1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sport Center Says

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Apr 21, 2010.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    That with the 28th pick The San Diego Chargers select DT Brian Price. Whats your thoughts? i personally am fine with this aslong as ben tate follow along with terrel troup
  2. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Price. Brian Price.

I can live with it. Depends on who we get in round 2, that will make or break how I feel about round one.
  3. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    thanks for tellin me i typed pace i didnt realize my typo.. but i think price could help our line
  4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    An idea. The Dolphins are looking to trade back and are in need of a pass rusher. Any chance we could get their 1st for #40 and Phillips? That would give them a good pass rusher along with keeping a 1st, and would give us two 1st round picks to work with.

Then we might be able to get Dan Williams are #12 and still get either Mathews, Price, or Taylor Mays at #28. Then we could get a Tate in the 3rd.

Our draft would be a major success if we got our NT, SS or DE, and RB with the 1st 3 picks
  5. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Matilack is gonna **** a break if we go Price/Tate like I said :lol:

AJ NEVER does what people say man, that's why I am sad they said we take Price.
  6. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    idk if thats a great idea. i mean i love the idea of 2 first round picks. but tate wont make it out the second.i mean honestly if we get dan williams with there 12th pick. then at the 28th we should draft jahvid best.then come the 4th round get legerette blount. and with the 3rd round we'd pick someone like darreell stuckley if hes there
  7. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    i like the price/tate idea. good DT great Rb. the one thing thatd id love to do is take sproles plus our 3rd and one of our 5th round picks and trade it to someone like new england for their 44th and 53rd pick, that way we would have 3 second round picks. then Trade Shaun phillips With our other 5th round pick for the miami dolphins 2nd and 3rd.Then i say Trade Malcom Floyd to the bucs for a 3rd and a 5th

1)Brian Price DT
    2)Ben Tate RB
    2)Tyson Alualu DE
    2)Sean Lee ILB
    2)Ricky Sapp OLB/DE
    3Darrell Stuckey SS
    3)Taylor Price WR
    4)Kevin Thomas CB
    5)Lonyae Miller RB
    7) Kyle Calloway OT

UDFA
    Hunter Lawerence

i think this could be a great draft if things like this happened
  8. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

yea id love that too, but your imagination is getting the best of you :icon_tease:... I LOVE Tyson and Sean Lee. I have expressed my man crush for Sean Lee for a while at another place.
  9. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    idk i think the trades are pretty realistic. i mean its package trades. its highly doubtable but its possible
  10. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    AJ has shown that he will trade up to get a guy (or 2) that he really likes. I am all in on using 1 or 2 of next years 3rd as bait, I think this draft is MUCH better than next years will be and we should take advantage.

Anything is possible, and I would be a happy man if AJ did get aggressive and trade up or acquire an extra 2nd or 2. We will see here in the next day or so!
  11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I woudn't touch Best. His concussions scare me, and reports are coming out that he is worried about them as well.

Maybe we trade Sproles as well to get back a 2nd round pick, and get Tate with that pick
  12. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    Agreed. If what i said happens i will crap my pants. cuz thats crazy if aj can pull it off.but id be so happy
  13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You forgot the disclaimer.....
    That Price pick was made by Kevin Acee. :yes:

:lol:
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,444 / 19 / -4
    If we are talking about trading with miami who needs a pass rusher and is looking to take one with their first overall pick ASSUMING they don't want Dan Williams, then let's discuss the only logical trade possible

Shawne merriman for their #1

They won't want Phillips (talented but doesn't beat people one on one), they will want the guy who is a proven wrecking ball, who has been a dominating pass rusher and has single handedly taken over games. Merriman is now two years removed from his injury when people say you return back to 100%. Miami is definitely more celebrity then San Diego and Bill Parcelles looked very strongly at Merriman in 2005 and Merriman has been rumored in a trade for a long time.

If its going to happen I think this is the most likely possible trade.

The question is will you take it?

Btw re: Price, I just do not know if he's a 3-4 NT. If we acquire him, more then anything, it suggests we are thinking of going to a 4-3
  15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Merriman has done little to nothing for like 2+ years, I don't think any team would be willing to give up a 1st for him just based on what he did 2+ years ago

The reason I was thinking Phillips is because they would get a pass rusher and still get a good draft pick. I doubt they trade their 1st round pick for a player startaight up. All the reports are saying they want to get a 2nd back. They probably want a 1st and 2nd for #12, but I doubt that happens. And with what I suggested, they will be able to address 2 needs, one with Phillips and the other at #40

I don't think anyone is looking at him as a 3-4 NT, but more like a DE. If we could get Miami's #12 and keep our #28, we could get Dan Williams (NT) early and then address DE, RB, SS, or ILB with #28