscitelli won't make it in the NFL as anything more than a backup at best and he will struggle to do that. Dude deserves to go 6th round in MTLworld.

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    couldnt agree more, of course he may be worth a shot in the third round, although the first ss off the board will be griffith, projected to go as late at 27th wed have our take on several decent safeties. being in va i like rouse from vt, watched a lot of hokie games, i think he is underated. sabby can stay in corvallis all i care.

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,234 / 38 / -21
    Overrated? The guy is predicted to go in the 4th or 5th round and he's out performed guys that are supposed to be 1st rounders! LOL The only reason he's not higher on the list is because he doest got to Texas, VT, LSU, or Miami like the top guys on the list do.

Im gonna scissor kick you in the back of the head if you ever dis my boy Sabby like that again.:icon_evil:

11. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    yea pac 10 schools other than usc and cal dont seem to get a lot of credit. but with this kid's size and speed, you would think he could blow some people up right? can any of you guys point to any highlights where he wouldve done this? i admit i havent seen this kid play extensively, but i also havent seen anything really amazing from him on the field yet either

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Aaron Rouse has the athleticism to play in the NFL but I don't think he'll ever be a starter at any given position. I have seen him quite a few times and he stinks in deep coverage and has gotten burned by WRs who won't even make it to the NFL. No doubt in my mind he projects as a linebacker in the NFL.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    After you knock 'em out with the kicks... get me their shoe size. I've got a guy who specializes in custom-made concrete sneakers. :icon_wink:

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    With his size and speed he should've been much better; griffin, weddle and Wendling get more out of less. And don't give me this "he's a 4th rounder and he's from a smaller school" crap, he's a second-third rounder because he was given the chance to just run at the combine and on a track he looks great. He doesn't play up to his ability, he makes sloppy tackles, he makes mental errors about, at best he might be a Cato-June-clone who could thrive in a right system but as a safety he'll be a disaster

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    Go to little italy then and buy one

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    in all likeliness he will be i concur
    i don't want him to be touched by the Chargers

and Griffin had more tackles and meant more to his team then Sabby did when Sabby could've been everythign Griffin was and more

17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,234 / 38 / -21
    Michael Griffen looked like crap in the combine and he played for Texas, so for that he walks head first into my comment earlier about bigger schools.

Weddle and Wendling played for two teams who I dont remember playing against a ranked opponent all year, they were good players playing against the Mountain West's sub par competition! Thats why they got more out of less!

Sabby's report
    The guy was known in college for his superb coverage skills which is what we need most, get him some tackeling drills away from Mike Riley and he may just be the best safety in the draft other than LaRon Landry.

18. Monkeybacon

Monkeybacon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Here's my opinion on Sabby. I live in Oregon and watch the Beafers more than I care to. OSU's defensive scheme has a way of making safeties look good. Anyone remember Mitch Meeuwson? How 'bout Dennis Weathersby or Jake Cookus? They all played well at OSU, but didn't amount to squat in the NFL. Sabby might be a little better than them, but I wouldn't count on him beating out Clinton Hart or Jue. We can do better.

19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,234 / 38 / -21
    I live in Albany, I know all about the Beavers defensive schemes.:lol:
    Weathersby was actually pretty damn good, its not fair how his NFL carrer was cut short.

I just think Sabby is in a whole different league then those guys, they were talented players who didnt have the physical skills or midset to be successfull in the NFL. Sabby has what it takes, he's a beast in every meaning of the word.

20. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I've heard both Sabby and Josh Gattis interviewed on Sirius. Both are smart kids.